Alternate Water Filtration systems due to problem

Closed Thread
Old 10-21-2020, 10:23 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by airstreamingypsy View Post
Is there any possible way mosquito larva could get into a NOVA system? Any way at all?
Hi I used to have an Airstream......

I don't see how it would have to be the water from the pumping station.

But it would be filtered out.

I thought they only breed in standing water.

Old 10-21-2020, 10:26 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo2012 View Post
Hi I used to have an Airstream......

I don't see how it would have to be the water from the pumping station.

But it would be filtered out.

I thought they only breed in standing water.

We’ve had two Airstreams! Is there any records kept on the last time you changed a filter? We just bought this house and I don’t know when they were changed last it who would have done it. The water meter reading was Around 86,000 gallons.
Old 10-21-2020, 10:38 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrprez View Post
We’ve had two Airstreams! Is there any records kept on the last time you changed a filter? We just bought this house and I don’t know when they were changed last it who would have done it. The water meter reading was Around 86,000 gallons.
Give us a call 631.338.1048

we'll check dates and explain how to maintain

Bob
Old 10-21-2020, 01:14 PM
Gold member

It might sound like a broken record, but we couldn't be happier with our NOVA system and water softener. We are in our 2nd home in the Villages and it was the first thing I had done after moving in. The price, the upkeep and customer service make it a no brainer. There may be other choices out there, but if you listen to the folks who have the NOVA system installed, I think you'll find all the reviews will be positive.

"I wish I didn't know now, what I didn't know then"
-Bob Seger-
Old 10-21-2020, 07:06 PM
Default Dusty Water...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSSunshine View Post
We had Nova Filtration system installed over a year ago and loved it. Then we had the filters changed a month early (July), but noticed a "dusty" taste to the water. Initially, I thought it would go away as water filtered through; however, it hasn't. Then I noticed calcium/lime deposits on our shower head. So I called and had a lot of "reasons" including all of the building going on in McClure (built out about a year ago) causing the problem, as the filters don't filter our minerals. Nova's solution was to add a fourth charcoal filter at no cost to us; however, when it's time to change filters again, it will be four filters. While I appreciate Nova's addition of the filter, I would like to explore other options including purchasing our own filters (suspect they substituted generic filters for the original) and having someone install them. Ideas?
If you have a white build up on your shower heads and kitchen sprayer you need a water softener. The PH is low!
Old 10-21-2020, 07:15 PM
Default Nova not so good for me

My husband is pleased with the Nova System, but I am not.
I find the deposits are still around our toilets, and calcium deposits around all of our sinks. Husband uses a water spray bottle and has to fill it from the filtered refrigerator water because calcium clogs it otherwise. I never had a problem with taste of water before system, but mostly mix with Crystal Light. Maybe we just didn't communicate about what we wanted from a system.
Old 10-21-2020, 07:18 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyA View Post
I find the deposits are still around our toilets, and calcium deposits around all of our sinks. Husband uses a water spray bottle and has to fill it from the filtered refrigerator water because calcium clogs it otherwise. I never had a problem with taste of water before system, but mostly mix with Crystal Light. Maybe we just didn't communicate about what we wanted from a system.
It isn’t too late to add a water softener. It’s no big deal.
Old 10-22-2020, 06:55 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyA View Post
Your issues are related to removing calcium (not filtration) when you say Nova System we have 4 different systems.

Your calcium can be addressed with our water softener which should be used with our whole house filter.

I suggest you call us to discuss adding the softener at this point.

Your refrig filter in most cases is not needed.

Last edited by jimbo2012; 10-22-2020 at 07:03 AM.
Old 10-22-2020, 06:59 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,751 Times in 3,627 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo2012 View Post

Your calcium can be addressed with out water softener which should be used with our whole house filter.

Old 10-29-2020, 05:11 AM
Default Follow-up to original post

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSSunshine View Post
We had Nova Filtration system installed over a year ago and loved it. Then we had the filters changed a month early (July), but noticed a "dusty" taste to the water. Initially, I thought it would go away as water filtered through; however, it hasn't. Then I noticed calcium/lime deposits on our shower head. So I called and had a lot of "reasons" including all of the building going on in McClure (built out about a year ago) causing the problem, as the filters don't filter our minerals. Nova's solution was to add a fourth charcoal filter at no cost to us; however, when it's time to change filters again, it will be four filters. While I appreciate Nova's addition of the filter, I would like to explore other options including purchasing our own filters (suspect they substituted generic filters for the original) and having someone install them. Ideas?
Bob, from Nova, came out and replaced the filters. It's been just over 24 hours and the water is so much better...no more dusty aftertaste in my water. Thank you, Bob!
Closed Thread

Tags
filters, filter, water, noticed, including

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.