Aldi Grand Opening

Closed Thread
Old 05-06-2018, 06:34 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,254 Times in 425 Posts

The other day I shopped at the new Aldi's. I bought a steak and the fixings for a salad among other things. I had both for my Sunday dinner and it was excellent! Personally it's no big deal for me to keep a quarter in my car, bring my reusable shopping bags with me and walk that enormous 75 feet to return the cart and get my quarter back. I kinda like to save money, but that's me. Do people really spend 20-30 $$$ for lunch?
Old 05-06-2018, 06:40 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Englander View Post
Do people really spend 20-30 $$$ for lunch?
some do
and it may be that most do
Old 05-06-2018, 06:46 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Do people really spend 20-30 $$$ for lunch?
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwed View Post
some do and it may be that most do
I rarely spend that amount on lunch, as usually I'm dining...with at least one other person besides myself.

Old 05-07-2018, 09:11 AM
Veteran member

Even the Department Stores in Germany charge for Plastic Bags. Save the enviroment. First thing we do when we go is put our plastic bags in the trunk. You don't get free bags at Sams, BJS, IKEA usw.
Old 05-07-2018, 10:35 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Just back from shopping the new Trailwinds Aldi's and very impressed. Great layout with huge selection of items. Will be difficult to decide whether to go back to 441 or take a great drive through TV to shop at this Aldi's. Oh my, decisions decisions!

One thing stood out to my otherhalf - much bigger than usual parking spaces so you can actually pull your cart down between the cars to unload. I always have a freezer box in the back of the car and it was very convenient to move from the cart to the car. They don't have that in Europe

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 05-07-2018, 10:38 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
Just back from shopping the new Trailwinds Aldi's and very impressed. Great layout with huge selection of items. Will be difficult to decide whether to go back to 441 or take a great drive through TV to shop at this Aldi's. Oh my, decisions decisions!

One thing stood out to my otherhalf - much bigger than usual parking spaces so you can actually pull your cart down between the cars to unload. I always have a freezer box in the back of the car and it was very convenient to move from the cart to the car. They don't have that in Europe
Madeleine, you might not have to make that decision. I read that they are remodeling the 441 Aldi's.
Old 05-07-2018, 10:45 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwed View Post
Does anyone remember what a gallon of milk costs in each store?
Yes I do - Aldi's milk this morning is $2.49 per gallon. Publix milk is or was (last week) $3.79.

I buy staples - milk, eggs, butter, cream, along with other weekly items and almost everything is at least $1 cheaper than Publix. I really like Publix and shop there for brand names I want, but if I can save a dollar an item on things I buy every week I am going to shop Aldi's.

But, why are we arguing over shopping for groceries, we have numerous stores to shop and we are extremely fortunate to have so many choices. TO EACH THEIR OWN!

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 05-07-2018, 11:12 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post

Good to hear, because that is one thing...that is a huge pet peeve of mine.

In fact, I think Sam's Club is probably one of the the worst...for trying to get a cart between vehicles.
Old 05-07-2018, 11:24 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
Madeleine, you might not have to make that decision. I read that they are remodeling the 441 Aldi's.
Yes they are, should be open again in May, but the new one at Trailwinds is absolutely gorgeous. You are going to love it when you get back.

Old 05-10-2018, 09:03 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,347 Times in 735 Posts

Made 75 cents on my last trip to Aldi returning carts. This could be my new part time job!
Old 05-11-2018, 07:56 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Good News to real sub lovers! I spoke to Randy the manager of Jersey's Mike's in Lady Lake yesterday and he said they are definitely going into the rental building under construction between Aldi's and ABC Liquor. Unfortunately Randy the manager, who was going to operate the new location, after five years is leaving the Lady Lake JM's and moving to Melbourne, Florida to be near family. Just so happens the manager of the Melbourne Jersey Mike's wants to move to this area and so Randy and that manager are switching places June 1st. Good Luck to Randy!

The Villages Florida
Old 05-11-2018, 08:22 AM
Sage

An ABC store next to a Jersey sub shop next to Aldi's, all a mile away. Forgive me, I'm getting verklempt.
Closed Thread

Tags
aldis, area, addition, luck, north

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.