Old 01-24-2020, 08:52 AM
Send a message via AIM to newgirl

I was told 5 ft easement?
Old 01-24-2020, 02:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,165 Times in 1,926 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
The legal property line runs down the middle of the adjacent houses, and there is a gate on each side of your house. You have access to only one gate, but part of your property is only accessible by using your next door neighbor's gate and vice versa. You have the responsibilty to maintain all property inside your gate, except the house, even though about 5 feet of land inside your gate is actually owned by one of your next door neighbors. You also are responsible to provide access, as needed, by your next door neighbor, to maintain their house, for painting, pest control, etc. This is a little easier to understand when looking at the property plats.
Thank you.
Old 01-24-2020, 03:09 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by newgirl View Post
I was told 5 ft easement?
Check the survey you probably paid for before your closing. Found mine with all the closing paper work.
Old 01-24-2020, 04:04 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,656 Times in 938 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
I don't own a CYV but a friend of mine just purchased a pre-owned CYV in Hadley and will be closing soon on the property.

I understand your concern. So....the property that is located in your neighbor's courtyard is actually YOUR property? I don't quite understand this logic of the design of the Courtyard Villas. Can anyone shed some light on this?

I have a feeling my friend doesn't know about this "quirk" of the Courtyard Villas.
CYV are not like other properties. Property lines are to be ignored. Villas vary in size and shape and the cross the lines in various amounts. It is, at least partially, because your side yard sits behind your neighbor's front yard. It makes living in the villas make sense. This link was posted before but here it is again.

https://www.districtgov.org/departme.../CourtYard.pdf
Old 01-25-2020, 08:26 AM

we just moved in to our court villa and was told not to go out the gate .we have two . we just were her just I day not happy wont talk to him at all
Old 01-25-2020, 01:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianherlihy View Post
we just moved in to our court villa and was told not to go out the gate .we have two . we just were her just I day not happy wont talk to him at all
???
Old 01-25-2020, 01:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
???
I don't get it either, but it's not the first time someone mentioned having two gates in their CYV. About a month ago someone posted about it. I can't picture where the second gate would be or what it's used for.

Maybe the neighbor put a gate in the white fence so they could access that side of their house?
Old 01-25-2020, 01:47 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
I don't get it either, but it's not the first time someone mentioned having two gates in their CYV. About a month ago someone posted about it. I can't picture where the second gate would be or what it's used for.

Maybe the neighbor put a gate in the white fence so they could access that side of their house?
I have two gates. Live in an end unit and only have another unit on 1 side of me. We have property on all 4 sides. We also have windows on all 4 sides and a bathroom window. Bedrooms each have windows on two different walls for cross ventilation.
Old 01-25-2020, 02:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWGUY View Post
I have two gates. Live in an end unit and only have another unit on 1 side of me. We have property on all 4 sides. We also have windows on all 4 sides and a bathroom window. Bedrooms each have windows on two different walls for cross ventilation.
That's nice, but I still don't understand why the poster was told not to go out one of her two gates.
Old 01-25-2020, 02:50 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
That's nice, but I still don't understand why the poster was told not to go out one of her two gates.
I don't understand either. Only thing I can think of is they live next door to the neighbor from hell and he doesn't want them going past his spare room window. If it were me.... that gate would be slamming nonstop.
Old 01-25-2020, 02:54 PM
Sage

///
Old 01-25-2020, 04:59 PM

Ask your neighbors to ask their pesticide company if their chemicals used are pet friendly/non toxic to pets.
Old 01-25-2020, 08:17 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,656 Times in 938 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianherlihy View Post
Some of us are having trouble understanding what you are saying.

Who told you not to go out the gate? You certainly have every right to do so. You will be walking on your neighbor's driveway, like all CYV residents do.

Who will you not talk to? If it is your neighbor, well, that's a shame.
Old 01-28-2020, 07:09 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marathon Man View Post
Some of us are having trouble understanding what you are saying.

Who told you not to go out the gate? You certainly have every right to do so. You will be walking on your neighbor's driveway, like all CYV residents do.

Who will you not talk to? If it is your neighbor, well, that's a shame.
I would imagine having a fenced yard for a pet outweighs the inconveniences that CYV living imposes on their residents. I don't know if I would like my neighbor walking on my driveway at will.
Old 01-28-2020, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
I would imagine having a fenced yard for a pet outweighs the inconveniences that CYV living imposes on their residents. I don't know if I would like my neighbor walking on my driveway at will.
I just bought a CYV and am in the process of moving in. I don't see many reasons why I would use my gate. To get things in and out of the yard yes, but that wouldn't be often. I don't see many other reasons to use the gate since I have no grass in my CYV. I don't have an issue with someone going in their own yard even if they have to traverse a small portion of my driveway. Everyone knows that when they buy. Even if your not told that outright, common sense tells you that the only way in the gate is by walking on part of the neighbors driveway. And yes my small dog will love the small fenced yard.. Also I love the low maintenance feature of a CYV and my location. I would think the main reasons that people buy them.
Closed Thread

Tags
courtyard, subject, access, property, chemicals

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.