Am I the only one...

Closed Thread
Old 03-23-2020, 07:22 AM

Tell that to all those who are sick and those that have died.
Old 03-23-2020, 07:30 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,743 Times in 1,383 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastskiguy View Post
I sure hope you're right but outbreaks worsen exponentially and we're in the early stages.

There are 5 ways this can play out

-virus "just dies out" like influenza....possible but certainly isn't happening yet
-vaccine or cure is developed.....looking at a year, maybe more
-eradication...like polio (of course, we had a vaccine in the fight v polio)
-most of the population gets over a long timeframe so as to not overwhelm our healthcare
-or....most of the population gets it all at once and we end up like Italy <-avoid this!!

It's a fact that the death rate is higher in older people and...... we're living in geezer central, right?

If only 1/2 of us in TV get it and if only 2% die that's still 5000 of us buying the farm in the next few months.

Like I said, I hope you're right and this is an overreaction but, personally, I'm taking it seriously.
150,000 divided by 2 = 75,000 X .02 = 1500 .......still a very big number that needs attention to be taken seriously. There is just no need to gamble when the recommended actions are so basic.

Yes the lifestyle will be interrupted temporarily...death is forever...such a small price to pay.
Old 03-23-2020, 07:31 AM

Seriously???? Wake up TV! We were down there renting last winter and have never met such an arrogant group of people. Go ahead, ignore the facts, guess you are all invincible in your little closed minded bubble.
Old 03-23-2020, 07:38 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,143 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjuneprice View Post
Seriously???? Wake up TV! We were down there renting last winter and have never met such an arrogant group of people. Go ahead, ignore the facts, guess you are all invincible in your little closed minded bubble.
Well, I guess you aren't planning on moving here. I'm devastated
Old 03-23-2020, 07:39 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,743 Times in 1,383 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjuneprice View Post
What a nice first post!!!!
Smells like bait.
And oh by the way to be more accurate, there are SOME....but I doubt the negative blasting of TV has no need for accuracy.
Old 03-23-2020, 07:43 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,152 Times in 1,326 Posts

when the going gets tough, the tough get going

I too sense that what is going on is absolutely crazy....

Once again, we have people taking action based on no real information, on little information or on misinformation

the media certainly isn't helping...and social media is basically a rumor mill

Our elected officials are reinforcing that they are really not leaders...but slick talkers pandering to the lobby $$$

but, this too will pass and we'll eventually settle down into a new normal

let's just be kind to one another

Just saying
Old 03-23-2020, 07:45 AM

I understand and respect people being cautious and buying a few extra supplies. However, I'm just a single mom, trying to buy some groceries to feed my family. I've been to several grocery stores EVERY day and can barely find enough food for a few days. Caution=good. PANIC=RIDICULOUS
Old 03-23-2020, 07:49 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coalminer View Post
Nows your chance to bet your life on your opinion. Go out, mingle with other non believers, just stay the hell away from me.
Old 03-23-2020, 07:49 AM

Agree
Old 03-23-2020, 07:50 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,199 Times in 461 Posts

Not the only one, however, I feel the stores, when seeing the panic buying should limit tp to two packages a purchase so everyone who actually NEEDS tp can have a chance to purchase it. Same with water. You cannot control stupidity in people but you can set some ground rules they did not do this. I am glad to see that costco and publix will not accept returns on these products. Finally, some common sense.
Old 03-23-2020, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aces4 View Post
In your eyes...

Critical thinking will allow most people to process the fact that restaurants are closed other than some which provide carry outs. One must realize people who seldom or occasionally eat at home are now grocery shopping, using products in their home in larger quanities. Stores were not prepared for the change in purchasing habits. Did people really expect nothing to change when The Villagers had to stay home? Perhaps the hysteria is in the failure to absorb that fact.
whether you eat at home or a restaurant doesn't change your bathroom habits. The TP hoarding is pathetic. Getting to close to running out here.THANKS HOARDERS!
Old 03-23-2020, 08:02 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post
That thinks this mass hysteria is ridiculous panicking over TP.
That’s because those people have a ****ty outlook in life !!!!
Old 03-23-2020, 08:04 AM
Default Washcloth, soap and water

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOMOH View Post
I'm immuno-suppressed due to a transplant, and have a-fib and a pacemaker. I live alone, and have been self-quarantining for almost two weeks because I'm afraid that if I get sick..that will be IT! I didn't hoard toilet paper, but I'm ok for now. What happens when I'm NOT ok with toilet paper? My neighbors are kindly shopping for me, and I won't want to ask them to go from store to store for this basic need. What can we do to get back to normal so that someone can walk into a store and just buy what they need?
Are you serious about what do you do when you run out of toilet paper????? You take a shower after pooping, or use a washcloth, soap and water, or use newspaper and throw it out in a dedicated garbage bag. Remember hand washing diapers and baby bottoms before baby wipes, messy, but worked just fine. What do you think people did before toilet paper????
Seriously people, think and don't panic.
Old 03-23-2020, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aces4 View Post
In your eyes...

Critical thinking will allow most people to process the fact that restaurants are closed other than some which provide carry outs. One must realize people who seldom or occasionally eat at home are now grocery shopping, using products in their home in larger quanities. Stores were not prepared for the change in purchasing habits. Did people really expect nothing to change when The Villagers had to stay home? Perhaps the hysteria is in the failure to absorb that fact.
They're not pooping any more than usual.....
Old 03-23-2020, 08:07 AM

You are out of your freaking mind!i
Closed Thread

Tags
buying, people, worse, cleaned, warts

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.