Allowing access to your “courtyard” villa

Closed Thread
Old 01-28-2020, 08:06 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolyg View Post
I just bought a CYV and am in the process of moving in. I don't see many reasons why I would use my gate. To get things in and out of the yard yes, but that wouldn't be often. I don't see many other reasons to use the gate since I have no grass in my CYV. I don't have an issue with someone going in their own yard even if they have to traverse a small portion of my driveway. Everyone knows that when they buy. Even if your not told that outright, common sense tells you that the only way in the gate is by walking on part of the neighbors driveway. And yes my small dog will love the small fenced yard.. Also I love the low maintenance feature of a CYV and my location. I would think the main reasons that people buy them.
Someone who understands!

BEST 1st. post I've read in a long time!
Old 01-28-2020, 09:11 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolyg View Post
I just bought a CYV and am in the process of moving in. I don't see many reasons why I would use my gate. To get things in and out of the yard yes, but that wouldn't be often. I don't see many other reasons to use the gate since I have no grass in my CYV. I don't have an issue with someone going in their own yard even if they have to traverse a small portion of my driveway. Everyone knows that when they buy. Even if your not told that outright, common sense tells you that the only way in the gate is by walking on part of the neighbors driveway. And yes my small dog will love the small fenced yard.. Also I love the low maintenance feature of a CYV and my location. I would think the main reasons that people buy them.
I have a small 2BR CYV that is 9 years old. I only open my gate about 3 times a year. As you see that hedge, which started out small holly bushes, need to be trimmed about 3 times a year and then I fill up the brown paper bags and move them to the driveway for pickup. My neighbor did ask once a couple of months ago to let the exterminator in my backyard to treat his home for termites. So the gate has been open about 4 times in the past 12 months. Otherwise I keep a lock on the gate as do most of my neighbors. I almost forgot, I did power-wash the patio a few months ago. I do that about every other year and it makes a big difference, especially around downspouts.

The Villages Florida
Old 01-28-2020, 12:46 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,845 Times in 2,404 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
I don't get it either, but it's not the first time someone mentioned having two gates in their CYV. About a month ago someone posted about it. I can't picture where the second gate would be or what it's used for.

Maybe the neighbor put a gate in the white fence so they could access that side of their house?
If you’re on corner lot and houses are on your left (facing) most time you would have two gates because there no house on the street side if you’re house in first on the block and not the last house on the block. I am the last house on my block and I have I gate cause I have house on my right. The guy at the other end of the block has two gates cause his house at the beginning with no house on his right. So, yes some have two gates. My villa 15 year old don’t know how they are designed now?
Old 01-28-2020, 03:29 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,634 Times in 928 Posts

In the first diagram, house "A" has two gates.

https://www.districtgov.org/departme.../CourtYard.pdf
Closed Thread

Tags
courtyard, subject, access, property, chemicals

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.