AIRBNB Question

AIRBNB Question

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors




















» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
AIRBNB Question
  #1  
Old 02-07-2019, 08:19 PM
JimD215 JimD215 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Brooklyn, Staten Island, Mount Hope, NY, Villa De Laguna
Posts: 40
Default AIRBNB Question

if you were a homeowner and rented out your home to someone and that tenant listed the property on AIRBNB would that be an issue? Tenant is in the house and renting out a BR. If i were the owner I would be a little leery about the tenant possibly putting cameras in the guests BR or bathroom or even possibly abusing the guest. Seems like a big risk as a homeowner.
Reply With Quote

  #2  
Old 02-07-2019, 08:30 PM
retiredguy123 retiredguy123 is offline
Platinum member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 1,660
Default

Many, if not most rental or lease agreements specifically prohibit any subleasing without permission of the owner. This would have solved any problem you may be having. I would never rent my property without this type of clause in the contract. I think it is a standard clause in rental contracts.

Last edited by retiredguy123; 02-08-2019 at 09:30 AM.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #3  
Old 02-07-2019, 08:43 PM
JimD215 JimD215 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Brooklyn, Staten Island, Mount Hope, NY, Villa De Laguna
Posts: 40
Default

Yes it is. Had many rental properties in the past and would be livid if that happened
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-07-2019, 08:56 PM
Fraugoofy Fraugoofy is online now
Gold member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,433
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimD215 View Post
if you were a homeowner and rented out your home to someone and that tenant listed the property on AIRBNB would that be an issue? Tenant is in the house and renting out a BR. If i were the owner I would be a little leery about the tenant possibly putting cameras in the guests BR or bathroom or even possibly abusing the guest. Seems like a big risk as a homeowner.
It specifically states in my lease that a tenant may not sublease. I would evict any tenant immediately that broke the lease.

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-07-2019, 08:58 PM
tophcfa tophcfa is offline
Veteran member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: The Berkshires of Western Massachusetts and the Villages
Posts: 674
Default

I would be very concerned if I was the homeowner. The tenant is subletting without your permission. As the homeowner you are liable if something happens and the Airbnb renter sues, not your tenant. Furthermore, if your tenant is running an Airbnb renting a room WHILE LIVING in your home, they are running a home business which violates your deed restriction. As the homeowner, it is your responsibility to have your home in compliance with deed restrictions. Your tenant is not putting you in a good position at all!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-07-2019, 09:07 PM
CWGUY's Avatar
CWGUY CWGUY is offline
Platinum member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,978
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
I would be very concerned if I was the homeowner. The tenant is subletting without your permission. As the homeowner you are liable if something happens and the Airbnb renter sues, not your tenant. Furthermore, if your tenant is running an Airbnb renting a room WHILE LIVING in your home, they are running a home business which violates your deed restriction. As the homeowner, it is your responsibility to have your home in compliance with deed restrictions. Your tenant is not putting you in a good position at all!
Have you ever looked at Airbnb in the Villages? and - That would be a possible "Internal deed restriction" vs an "External deed restriction."
__________________
__________________________________________________
Trying To Understand Some People Is Like Trying To Smell The Color 9
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-07-2019, 09:38 PM
tophcfa tophcfa is offline
Veteran member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: The Berkshires of Western Massachusetts and the Villages
Posts: 674
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWGUY View Post
Have you ever looked at Airbnb in the Villages? and - That would be a possible "Internal deed restriction" vs an "External deed restriction."
Yes, check out the thread titled "Airbnb, good or bad?"
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-07-2019, 10:15 PM
CWGUY's Avatar
CWGUY CWGUY is offline
Platinum member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,978
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
Yes, check out the thread titled "Airbnb, good or bad?"
I have and agree with you (post#1). - I also have one near me and don't care for it.
__________________
__________________________________________________
Trying To Understand Some People Is Like Trying To Smell The Color 9
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-08-2019, 08:28 AM
mulligan mulligan is offline
Sage
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 2,581
Default

The biggest mistake this developer has made is not restricting against rentals in any form in the deed restrictions. Renters do NOTHING to enhance the value real or perceived of the real estate in the villages.
__________________
........American by birth....Union by choice
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-08-2019, 09:39 AM
retiredguy123 retiredguy123 is offline
Platinum member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 1,660
Default

There are currently 139 houses and 79 private rooms available for rent the week of Feb 18 listed on airbnb in The Villages.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
tenant, airbnb, possibly, homeowner, guests

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:41 PM.