For ALL of Us Who Drive....

Closed Thread
Old 10-18-2012, 12:05 PM
Sage
Default For ALL of Us Who Drive....

I was reading through another thread about "distracted" folks when I decided to start this one as a reminder to us, who've lived here awhile AND to all the new Villagers.

Was going up Odell the other day when I observed a woman in a golf-cart make a left-hand turn into the Hadley mailbox/pool area from the diamond lane. This is a no-no!
You would signal your intent beginning in the diamond lane then ease out into the car-traffic lane continuing to signal. I've head of accidents happening with folks not adhering to this. I've also noticed that traffic definately is heavier now that the snow-birds are returning. Just think of when the renters come in January. We ALL need to be cautious when we drive, whether it's in our cars or golf-carts!!
Old 10-18-2012, 02:43 PM
Sage

A defensive driving class says, "always be prepared for the unexpected".

Also fiddling with the radio, eating and putting on make-up is considered distracted driving.

BTW - Being a guy, I don't put on make-up.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 10-18-2012, 02:53 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BNTV View Post
A defensive driving class says, "always be prepared for the unexpected".

Also fiddling with the radio, eating and putting on make-up is considered distracted driving.

BTW - Being a guy, I don't put on make-up.
That would probably distract me.....seeing you putting make up on

But to be serious...thanks to the OP for the reminder.
Old 10-18-2012, 07:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotGolfer View Post
...Was going up Odell the other day when I observed a woman in a golf-cart make a left-hand turn into the Hadley mailbox/pool area from the diamond lane. This is a no-no!...
A couple of months ago I was headed up St. Charles toward Cane Garden and a woman in a cart did the exact same thing about 50' in front of my car to turn into Buttonwood Run. I was going about 35 so I had to slam on my brakes and I laid on my horn. That's not cool. Once you've been here awhile you'll see just about everything.
Old 10-18-2012, 07:51 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Was in my golf cart and had to slam on my brakes for a car. The driver didn't seem to understand that the one time a golf cart has the right of way is when the cart is going straight and the car is turning. The car should wait for the cart to go past, then turn. Frequently, the cart is at an angle that cannot see the car's turn signals.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 10-18-2012, 08:30 PM
Platinum member

Tonight on our way to a restaurant, we were driving across the Sumter Landing bridge. In the cart path lanes was a Smart car. It was just funny to watch. The renters have arrived, be careful out there.
Old 10-18-2012, 08:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

We use the golf cart for about 90% of our transportation. One day I was driving my car down Rio Grande toward Morse. When I made the left onto Morse I went all the way over into the golf cart lane. Habits develop quickly and die hard.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 10-19-2012, 09:23 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by golf2140 View Post
Tonight on our way to a restaurant, we were driving across the Sumter Landing bridge. In the cart path lanes was a Smart car. It was just funny to watch. The renters have arrived, be careful out there.
Must be the same guy that parked his Smart car with 2 golf carts in the parralel spot at LSL.

The car was no longer than a golf cart and was pretty funny to see.
Old 10-19-2012, 09:41 AM
Gold member

Hubby was driving Buena Vista to 466 in heavy rain. Low and behold, a car approached him, going the wrong way - south in the north bound lane.
Old 10-19-2012, 11:53 AM
Email Reported As Spam

After driving around in a golf cart, I think we all probably have a better feel for what motorcyclists have always had to deal with. Drive defensively!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.