Am I the only one...

Closed Thread
Old 03-25-2020, 12:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucco View Post
Your "hypothetically" is bizarre, totally unreal, and has no basis whatsoever in the real world. It sounds like a weird novel.

This is a forum to share information, NOT alternate world theories.
But it did include race and guns...…………………..
Old 03-25-2020, 12:30 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
It actually addressed reality, which some people somehow find offensive ... quite peculiar.
Old 03-25-2020, 12:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,244 Times in 707 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Sadly, very sadly, as has become the norms with lying.

You get so infiltrated that you begin to think it's normal, and it is the opposite of normal.

Same with the guns and race....you just expect that kind of thing from certain groups and people.

To be clear, the lying, race hating and gun things are abhorrent behavior, non normal in any sense.
Old 03-25-2020, 12:33 PM
Sage

Quote:
Sadly, very sadly, as has become the norms with lying.

You get so infiltrated that you begin to think it's normal, and it is the opposite of normal.

Same with the guns and race....you just expect that kind of thing from certain groups and people.

To be clear, the lying, race hating and gun things are abhorrent behavior, non normal in any sense.
I agree ... lying, racism and illegal usage of guns are abhorrent.
Old 03-25-2020, 12:33 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexaninVA View Post
It actually addressed reality, which some people somehow find offensive ... quite peculiar.
Peculiar to me is your acceptance of such hateful things. That is really sad.
Old 03-25-2020, 12:59 PM
Sage

Quote:
Peculiar to me is your acceptance of such hateful things. That is really sad.
That’s the thing about reality. It is what it is and none of us can change it.

Sometimes reality intrudes in unfortunate ways.

I think most people recognize that’s accurate even if uncomfortable.
Old 03-25-2020, 01:29 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexaninVA View Post
That’s the thing about reality. It is what it is and none of us can change it.

Sometimes reality intrudes in unfortunate ways.

I think most people recognize that’s accurate even if uncomfortable.
Reality is reality.

My comments have reluctantly begun to realize that certain of the populace embrace an alternate reality, devoid of facts and truth, and while not facing east or anything so dramatic, they bow to a central central lead in their feelings and listen for what this truths are on each day.

I cannot change that, thus until further notice, I simply accept that there are folks like that. I still hold onto my beliefs of truth and facts along wit morality and more than that I cannot do.

When I enjoyed the privilege of “working” in Washington, I grabbed onto reality....have not changed at all,while so many have marched behind an alternate reality.
Old 03-25-2020, 01:40 PM
Sage

Quote:
Reality is reality.

My comments have reluctantly begun to realize that certain of the populace embrace an alternate reality, devoid of facts and truth, and while not facing east or anything so dramatic, they bow to a central central lead in their feelings and listen for what this truths are on each day.

I cannot change that, thus until further notice, I simply accept that there are folks like that. I still hold onto my beliefs of truth and facts along wit morality and more than that I cannot do.

When I enjoyed the privilege of “working” in Washington, I grabbed onto reality....have not changed at all,while so many have marched behind an alternate reality.
You’re basically saying you have a lock on the truth, and that your reality is exclusively based on facts, truths etc. Other people, ie other than you, rely on their feelings and all the stuff you said.

It’s nice that you’re willing to let others continue in their misguided ways.

I worked in DC for 28 years so I too have experienced various types of reality.

Really, go back and re-read what you wrote. It’s like you think your gifted with a special sense of nobility. Am I misreading your comments?
Old 03-27-2020, 12:50 PM
Default Hysteria

I suppose some that are over prepping have either lived through, or know at least one family member, who lived through the Great Depression. I only heard my grandma talk about what it was like. Perhaps people are fearing another depression where little goods would be available and a lot of people couldn’t afford them. Do you think that may have something to do with it? What concerns me, as a nurse, is still seeing people out and about with no regard to the social distancing. I don’t get it because of the high risk population we have in TV. The virus is real and precautions may save your life or someone else's. Please be smart and stay in unless absolutely necessary.
Old 03-27-2020, 01:03 PM

Yep. The people with the highest risks are still doing daily shopping. Why most of the food will go to waste. The most humorous part of this whole thing is watching people in TV panicking because now they have to cook.
Old 03-27-2020, 01:05 PM

This virus is three times more infective than the normal flu. That is why we are having to take all of the precautions we are now.
Old 03-27-2020, 01:12 PM

I have a friend in NJ who has said the same thing. He said he couldn’t breathe normally for a month. I believe we started having this outbreak long before anyone guessed it.
Old 03-27-2020, 01:45 PM
Veteran member
Default Yes because China covered it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiganne View Post
I have a friend in NJ who has said the same thing. He said he couldn’t breathe normally for a month. I believe we started having this outbreak long before anyone guessed it.
Yes, we probably did, because the secretive and oppressive regime in China covered it up, until it had spread all across the world 👿👿
Old 03-27-2020, 02:56 PM
Sage

No you were not alone to say that we should not panic. But we are in a time when the risk of virus has expanded so that there are 24 cases in Lake County add cases in Marion county and 29 cases in Sumter County. Because of our advanced age, death is Something we should consider in choosing how much caution to take. I’m in the process of moving and do elbow bumps with People I know who are helping me. If I have to go out to a store, I wear gloves and generally a mask. What I have but I wipe down with disinfectant when I get home. It is important if we go out, to consider not only ourselves, but also that if we are careless, we could become a carrier. I would not want that on my conscience, would you?
Old 03-27-2020, 04:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiganne View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by junction29 View Post
Yes, we probably did, because the secretive and oppressive regime in China covered it up, until it had spread all across the world 👿👿
And we sat on our hands for two months...….Oh your source forgot to mention that.

Tags
buying, people, worse, cleaned, warts

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.