Almost made it!

Closed Thread
Old 11-14-2017, 07:39 PM
Platinum member
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton
Default Almost made it!

I made it to 1002 posts. I have enjoyed the ride so far and hope my postings have been informative and helpful to many. Now, my wife almost made it out of the garage without damaging the car.

As there are so many activities to enjoy, she had many things on her mind and was in a hurry to the second activity of the day. With the garage door being a little slow today to open and the car a little fast to exit, the Honda 2017 CRV antenna mast was taken off the roof. Thank goodness it’s not going to rain for a few days as there is now a hole in the car roof.

This mishap reminds me of the time when taxiing my pietenpol I hit an old green Ford parked on the green grass next to the main runway. Before security fences were erected, this person drove onto the field to walk his dog. Even though I can’t see forward while moving on the ground, it was my fault. I destroyed my wood prop and knocked some old chrome trim of his front grill.

Let’s enjoy our time in The Villages, be safe, and forgive everyone!
Old 11-14-2017, 08:22 PM
Veteran member

Geeezz, I HATE it when that happen's. DUCK-TAPE work's well.......
Old 11-14-2017, 10:08 PM
Veteran member

And your wife is probably really P. O.'d at you for spilling the beans to the almighty TOTV public.

If my husband did that, he'd be dead meat and would never make it to 2003 posts!!!
Old 11-14-2017, 10:29 PM
Platinum member
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Robinson View Post
And your wife is probably really P. O.'d at you for spilling the beans to the almighty TOTV public.

If my husband did that, he'd be dead meat and would never make it to 2003 posts!!!
Most everyone on our street heard the noise, so it's no secret. We all live and learn by hearing other people's troubles and how they overcome them.

Do appreciate your concern but it’s not necessary in our case.
Old 11-15-2017, 06:13 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

OUCH. I truly am sorry to hear of your mishap. I am sure there is not a person who has not had some personal experience of someone in their family or themselves harming their own car and it always makes us cringe and feel bad.

I will never get out of my mind you climbing on your own roof and fixing your own shingles. You are a good person and I am glad you live here and I am really sorry about the accident.

Last edited by graciegirl; 11-15-2017 at 09:11 AM.
Old 11-15-2017, 08:55 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoplanekid View Post
I made it to 1002 posts. I have enjoyed the ride so far and hope my postings have been informative and helpful to many. Now, my wife almost made it out of the garage without damaging the car.

As there are so many activities to enjoy, she had many things on her mind and was in a hurry to the second activity of the day. With the garage door being a little slow today to open and the car a little fast to exit, the Honda 2017 CRV antenna mast was taken off the roof. Thank goodness it’s not going to rain for a few days as there is now a hole in the car roof.

This mishap reminds me of the time when taxiing my pietenpol I hit an old green Ford parked on the green grass next to the main runway. Before security fences were erected, this person drove onto the field to walk his dog. Even though I can’t see forward while moving on the ground, it was my fault. I destroyed my wood prop and knocked some old chrome trim of his front grill.

There are several folks I enjoy reading their posts. You are one of them.
Love the last sentence of this one
Old 11-15-2017, 05:00 PM
Platinum member

Quote:

Who hasn’t backed into their garage door? As we were downsizing to move to The Villages, I had loaded up the car with items for Goodwill. I could not see out the back window, so when the door with out of the sight of the review mirror, the car went into reverse and the luggage rack caught the bottom panel of the garage door. The owners of the old house have a brand new garage door!
Old 11-15-2017, 05:04 PM
Sage

Quote:

Yes I find your posts informative and congrats on the milestone. Your wife's accident reminds me of mine. Imagine backing your car out of the garage and running into your other car. I did this and scraped all the way down the side of both cars. My insurance was nice enough to wave the deductible on both. He just laughed and said this happens quite often.
Closed Thread

Tags
car, made, garage, enjoy, roof

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.