Aluminum Awnings

Closed Thread
Old 08-15-2022, 10:41 PM
Default Aluminum Awnings

Anyone know who might be able to repair all-aluminum awnings? The real heavy duty ones that sometimes have the hand crank built right into the house? I need a few of the cranks repaired/replaced, and some of my slats need work. I've called around, but no luck with anyone who repairs them. Replacement is major surgery and not an option right now. They seemed to be popular in homes built around 2000. I've searched strains here as well, but no luck.
Any info is appreciated !
Old 08-16-2022, 08:10 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,118 Times in 2,237 Posts

The problem here might be how to get the parts. So I will ask the question do you know the manufacturer or is there a manufacturer nameplate and model number? This would be very helpful for any handyman or similar to get [parts and do the work. I am guessing that the reason you a not getting any replies are due to this lack of information. I helped with some similar projects in the past, and actually spent 2 hours of more researching replacement parts, which is time that i am typically no compensated for. You might get lucky with an internet search for parts, and assuming the mechanism has not suffered major damage a repair may be relatively easy. I would get as much info as possible and that try contacting local handymen for repair.
Old 08-16-2022, 09:36 PM

Thanx for the suggestions. No model/manufacturer info. I might try the construction arm of TV, as I am thinking it might have been a build option on these homes built in Polo Ridge. Have done some internet research ,but am coming up with not much of substance.
Old 08-17-2022, 12:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,118 Times in 2,237 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokeefe45@aol.com View Post
Thanx for the suggestions. No model/manufacturer info. I might try the construction arm of TV, as I am thinking it might have been a build option on these homes built in Polo Ridge. Have done some internet research ,but am coming up with not much of substance.
Call home warranty, if these were original with the home they will have the original manufacturer and the original installer. If not, they may have some suggestions for the repair of these. I hope you can find a solution for your problem.
Old 08-17-2022, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokeefe45@aol.com View Post
Anyone know who might be able to repair all-aluminum awnings? The real heavy duty ones that sometimes have the hand crank built right into the house? I need a few of the cranks repaired/replaced, and some of my slats need work. I've called around, but no luck with anyone who repairs them. Replacement is major surgery and not an option right now. They seemed to be popular in homes built around 2000. I've searched strains here as well, but no luck.
Any info is appreciated !
Check with Awnair in Belleview.
Old 08-18-2022, 12:49 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob47 View Post
Check with Awnair in Belleview.
AwnAir did mine back in 2008. There is a new owner and he is very nice, but told me they not longer make them. I would still give them a call. 352-347-7240
Closed Thread

Tags
built, awnings, luck, repairs, replacement

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.