Aldi coming to Trailwinds Village

Closed Thread
Old 10-01-2016, 06:38 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Aldi's is a great store. First shopped them while living and working in Europe and was over the moon to see them come here. Glad to see they are building a brand new store and hope it will be much bigger than the one on 441. I love their European foods, especially the seasonal food at Christmas.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 10-01-2016, 08:14 AM
Sage

I have only shopped at the Aldi's in Leesburg. It takes shopping at four stores to fulfill the grocery list; first, Aldi's, then Wal*Mart, then Publix (all in one day) not to mention regular trips to Sam's Club for meats and supplies. It wears one out. We were in Budapest for five days and made three trips to Aldi's for cheap, but good, wine and snacks.
Old 10-01-2016, 10:49 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carla B View Post
I have only shopped at the Aldi's in Leesburg. It takes shopping at four stores to fulfill the grocery list; first, Aldi's, then Wal*Mart, then Publix (all in one day) not to mention regular trips to Sam's Club for meats and supplies. It wears one out. We were in Budapest for five days and made three trips to Aldi's for cheap, but good, wine and snacks.
Sorry - straying way off original subject. Budapest, what a wonderful city, full of young people and music and life, what a difference from the occupation!

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 10-01-2016, 12:12 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,318 Times in 384 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kup Kake View Post
I don't know where you're coming from, but nothing could be farther from the truth. You are completely either misinformed or wrong (or both) with your comment.

I have been al Aldi's customer for a number of years in two separate cities and the items are fresh, the store is clean and the employees accommodating.
With all this outpouring of love I must be going to the wrong Aldis. Most i have been to are in "sketchier" areas. The produce looks rotten...the groceries are all off brand...and the frozen selection is nothing i cant buy elsewhere. I wouldnt even try the meats..really questionable.

Perhaps Aldi structures their stores to the community. But, lets face it, some people will always be too "thrifty" no matter how well off they are.
Old 10-01-2016, 09:03 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
....It takes shopping at four stores to fulfill the grocery list; first, Aldi's, then Wal*Mart, then Publix (all in one day) not to mention regular trips to Sam's Club for meats and supplies. It wears one out....
Well that just sounds like a blast.
Old 10-01-2016, 09:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post
With all this outpouring of love I must be going to the wrong Aldis. Most i have been to are in "sketchier" areas. The produce looks rotten...the groceries are all off brand...and the frozen selection is nothing i cant buy elsewhere. I wouldnt even try the meats..really questionable.

Perhaps Aldi structures their stores to the community. But, lets face it, some people will always be too "thrifty" no matter how well off they are.
That is probably how they got to be "well off".

Rich people spend like they're poor.
Poor people spend like they're rich.
Old 10-02-2016, 05:32 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Glad to see I'm not the only one who multiple shops stores. I start at PApa Joes for meat, then whole foods, Trader Joe's, Sam's Club, Costco. In that order it doesn't take me that long since I know exactly what I want from each store. My massage therapist is right around the corner from the last store. Makes a great day. I love to grocery shop problem is I hate to put it away.
Old 10-02-2016, 06:00 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
Glad to see I'm not the only one who multiple shops stores. I start at PApa Joes for meat, then whole foods, Trader Joe's, Sam's Club, Costco. In that order it doesn't take me that long since I know exactly what I want from each store. My massage therapist is right around the corner from the last store. Makes a great day. I love to grocery shop problem is I hate to put it away.
If you are married, then that's what they make spouses for. I have the best hubby to put away stuff!
Old 10-02-2016, 06:22 AM
Sage

I don't shop at Aldi's because there isn't one close to me.

However, if there were, I would shop there.

These are the reasons why.

25 Reasons to Buy Real Food at ALDI
Old 10-02-2016, 08:59 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Here's a thought. Have continental breakfast and a light lunch of sandwich/salad at home, and go out for light supper for $25 for two somewhere around the town squares or TV country clubs.

It's cheaper, and less calories with a finite portion at a restaurant, instead of a tempting whole pan of pasta, roasted meat etc made at home.
Old 10-02-2016, 10:11 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,318 Times in 384 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
That is probably how they got to be "well off".

Rich people spend like they're poor.
Poor people spend like they're rich.
You dont get well off by saving a few scheckles on canned beans. You get well off by having a good career or business and investing well.

I realize there may be a need by some to save as much as possible on groceries but considering that the majority of homes in TV are just a couple and they are not feeding ravenous teens, i find it ridiculous to drive to multiple stores for a day to save some pennies.
Old 10-02-2016, 10:29 AM
Gold member

Quote:
You dont get well off by saving a few scheckles on canned beans. You get well off by having a good career or business and investing well.

I realize there may be a need by some to save as much as possible on groceries but considering that the majority of homes in TV are just a couple and they are not feeding ravenous teens, i find it ridiculous to drive to multiple stores for a day to save some pennies.
its the thrill of the "hunt" for me.
Old 10-02-2016, 10:56 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:

Every day when we wake up, we make choices. We choose if we want to be nice or a jerk. We choose whether we want to spend foolishly or save wisely. A few cents now and then adds up. At the end of the day My dad put all of his coins in coffee cans. I can't even believe how much was in those cons when he died. My parents raised us to live within our means or comfortably below our means. We don't eat moldy food. We eat fresh vegetables and fruit at a lower price.
Old 10-02-2016, 11:50 AM
Sage

Quote:

You are just not going to let this go are you?

What does it matter to you if people chose to shop in various shops for various items ................ It's got nothing to do with saving pennies here there and everywhere, it's how people chose to live their lives.

Old 10-02-2016, 12:09 PM
Sage

Well, we would buy more food at Aldi if our store looked like the one in Angie Fox's post. Unfortunately, the Aldi closest to us across MLK from WalMart (Leesburg) only has certain items we buy and we've had less than good luck there with the produce. I hope the new one will offer more variety.

As far as eating out being cheaper, if you only spent $25 for dinner for two as Goodtimes suggested, it might be cheaper and a whole lot less work and cleanup. And I don't really like to cook that much, but we really like the food that results from my cooking and anybody else's home cooking, for that matter. Plus, my husband is a great chopper and dishwasher.
Closed Thread

Tags
aldi, village, trailwinds, store, located

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.