All the gates being knocked down........

Closed Thread
Old 06-01-2020, 06:17 PM

Not much common sense in America anymore
Old 06-01-2020, 06:19 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by davem4616 View Post
the gates were pretty safe for awhile when everyone was staying home.....now it's open season on them again

it just baffles my mind how anyone could knock a gate down

I understand that there's about 6 or 7 cameras at each gate...so they know who you are, and the fine is something like
$250

so do they try to sneak in by tailgating the car in front of them, do they just not wait for the bar to rise high enough, do they forget that the bar doesn't automatically go up when you're coming in like it does upon exiting? or are they just drunks?
Yes, yes and yes.

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you're being treated for Shingles
Old 06-01-2020, 07:17 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by davem4616 View Post
the gates were pretty safe for awhile when everyone was staying home.....now it's open season on them again

it just baffles my mind how anyone could knock a gate down

I understand that there's about 6 or 7 cameras at each gate...so they know who you are, and the fine is something like
$250

so do they try to sneak in by tailgating the car in front of them, do they just not wait for the bar to rise high enough, do they forget that the bar doesn't automatically go up when you're coming in like it does upon exiting? or are they just drunks?
Wrong 2 cameras each gate they get the plate number. There is a central location that monitors the gates.

The local police do get involved when requested.

I believe The Villages has a very high % rate on nailing the individuals.

Bottom line Slow Down, or else. Learn the Easy Way...….. or The Hard Way.
Old 06-01-2020, 08:23 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonrich View Post
No excuse for hitting a gate, but when they are replaced, change the profile of the gate from a round tube to a flat wider gate. Easier to see.
Put nails in them
Old 06-02-2020, 09:39 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,919 Times in 1,109 Posts

I don’t understand statement from Vietnam vet what has Vietnam got to do with gate or fixing stupid of course when you use the word Vietnam so many times in a day as many do you can’t help yourself and before anyone gets all riled up . I’m a multi toured Vietnam combat vet that if I ever talk about it at all
I tell some funny story . . I have no hat, no vest and I didn’t need a parade
Old 06-02-2020, 10:31 AM

Stupid is stupid. Watched a lady at an entrance with no gate hold out her card for the gate to open. I think she might still be there
Old 06-03-2020, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieo1126@gmail.com View Post
How about a scarlet letter on there forehead ?? That should fit there despicable crime
How about just replacing them with a speed bump, the gates do nothing to keep people out.
Old 06-28-2020, 08:11 AM
Default Gates and golf carts

Twice this week I was "honked at" and almost hit by cars in my golf cart at gates where I was stopped between lanes, waited for a car to pass and then went to cross. In both cases the following car flashed their pass before the gate closed and the gate stopped and opened. Is this the way they all are and I'm having a "senior moment"? I agree the the car has the right of way, right or wrong but if there is no pause between cars the chances of getting hit by a car goes up greatly. Is this a response to the gates getting knocked down?
Old 06-28-2020, 08:16 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,463 Times in 3,089 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17362 View Post
There is always alternatives with a problem in the solution departments, I always say a minimum of three. IMO, the gate problems need:
Man at every single gate that actually have security for the residents as number one-
For example a central server that is rigged to every gate for actual emergencies that allows an operator to rise and hold all gates in a FEMA emergency
2) the persons at the gates, takes down and enters all non residents purpose and house they are going to and length of stay Or work order or list of approved vendors for lawn care
3) add resident stickers On carts, a barcode, and barcode reader at gate that is registered into the system at every check point for when the need arises. And of course a person is there if they don’t have one whom is ready to take your information if you are not a resident.
The residents security should be number one concern.
These “people” will eventually get a clue and stop the non sense that has been occurring at the gates. Yes it will slow traffic but so be it. Cost and security can be leveled out.
The gates are NOT for security. I don't know how many times this can be emphasized before people get it. It was clear to us the very first time we came to visit years ago, before we even decided to move here.

The gates are to slow down traffic and offer a margin of safety for golf carts to cross the road at those intersections.

They don't need security guards. The gate people are customer service reps, not security guards.
Old 06-28-2020, 08:27 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,022 Times in 5,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieo1126@gmail.com View Post
How about a scarlet letter on there forehead ?? That should fit there despicable crime
Or better yet a tattoo of a gate on their far head
Old 06-28-2020, 12:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
or women drivers?
The men who have their knee outside the cart knocks them down. Their stomach gets in the way To break effectively
Old 06-28-2020, 01:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
The gates are NOT for security. I don't know how many times this can be emphasized before people get it. It was clear to us the very first time we came to visit years ago, before we even decided to move here.

The gates are to slow down traffic and offer a margin of safety for golf carts to cross the road at those intersections.

They don't need security guards. The gate people are customer service reps, not security guards.
Also for bikers, joggers and walkers.....all that use the MMP.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 06-29-2020, 09:48 AM
John41

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrazorbackfan View Post
What the heck is going on? Has the fear of Covid-19 numbed some brains to the point of no common sense?

With work, I've been out on the roads as always; it just seems like an above average amount of gates being pillaged.
the gates need to be made more visible, preferably blinking red lights.
Old 06-29-2020, 10:09 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,883 Times in 2,429 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrazorbackfan View Post
What the heck is going on? Has the fear of Covid-19 numbed some brains to the point of no common sense?

With work, I've been out on the roads as always; it just seems like an above average amount of gates being pillaged.
Drunks and drug addicts. One can’t see the gates and the other in too big of hurry.
Old 06-29-2020, 10:11 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,883 Times in 2,429 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John41 View Post
the gates need to be made more visible, preferably blinking red lights.
So the long line of bright reflective tape that shines line diamond in a —— —-? Not enough?
Closed Thread

Tags
gates, roads, always;, average, amount

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.