Am I the only one...

Closed Thread
Old 03-27-2020, 04:57 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiganne View Post
Yep. The people with the highest risks are still doing daily shopping ...
Yes, I've noticed that too. Am aware of a person in late 70s who almost never washes hands, typically still goes out to various public places 3-4x a day, and has two significant underlying health conditions.

I just don't get it ...
Old 03-27-2020, 05:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,244 Times in 707 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
And we sat on our hands for two months...….Oh your source forgot to mention that.
That fact, and others has been ignored....certainly on this forum.

It is, however, a recorded historical fact and part of intelligence reports.

It's sad.....the part where you even have to mention that.
Old 03-27-2020, 05:10 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucco View Post
That fact, and others has been ignored....certainly on this forum.

It is, however, a recorded historical fact and part of intelligence reports.

It's sad.....the part where you even have to mention that.
We'll have plenty of time for the after action reports and post postmortems. Certain federal, state and local leaders should have responded sooner. Some politicians and media people made comments in February that don't look so great a month later. Etc, etc.

But, for right now, we need to focus on getting through. I think most people agree with that.
Old 03-27-2020, 06:31 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiganne View Post
Yep. The people with the highest risks are still doing daily shopping. Why most of the food will go to waste. The most humorous part of this whole thing is watching people in TV panicking because now they have to cook.

Really? I have yet to see “people in TV panicking because now they have to cook.” Where is this happening?
I think this “panicking” stuff is greatly overstated to fit the agenda of the cavalier deniers who finally are forced to face reality.
Old 03-27-2020, 06:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

[QUOTE=perrjojo;1731807]No, you are not the only one and that is why the virus continues to spread.[/QUOTE

As usual, I agree with this poster.
Old 03-27-2020, 06:56 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexaninVA View Post
The basis for this statement is my best judgment and assessment.

Let’s say hypothetically the medical authorities determine zero risk of coronavirus is achieved by everyone staying housebound for one year. The problem is, if this is done nationally in all locations, the economy stops, goods eventually become scare, people run out of essentials and so forth. Medications become hard to get along with food. Older people start to get sick and die.

As food runs out, people, probably starting in ethnically diverse neighborhoods in the large cities, start to pillage and then eventually riot. Civil disorder would then ensue.

By the way, this is why many people do in fact have numerous firearms and ammo etc stockpiled. This is often laughed at by those who consider themselves more sophisticated and tend to favor strict gun restrictions. There may be a change of opinion, over time by some, on this issue.

In any event, at some point (and that’s the tough part … which point) we have to get back to business.
I agree with you 100%. And when society goes totally down the drain, what good will the hoarded goods do? Only thing that will work needs to be loaded and carried at all times.
Old 03-28-2020, 07:10 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianeM View Post
I agree with you 100%. And when society goes totally down the drain, what good will the hoarded goods do? Only thing that will work needs to be loaded and carried at all times.
Sad.
Old 03-28-2020, 07:20 AM

Is there exaggeration? Yes.
Are some politicians playing this issue for power? Yes.
Is media hysterical in some cases, and duplicitous? Yes.
Is there a real public health issue? Yes.
Is it helpful to downplay the issue and not take seriously the guidelines that might save your life or the lives of others? No.
Are all Villagers observing the guidelines? No.
Are responsible Villagers trying to keep themselves and others safe by observing guidelines? Yes.
Old 03-28-2020, 07:25 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastskiguy View Post
I sure hope you're right but outbreaks worsen exponentially and we're in the early stages.

There are 5 ways this can play out

-virus "just dies out" like influenza....possible but certainly isn't happening yet
-vaccine or cure is developed.....looking at a year, maybe more
-eradication...like polio (of course, we had a vaccine in the fight v polio)
-most of the population gets over a long timeframe so as to not overwhelm our healthcare
-or....most of the population gets it all at once and we end up like Italy <-avoid this!!

It's a fact that the death rate is higher in older people and...... we're living in geezer central, right?

If only 1/2 of us in TV get it and if only 2% die that's still 5000 of us buying the farm in the next few months.

Like I said, I hope you're right and this is an overreaction but, personally, I'm taking it seriously.
Well said.
Old 03-28-2020, 08:29 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,478 Times in 711 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexaninVA View Post
The basis for this statement is my best judgment and assessment.

Let’s say hypothetically the medical authorities determine zero risk of coronavirus is achieved by everyone staying housebound for one year. The problem is, if this is done nationally in all locations, the economy stops, goods eventually become scare, people run out of essentials and so forth. Medications become hard to get along with food. Older people start to get sick and die.

As food runs out, people, probably starting in ethnically diverse neighborhoods in the large cities, start to pillage and then eventually riot. Civil disorder would then ensue.

By the way, this is why many people do in fact have numerous firearms and ammo etc stockpiled. This is often laughed at by those who consider themselves more sophisticated and tend to favor strict gun restrictions. There may be a change of opinion, over time by some, on this issue.

In any event, at some point (and that’s the tough part … which point) we have to get back to business.
You just watched Contagion, didn't you
Old 03-28-2020, 08:33 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-Town View Post
You just watched Contagion, didn't you
Actually no.

I've simply tried to consistently apply common sense over most of my life ... ie, after I completed my teenage years at least.
Closed Thread

Tags
buying, people, worse, cleaned, warts

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.