Embarq (Embarf)

Closed Thread
Old 07-21-2007, 02:08 PM
Default Embarq (Embarf)

Saturday A.M. Your representative came this morning to bury the new drop line and remove the temporary line. He left and the line is DEAD! I'm told that "normally" a technician follows to check the line and hook it up to the street box. WOOPS! It's Saturday and no one's working. Why, if anyone was thinking, would you disconnect our service on the weekend without being able to hook it back up? We'll try to have someone there by Monday afternoon. Gee thanks Embarq for your wonderful planning, training of your employees, and marvelous customer service.
**Monday morning a real telephone tech showed up, apologized for the outsourced employee that messed up the install and very quickly fixed the problem. He said that Embarq outsources every job possible. He had no explanation for the quality of work done by the non-Embarq employee.**
Old 07-21-2007, 02:48 PM
Default Re: Embarq (Embarf)

That's terrible! Your experience is another example of why we need to rid ourselves of the monopoly. Or I should say, the Villages developer needs to allow normal USA marketplace competition. Maybe if there were some competition between companies, they would make more of an effort.

When I first moved to TV about 1.5 yrs ago I bought the "bundle" offered by Sprint (now Em). They somehow crossed up my landline with the manned gate phone (a few blocks away from my house), so that for over a week, I could not dial out, or get a dial tone. But my phone would ring every so often. I would pick up, and could hear the gate guards talking!! It was so weird. It was a little like an old party line. It took them over a week to figure out how to remedy the problem. And they wasted a LOT of my time trying to get them to fix it.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.