Air Supply

Closed Thread
Old 01-03-2022, 03:18 PM

A SUCKER??????? Let me ask you what is a reasonable price to you to see The Beach Boys?????
Old 01-03-2022, 03:53 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,276 Times in 4,296 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael G. View Post
It's you rich fat cats from the New England states that come down here and drive-up prices,
then complain about their taxes up there.

Hell Ya, come to Florida, land of cheap living.

They're also the same people that pay for overpriced services to the first people that come to their front door.
Jealousy is not an attractive trait...

-Tom Petty
Old 01-03-2022, 05:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,875 Times in 949 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosoxfan View Post
Air Supply $96 and up
The Beach Boys &85 and up
Paul Anka $125 and up
38 Special $75 and up

Just curious why people don't blink an eye at these prices? Paul Anka is 80 years old
You can see the Beach Boys at the Strawberry fest in Plant City in March for $35
Air Supply & 38 Special have both been on the stage at Epcot
We tend to think of a fair price. That is not reality. If, people were not willing to pay those prices they would need to either cancel or lower the price. The performer does not get all that money. There is everything from lighting, security, ticket sellers, ushers,
attorneys, agents etc,etc,etc,etc
Old 01-03-2022, 06:08 PM
Sage

Quote:
It's you rich fat cats from the New England states that come down here and drive-up prices,

They're also the same people that pay for overpriced services to the first people that come to their front door.
Priced are rising everywhere. Fat cats? Reality whatever you have there will be people with more. People demand more. Things like a venue to have a concert and then object to paying for it. Personally, I've been poor. Actually in a way, a good thing. I appreciate what I have. I am now very comfortable-whatever that means. It only took me 45 years of hard work and savings. My simple genius that I share with everyone. Each year you will be one year older or dead. Prices always go up. Except if we have a depression.
Old 01-03-2022, 07:11 PM
Default Not True

Quote:

Not true and mean spirited. Especially ironic coming from the football team quarterback fan who lied about his vaccinations and put others at risk.
Old 01-03-2022, 07:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mneumann02 View Post
Not true and mean spirited. Especially ironic coming from the football team quarterback fan who lied about his vaccinations and put others at risk.
OK, we now have a winner in the "non-sequitur" of the day contest
Old 01-03-2022, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samfl View Post
We have been burnt twice by the Fifth Dimension (really one dimension and she couldn’t sing) and Gary Puckett. Therefore we will only go to the tribute bands. Terrific entertainment in the squares for free. It’s a free country, how others spend their money is none of my business.
That's too bad. We have seen Gary Puckett twice (pre-Covid, but in the past 5-10 years). He had a good show and was in good voice both times. In fact, I was impressed with how well he has learned to adapt and not strain his vocal cords, as many older singers do.

We have also seen the Fifth Dimension. There was only one original member. They were were ok, but not great. They did sing on pitch.

I have seen tribute bands for Chicago and John Denver. Both were huge disappointments.
Old 01-03-2022, 10:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,018 Times in 1,012 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samfl View Post
We have been burnt twice by the Fifth Dimension (really one dimension and she couldn’t sing) and Gary Puckett. Therefore we will only go to the tribute bands. Terrific entertainment in the squares for free. It’s a free country, how others spend their money is none of my business.
we were @ that show, & they rocked! am very sorry you didn't enjoy it, i'd see them again. Laverna did an excellent job, imo
Old 01-04-2022, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Air Supply $96 and up
Paul Anka $125 and up
38 Special $75 and up

Just curious why people don't blink an eye at these prices? Paul Anka is 80 years old
You can see the Beach Boys at the Strawberry fest in Plant City in March for $35
Saw Herman's Hermits last night. Prices were $35 - $40. I never enjoyed a concert more! Peter Noone is a great showman, great sense of humor, still has a good voice and oozes personality. The audience loved him.
Old 01-05-2022, 08:35 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Air Supply $96 and up
Paul Anka $125 and up
38 Special $75 and up

Inflation. That $8 ticket you bought for a concert in 1969 would cost a little over $80 in today’s money. Of course, by the same reasoning, the ten bucks you spent on pizza and beer after the concert would set you back $100 in today’s money.
Old 01-26-2022, 03:54 AM
Gold member

Air Supply is great! Of course I won't admit that in public.
Smaller venues?
Old 01-27-2022, 04:35 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by spjvette View Post
Lexus/ Toyota same car.
I recall watching one of the investment shows many years ago. The guest was a higher up at Mercedes. Of course they typically get the questions before the show, it is not often a surprise question. The host said Mercedes is a fine car but why are they so much more expensive in the US than in the rest of the world. The reply was we discovered that Americans bought them for prestige and preferred that they cost more.
Aside-at that time you could buy a Mercedes in Europe pay to have it shipped to the US and save significant money.
Old 01-27-2022, 06:10 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,132 Times in 812 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
Because they have the option of not going????
Yes, and heaven forbid if that option is taken away from us.
Old 01-27-2022, 06:13 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babubhat View Post
Too many people with excess funds and too little time left
Again, only for and you fat cats from the New Egland states that come down here with more $$$$ then God
Old 01-27-2022, 06:17 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVES View Post
I recall watching one of the investment shows many years ago. The guest was a higher up at Mercedes. Of course they typically get the questions before the show, it is not often a surprise question. The host said Mercedes is a fine car but why are they so much more expensive in the US than in the rest of the world. The reply was we discovered that Americans bought them for prestige and preferred that they cost more.
Aside-at that time you could buy a Mercedes in Europe pay to have it shipped to the US and save significant money.
Same with Cadillac, BMW, Mercedes etc.
Read Comsumer Reports, or JD Power some time.
These cars are high priced junk,
Closed Thread

Tags
air, supply, beach, boys, paul

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.