Alternative to current Katie Bell's Plan

Closed Thread
Old 04-19-2015, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
BOOM....You just stay right there in your off campus housing and hush.
Sending you many thanks from my "mediocre" house. Don't know what makes some ____ so nasty but fortunately there are just a few of them. I'm guessing you'll get plenty of help lowering the "boom".
Old 04-19-2015, 07:32 PM
Gold member

Consider yourself fortunate. We had two water pipes burst under floors because they were not sealed properly
Old 04-19-2015, 07:37 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kstew43 View Post
Katie Bell was a lifestyle, you dance, enjoy yourself, and pay for the mediocre food.

Just as "The Villages", you pay for the lifestyle and put up with the fact the homes are mediocre and too close together....
Maybe YOU don't mind mediocre food... but lots of people do. More of those people would have patronized the place if the food was half-way decent. Part of my "lifestyle" is not to eat mediocre food in an unclean restaurant. So I didn't. Do I care if KB is changed... not really. They did it to themselves.

So sorry to hear that you got yourself a mediocre home. Maybe I was lucky.

Slaughter on 10th Avenue (and more) -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMo6w...gbuFRTT06nS9pn
Old 04-19-2015, 07:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt. View Post
Maybe YOU don't mind mediocre food... but lots of people do. More of those people would have patronized the place if the food was half-way decent. Part of my "lifestyle" is not to eat mediocre food in an unclean restaurant. So I didn't. Do I care if KB is changed... not really. They did it to themselves.

So sorry to hear that you got yourself a mediocre home. Maybe I was lucky.

He doesn't live in The Villages.
Old 04-19-2015, 07:48 PM
Platinum member

6 pages and going strong....
Old 04-19-2015, 08:35 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mleeja View Post
6 pages and going strong....
BANG This thread is rising to the level of dog poop, roundabouts, seat savers..........
Old 04-19-2015, 08:42 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny View Post
I have been on many cruises. Yes, they try to uphold and suggest, but they are not kicking anyone out of the dining room because of their clothes.
We were in the main dining room many years back seated fairly close to the doors. A family came in and the dad was wearing shorts. The Maitre D said nicely to the man "sir we really discourage shorts in the dining room room for dinner". The guy says "so we have to leave" ? The Maitre D says "of course not". They are not in the business of confronting anyone. They can suggest, but they are not going to demand.
Have been on (RC's ) Oasis of the Seas twice in the last 7 months and I can tell you first hand that they were sending people in shorts and tanktops back for a change of attire before they could enter the Main Dining Room....
You might want to try Carnival , They are not as fussy ....

No chilli dogs Fumar
Old 04-19-2015, 08:50 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Fumar View Post
Have been on (RC's ) Oasis of the Seas twice in the last 7 months and I can tell you first hand that they were sending people in shorts and tanktops back for a change of attire before they could enter the Main Dining Room....
You might want to try Carnival , They are not as fussy ....

No chilli dogs Fumar
Never saw them send anyone out of the dining room. Years ago they did. We've done 58 cruises.
Thank you, but I can pass on Carnival. We like to dress.
For those that don't, they should go to the buffet if they want to wear jeans, etc.
Old 04-20-2015, 04:55 AM

The greed of the owners is beyond belief. More could be made of KB's if the management weren't backward. Example's, when jello shots available they sell out but don't always have. Chili cheese fries, they have chili on the menu, fries they will serve with cheese over, but to get them together they serve, fries and chili separate, DUH. If something isn't broke , don't mess with it. Bet they never heard that eh. The only venue indoors for the rest of us non Morse family folks that is a little exclusive and good acoustics and descent sized dance floor. Why don't the close their place down for 6 months and leave ours alone !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-20-2015, 05:02 AM

At cattle Barron's We had the two worst steaks I ever tried to eat there and that is why they are failing. Just like the light house bad quality of food. People only put up with substandard food for so long. I can see Orange Blossom heading down the same road. High priced , average food just doesn't work when people are on a fixed income.
Old 04-20-2015, 05:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marka View Post
At cattle Barron's We had the two worst steaks I ever tried to eat there and that is why they are failing. Just like the light house bad quality of food. People only put up with substandard food for so long. I can see Orange Blossom heading down the same road. High priced , average food just doesn't work when people are on a fixed income.
There you ARE again Marka. Good morning!

Have you tried the catfish or butterfish at the Lighthouse? YUM.
Old 04-20-2015, 06:52 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marka View Post
You already posted this before. I actually liked the filet at Cattle Baron.
Old 04-20-2015, 07:14 AM
Sage

I golfed with someone who told me years ago, before houses sold themselves, TV would pick you up in a limo at the airport and one of the comps was a dinner for two at the cattle baron. They had some gynormous steak that was very expensive and that's what people would order for the biggest bang for their buck.
Old 04-20-2015, 07:25 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwed View Post
I golfed with someone who told me years ago, before houses sold themselves, TV would pick you up in a limo at the airport and one of the comps was a dinner for two at the cattle baron. They had some gynormous steak that was very expensive and that's what people would order for the biggest bang for their buck.
Yes, they used to give all kinds of goodies when people came for the Lifestyle visit. Steak and Lobster dinner at Katie Belles, movie tickets, certificates to others restaurants and funny money. Depending on what you spent to rent the place you were staying, they would get Village dollars to spend at places in the Villages. That's when people would come for 1 Lifestyle visit. Now they want to come to 3 or 4 Lifestyle visits.
Like many other things in the world, that was a long time ago.
That famous saying, "all good things must come to an end."
Old 04-20-2015, 07:30 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Haven't been to the Lighthouse in a while because it's crowded all year long. But they had the BEST bacon, egg, tomato, cheese sandwich. I don't remember ever getting a bad meal there. And I doubt seriously that it's going to fail anytime soon.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.