For all of our science loving friends…..

Closed Thread
Old 05-14-2021, 07:23 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

what-gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by Becca9800 View Post
And you'd be wrong. You do realize there are as many scientists warning against the vaccine as there are those promoting the vaccine. Right? Sooooo.... there is a yours and my science, depending on which scientist you tend to lean toward.
all I can say is:
Old 05-14-2021, 07:23 PM

Without science there would not be the vaccine that now allows us to safely not wear masks under most conditions. If everyone would get vaccinated we could end this thing.
Old 05-14-2021, 09:48 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucco View Post
Already responded in post 123, but while you are here...

“They’re tying their political allegiance to the political right, unfortunately. And we’re seeing this play out in the bottom ten states in terms of vaccination coverage,” said Dr. Peter Hotez
Polls show that more than 40% of Republicans are not planning to get vaccinated."

Political ideology is real reason people remain unvaccinated, says Dr. Peter Hotez
US COVID-19 Vaccine Progress Tracker | Vaccinations by State | USAFacts
Old 05-15-2021, 06:45 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,244 Times in 707 Posts

Great link, but still not enough folks been vaccinated
Old 05-15-2021, 09:14 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,319 Times in 501 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherylncliff View Post
Without science there would not be the vaccine that now allows us to safely not wear masks under most conditions. If everyone would get vaccinated we could end this thing.

Not that I disagree, BUT you do know that "everyone" does not get the Flu shot every year and we do not wear masks. As a matter of fact, I can't remember any time in my lifetime where I was required to wear a mask anywhere other than into the operating room. And I have been to and lived in many other countries. The ONLY reason so many folks have been wearing masks in public has been due to our gov insistence.
Old 05-15-2021, 10:15 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDLNB View Post
Not that I disagree, BUT you do know that "everyone" does not get the Flu shot every year and we do not wear masks. As a matter of fact, I can't remember any time in my lifetime where I was required to wear a mask anywhere other than into the operating room. And I have been to and lived in many other countries. The ONLY reason so many folks have been wearing masks in public has been due to our gov insistence.
Reverse isolation rooms, respiratory and contact precaution rooms, the ER when seeing a case of suspected meningococcemia. But yeah, I agree with you in general.
Old 05-15-2021, 11:58 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
Reverse isolation rooms, respiratory and contact precaution rooms, the ER when seeing a case of suspected meningococcemia. But yeah, I agree with you in general.
I bow to your expertise and respect your knowledge.

I think the "rub" has been that this virus was new and we witnessed people dying so much and so fast in China and then Italy at first that our fact people could not make valid assessments. Bodies were lying at the curb!!!

I think it was better to err on the side of safety. I think it will take years to completely assess how it spreads exactly and what it does to our bodies besides kill us.

I followed the rules and found a lot to do at home and became very aware of some of my thoughts during this time. We survived and some of us did it without a lot of angst. I guess it depends if you are a wiggle worm or a sitter.

Glad to be alive and see so many people alive around me.
Old 05-15-2021, 12:35 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulfcoast View Post
They sound like Experts on BS to me.
Really????

Have you ever been there?
Do you know any of the physicians who run it?

Don't bother, we all know the answer already.
On the other hand, I can personally vouch for the quality and expertise of 3 of them (although 2 may be retired).

So who's spouting BS now?????
Don't throw mud on people and an organization that you know virtually nothing about.
Old 05-15-2021, 12:46 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Really????

Have you ever been there?
Do you know any of the physicians who run it?

Don't bother, we all know the answer already.
On the other hand, I can personally vouch for the quality and expertise of 3 of them (although 2 may be retired).

So who's spouting BS now?????
Don't throw mud on people and an organization that you know virtually nothing about.
We have all been treated to the CDC's recommendations all year long. We have all had our lives impacted by their rulings. I don't have to know any of those individuals personally to have my own opinion about their advice.

The homemade cloth masks, the random shut downs, school closings, etc.

It's been like watching a mad scientist play with his human guinea pigs. We now have a vaccine - Experiment Over. Time to drop this nonsense and get on with life. Nobody gets a gold star for getting a vaccine. The ones who deserve the praise are the workers who got out there and kept the world running throughout this pandemic. Those are the unsung heroes that we should all be thanking.
Old 05-15-2021, 12:49 PM
Veteran member

Also, I think it's worth mentioning that when things were at the scariest, it was private corporations keeping this country running while government offices were all shut down. Something to think about.
Old 05-15-2021, 01:00 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulfcoast View Post
Also, I think it's worth mentioning that when things were at the scariest, it was private corporations keeping this country running while government offices were all shut down. Something to think about.
Government shut them down. Corporations, seen as private had options...slow down, etc.
Old 05-15-2021, 01:06 PM
Sage

Quote:
Attachment 89486

all I can say is:
Wish you had said it.....such headaches it would have save me
Old 05-15-2021, 01:16 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Government shut them down. Corporations, seen as private had options...slow down, etc.
Publix, Walmart, Target, Amazon and the fast food restaurants were doing a booming business, as were enterprising delivery services. My own kids were getting OT at their jobs. They also got thanked by their companies and wound up getting a nice Covid pay bonus for working during the pandemic.

We sometimes forget how those worker bees kept more vulnerable people safe for most of the year and that was well before a vaccine ever came along. They wore masks, kept their workplaces sanitized, followed Covid protocol and provided much needed services to their communities.

I think it's good to recognize what these workers did for all of us.
Old 05-15-2021, 01:18 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
MUCH appreciated,,,,the bash our own government and our own experts is wearing thin, especially when you look at data and facts.
I am glad that I live in the state of Florida. We are blessed.
Old 05-15-2021, 01:22 PM

Maybe a number tattooed on everyone's arm. I think that method was used in the past to identify people.
Closed Thread

Tags
stop, cdc, settings, distancing, physical

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.