All the gates being knocked down........

Closed Thread
Old 06-01-2020, 06:43 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongel View Post
Vandalism or just taken down? I know people caught the virus at gas pumps, perhaps it spreads on the button?
Don’t use your finger.
Old 06-01-2020, 06:49 AM

F u n n y
Old 06-01-2020, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coconutmama View Post
Tailgating a car in front certainly happens, but is it because they are trying to sneak in without a pass? Trying to save a few seconds? Or is it because it is confusing to new folks & visitors which gate will close after each vehicle, versus gates that stay open for multiple cars? An example are the gates on Morse heading out of the Spanish Springs area across 466. Those gates going south stay up for more than one car to alleviate the traffic there
You don’t need a pass to get in. Hit the button.
Old 06-01-2020, 06:55 AM

There is always alternatives with a problem in the solution departments, I always say a minimum of three. IMO, the gate problems need:
Man at every single gate that actually have security for the residents as number one-
For example a central server that is rigged to every gate for actual emergencies that allows an operator to rise and hold all gates in a FEMA emergency
2) the persons at the gates, takes down and enters all non residents purpose and house they are going to and length of stay Or work order or list of approved vendors for lawn care
3) add resident stickers On carts, a barcode, and barcode reader at gate that is registered into the system at every check point for when the need arises. And of course a person is there if they don’t have one whom is ready to take your information if you are not a resident.
The residents security should be number one concern.
These “people” will eventually get a clue and stop the non sense that has been occurring at the gates. Yes it will slow traffic but so be it. Cost and security can be leveled out.
Old 06-01-2020, 07:01 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrazorbackfan View Post
What the heck is going on? Has the fear of Covid-19 numbed some brains to the point of no common sense?

With work, I've been out on the roads as always; it just seems like an above average amount of gates being pillaged.
I have a suggestion for whomever is responsible for maintaining and replacing gates. PUT ON SOME DECENT REFLECTORS. I am a multi-year resident so I know where the gates are, but at night, I frequently cannot see them until I am right on top of them. There is far better reflective material out there than that being used on the gates.
Old 06-01-2020, 07:02 AM

I just thought the really bad driving was because people stayed home do long they forgot how to drive. Do we know what a turn signal is, then use it please. A stop sign? It has been really bad this week.
Old 06-01-2020, 07:06 AM

With all the people in The Villages that grew up in the 60's. There is a concern that the current protest would cause flashbacks. So, the gates were taken down as a precaution.
Old 06-01-2020, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrazorbackfan View Post
What the heck is going on? Has the fear of Covid-19 numbed some brains to the point of no common sense?

With work, I've been out on the roads as always; it just seems like an above average amount of gates being pillaged.
How bout dem Hogs! Class of 77. I was noticing the same thing with the gates.
Old 06-01-2020, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SacDQ View Post
There is no known cure for stupid.
I'm a Vietnam vet, I can fix stupid, it's just going to hurt
Old 06-01-2020, 09:12 AM
Veteran member
Default speed bumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
Two or three speed ramps/humps at exits in place of gates would be better and cheaper.
.....and if you say they hurt your back, you are travelling too fast!
I lived in Montgomery County, Maryland and the speed bumps were EVERYWHERE. Yes, they hurt your back and they also ruin your car. You have to stop and barely roll over them and it's still a jolt. You don't want them here.
Old 06-01-2020, 09:12 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,919 Times in 1,109 Posts
Default Gates

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17362 View Post
There is always alternatives with a problem in the solution departments, I always say a minimum of three. IMO, the gate problems need:
Man at every single gate that actually have security for the residents as number one-
For example a central server that is rigged to every gate for actual emergencies that allows an operator to rise and hold all gates in a FEMA emergency
2) the persons at the gates, takes down and enters all non residents purpose and house they are going to and length of stay Or work order or list of approved vendors for lawn care
3) add resident stickers On carts, a barcode, and barcode reader at gate that is registered into the system at every check point for when the need arises. And of course a person is there if they don’t have one whom is ready to take your information if you are not a resident.
These “people” will eventually get a clue and stop the non sense that has been occurring at the gates. Yes it will slow traffic but so be it. Cost and security can be leveled out.
you want traffic lines stretching at some gates only god knows how long , instead of an aluminum gate that goes down occasionally, I also drive a lot around here and I don’t see why you think we need drastic measures, most times the neighborhood watch guys are able to put it back up . Another case of seeing a small problem and solving it with even a bigger one
Old 06-01-2020, 11:47 AM
Soaring Eagle member

All of the above! Golf carts need to be identifiable.
Old 06-01-2020, 11:58 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,354 Times in 2,392 Posts

Quote:
The gates are not for security but for traffic control.

Adding manpower....are you willing to pay?
Writing down everybody would create a nightmare, don't ya think?
Adding bar code & readers.....are you willing to pay"?
What is the non sense you refer to, broken gates or something else?
Old 06-01-2020, 02:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by davem4616 View Post
the gates were pretty safe for awhile when everyone was staying home.....now it's open season on them again

it just baffles my mind how anyone could knock a gate down

I understand that there's about 6 or 7 cameras at each gate...so they know who you are, and the fine is something like
$250

so do they try to sneak in by tailgating the car in front of them, do they just not wait for the bar to rise high enough, do they forget that the bar doesn't automatically go up when you're coming in like it does upon exiting? or are they just drunks?
I just call them ,'snow birds'
Old 06-01-2020, 04:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Since all the roads belong to the County and the County isn't interested in making this a gated community your suggestions should be taken to them. The gates are provided for our safety, but not our security. I would be in favor of a golf cart registration for identifiction.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Closed Thread

Tags
gates, roads, always;, average, amount

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.