An Alternate To Living At The Villages

Closed Thread
Old 12-11-2007, 07:41 PM
Default Re: An Alternate To Living At The Villages

Peggy D
I think you are confused. TV developer wants outsiders to enjoy what they offer except for a few things that are available only to homeowners. So whats wrong with all this folks living close by coming in and spending their money here.
Old 12-11-2007, 08:24 PM
Eternal Member
Send a message via AIM to Donna Send a message via Yahoo to Donna

NYclicker,
Great picture..The Villages Florida

"Some People Live An Entire Lifetime and Wonder If They Have Ever Made a Difference In The World,
The Marines Don't Have That Problem" "Semper Fi"

"Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous" Albert Einstein
Old 12-11-2007, 09:11 PM

Thanks Donna. It was taken on Hill 225 near Phu Bai in 1965.
Old 12-11-2007, 09:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,647 Times in 589 Posts

well this topic sure stirred the pot. I agree with many above, you pay your money and make your choices. I've visited around and TV will be my choice as soon as possible.

Merry Christmas, all...
Old 12-11-2007, 09:42 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee
Peggy D
I think you are confused. TV developer wants outsiders to enjoy what they offer except for a few things that are available only to homeowners. So whats wrong with all this folks living close by coming in and spending their money here.
I think its great that outsiders are coming into TV and spending. It makes good business sense. I just don't think you get to experience the Village lifestyle as an outsider. Yes, there are somethings open to the general public, but not all that TV has to offer.

Just my opnion.
Village of Hemmingway
Old 12-12-2007, 01:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drdodge
Russ
correct, you either pay the bond seperate or it is included in the price of house but it is not a county bond. You could buy a peice of land in sumter county and have a house built or build it yourself and there would be no bond.
drd
Have you checked the price of putting in septic system, bringing electric, phone, cable, etc. to your house? Digging a well or hooking up to public water. Is the road paved in front of your lot? May be an assesment by the county. There are lots of costs in building and in every development I've looke at in Florida there is a bond, either separate or included, in the price...
Old 12-12-2007, 02:29 AM

to mr.handie,,,, im moving to stonecrest, but i failed to say that i will still own a villa in the villages.. and who ever stated gate gaurds, isnt true, they are greeters,, they cant stop anyone. public rds. annie sounds like a great catch,,, im looking, will the lady with the lucky number please come and get me... lol. I love this place..
Old 12-12-2007, 04:42 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Dear Leachy
I understand that your moving to somewhere called stone henge or crast or something like that, Sounds good , I hope you enjoy, You should fit right in , as your tone points out , you don't mix well anyway.....You can get more info at www. runnerup .com
Old 12-12-2007, 01:01 PM

An example of non-Villagers being "left out:"

Our Church, which is very close to TV property, started a men's golf group for the golfing-challenged, and we called ourselves the "not-so-hot golf group (we stink)." We number about 30 now, and we're growing fast! We play the 9 hole executive courses every Friday. We wear red shirts to show respect for our troops. After play, we go to a nearby watering hole and socialize. Great fun!

Non-Villages parishioners, who live nearby, very much want to join us, but cannot (visitors who use executive courses must live over 50 miles from TV).
Old 12-12-2007, 01:07 PM

johnfarr, What church do you attend. Being new to TV we are looking for a church to attend. Thanks.
Old 12-12-2007, 03:54 PM
Veteran member

What I find unconscionable is that other communities sell homes based on the ability of their residents using OUR amenities at no cost. If you want the Villages lifestyle, you should buy in the Villages. I believe those developers are bait and switch salespeople who want to show you how great the Villages community is but how even greater it is not to have to pay for the good things we have.

I wish there were some way to stop this stealing of our amenities. We all pay our share and are happy to do so because we bought not just a house but a way of life. I don't welcome interlopers who want everthing without paying for it. Shame of you and shame on Stonecrest for selling that way!!!

I hope we stay crowded enough to keep you out.
Old 12-12-2007, 05:51 PM

I think Frangyomory has some loose marbles. I have not seen where other communities are pushing the amenities of TV. What I’m reading is the things that are available to non-villages is because the developer of TV wants it that way. What does Frangyomory think they are stealing? And what the heck is this bate and switch she’s talking about?
Old 12-12-2007, 06:10 PM

Very interesting topic. Thanks guys for all the info.

"Retirement ain't for sissies" as the saying goes............ I like another saying too........."it takes all kinds."

Doesn't it amaze you how TV's developer thought of all of this? I'd be very proud.
Old 12-12-2007, 06:36 PM
Soaring Eagle member

We've said before I'll say it again, it's more than just a bunch of beautiful homes and fabulous community it's truly a lifestyle, you either see the value or you don't, if everyone liked vanilla we wouldn't have chocolate. Johnl finds his best value at SC, I say good for him, I'm glad you found something that suits you, good luck and enjoy.
Old 12-12-2007, 06:49 PM

I want to thank everyone for all the replies so far. It will certainly give me a lot to think about.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.