Allstar MVP Garage Door Systems

Closed Thread
Old 10-06-2022, 06:55 AM
Default Garage door opener

I replaced mine with a simple lighted door bell button.
$1.97 at Ace Hardware.
Works great !!
Old 10-06-2022, 07:14 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,591 Times in 5,188 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellomo View Post
I replaced mine with a simple lighted door bell button.
$1.97 at Ace Hardware.
Works great !!
I can see how that will work for opening and closing the garage door. But, what about the "stop", "lock", and "light" features? The lock feature allows you to prevent someone from using a universal remote to open the door when you are on vacation. The "stop" feature is a safety device.

I think the Linear wall console (Post No. 8) is a better way to go.
Old 10-06-2022, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laboutj View Post
Within the first month of buying our preowned home I replaced the garage door opener with a belt drive MyQ enabled one. World of difference
I just did that yesterday when I replaced my crappy broken garage door. So far loving my new opener!
Old 10-06-2022, 07:30 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by petsetc View Post
As for noise - you can easily replace the metal rollers with nylon rollers.
That may help a little, but most of the noise on my opener is from the motor and chain.
Old 10-06-2022, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieo1126@gmail.com View Post
While Ryan Ocull (352 617 0522) was fixing a broken spring in garage door , I mentioned to him that the pad needed to be replaced because it wasn’t working . I asked him how much the pad was when he finished and he said all it needed was to be cleaned no charge , that was about 7 months ago still working fine. FYI Ryan answers phone and shows up very fast when you need him
I've used Ryan before in the past & did not have a good personality experience with him. He seemed to get annoyed easily with my questions & walked away while I was still inquiring about my door. I found that to be rude. I never called him again. I don't need to be treated that way & I'm not a confrontational person. Yesterday actually had my entire door & opener replaced by ASAP. They were great! First repair guy was great (door was too bad to repair) & the installation guys were great! They are now my go-to garage company.
Old 10-06-2022, 07:37 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamsterfay View Post
I've used Ryan before in the past & did not have a good personality experience with him. He seemed to get annoyed easily with my questions & walked away while I was still inquiring about my door. I found that to be rude. I never called him again. I don't need to be treated that way & I'm not a confrontational person. Yesterday actually had my entire door & opener replaced by ASAP. They were great! First repair guy was great (door was too bad to repair) & the installation guys were great! They are now my go-to garage company.
Another option for garage repair is Scott, 352-697-0321.
Old 10-06-2022, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob S View Post
Most of us in The Villages have an MVP Allstar garage door system. My wall switch has started to malfunction. It is lit up but the up and down buttons do not work. Battery operated remotes open and close the door fine.
I thought I could purchase a new wall unit and swap it out but find that these are unavailable as this unit is discontinued.
Has anyone encountered a similar problem and found a solution? Thanks.
Yes. Purchased a 3/4 HP Craftsman (manufactured by Chamberlain) and installation service (ASAP) at Lowe's, $298 total. Quotes from area garage door companies were $700-$900.
Old 10-06-2022, 07:54 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,919 Times in 1,109 Posts

Quote:
I’m not calling anyone a liar but I do not believe this happened , many people have used Ryan and had nothing but good service for a very good price.Ryan comes out at all hours , he has helped a woman friend of mine and many of her girlfriends, always , polite , and clean looking guy.
Old 10-06-2022, 08:28 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,203 Times in 569 Posts

Quote:
Ryan has found a good specialty and is making the most of it. He came out the same day I called and did the job in a half hour. I did think $350 for springs was a bit steep, but everything around here is expensive. He did check out the whole door and adjusted the opener.
Old 10-06-2022, 08:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,919 Times in 1,109 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilyclub View Post
Ryan has found a good specialty and is making the most of it. He came out the same day I called and did the job in a half hour. I did think $350 for springs was a bit steep, but everything around here is expensive. He did check out the whole door and adjusted the opener.
well I know Ryan is good guy but unfortunately I have no idea what things cost , you see at 83 I’m still buying my jeans and T shirts at Amani and Hugo Boss , some may find that sad I find it lucky
Old 10-06-2022, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Most of us in The Villages have an MVP Allstar garage door system. My wall switch has started to malfunction. It is lit up but the up and down buttons do not work. Battery operated remotes open and close the door fine.
I thought I could purchase a new wall unit and swap it out but find that these are unavailable as this unit is discontinued.
Has anyone encountered a similar problem and found a solution? Thanks.
our opener was just as old as the wall switch, we just replaced the entire unit
Old 10-06-2022, 12:26 PM

Try a door bell button to replace up and down function.
A second button at door using spare wires from sensor allows you to shut door going out
Old 10-06-2022, 08:09 PM

unsafe site
Old 10-07-2022, 06:56 AM

Thank you very much!
Old 10-07-2022, 07:05 AM
Sage

Quote:
Thank you very much!
I would suggest doing a Google search of this online seller before placing an order. There are a lot of complaints that it is a scam website.

Post No. 8 has an alternative wall console that is made by Linear, and it is supposed to be compatible with the MVP device. Linear owns MVP.
Closed Thread

Tags
door, allstar, wall, mvp, unit

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.