Am I the only one...

Closed Thread
Old 03-23-2020, 06:38 AM
Default Breaking News

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudyLife View Post
Ok and you think Italy, Spain are what - faking it?! You are lucky you are in an open area such as TV. But this virus will creep in there as time goes by unfortunately. No one is exempt. Not hysteria, not hype, not exaggeration. FACT.
A Villager was admitted to hospital in Leesburg with COVID-19. It has hit America’s Friendliest Hometown.” God help us all.
Old 03-23-2020, 06:43 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,911 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joanne19335 View Post
A Villager was admitted to hospital in Leesburg with COVID-19. It has hit America’s Friendliest Hometown.” God help us all.
That's certainly possible, maybe even likely.

However, how do you know this????

Are you an admitting clerk at Leesburg Hospital?
Or did you violate HIPPA and hack the medical records of patients at that hospital?

Unless there is an official statement regarding this, it is merely rumor
Old 03-23-2020, 06:44 AM
Location: atl (marietta) - 1/20 bought on killington loop then covoid hit - looking again

anyone else see this ? evidently gates was talking in 2015/16 about a pandemic,,,
We’re Not Ready for the Next Epidemic | Bill Gates
Old 03-23-2020, 06:44 AM

it was on the Village News website.
Old 03-23-2020, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post

Wait for two years and the news will have articles on the Year the World Went Nuts
I sure hope you're right but outbreaks worsen exponentially and we're in the early stages.

There are 5 ways this can play out

-virus "just dies out" like influenza....possible but certainly isn't happening yet
-vaccine or cure is developed.....looking at a year, maybe more
-eradication...like polio (of course, we had a vaccine in the fight v polio)
-most of the population gets over a long timeframe so as to not overwhelm our healthcare
-or....most of the population gets it all at once and we end up like Italy <-avoid this!!

It's a fact that the death rate is higher in older people and...... we're living in geezer central, right?

If only 1/2 of us in TV get it and if only 2% die that's still 5000 of us buying the farm in the next few months.

Like I said, I hope you're right and this is an overreaction but, personally, I'm taking it seriously.
Old 03-23-2020, 06:54 AM
Default No, you are not alone

No, you are not alone in your thinking. The economic impact of this mess is going to be incredible. We are trying to figure out the real reason for whats going on if we will ever know.
Old 03-23-2020, 06:58 AM

With the number of inflections doubling daily you obviously don't have a clue as to our current situation. Unfortunately, you are not the only one, you and too many other nonbelievers will be responsible for spreading the disease and killing us.
Old 03-23-2020, 07:08 AM

Stores could limit quantities on anything but for some reason (maybe $), they have not done so. Sad.
Old 03-23-2020, 07:09 AM
Send a message via ICQ to Nannyof3 Send a message via AIM to Nannyof3 Send a message via Yahoo to Nannyof3 Send a message via Skype™ to Nannyof3
Default No panic here

We are not panicking but we are taking this thing seriously, as we all should.
Many people thought it was all hype but just look at Seattle, NYC, Italy. This is not hype, it’s real. We don’t have to rush to the market and buy up all the bread, milk and TP in the store. We are mostly 1-2 person households, how much can we use?
Most Villagers are kind and generous its only a small percentage that put themselves first. We will never change them.
Stay safe, be careful and be kind to one another
Old 03-23-2020, 07:10 AM
Veteran member

How many people here in the US have to die before you believe the pandemic is real?
Old 03-23-2020, 07:17 AM

Sure you can. Volunteer to take over and provide solutions.
Old 03-23-2020, 07:18 AM

And of course, blaming and name calling. That'll fix everything....NOT.
Old 03-23-2020, 07:20 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villageswimmer View Post
Amen. I note that some of your very vocal compadres have gone off the grid. And one doesn’t need a medical degree to see what’s happening in the world. Some, who act as experts, may have caused carelessness. Carelessness we cannot afford. Carelessness that can result in death.

People who use caution are not chicken littles as they’ve been called on this forum. Caution is not panic.
Yes, but caution doesn't mean panic....for the love of god, go to the store once a week or so and get your eggs, milk,fruit, cereal and 4pk of tp. Then do it again next week. In between, stay inside, watch netflix,play cards and clean a darn closet. Do not run to the store and buy out all the supplies and just generally add to the mass hysteria.
Just don't be greedy...be smart.
Old 03-23-2020, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilkinson View Post
We have to be careful to separate fact from opinion. It is a fact that even in TV we have the effects of media hysteria - the hording of TP and paper towels. Why that is happening is my opinion is that the media deliver the news with an emphasis and tone of voice of "we don't know how bad this will become." A fact is that the grocery shelves in TV are hard to keep up with stocking is partly due to people not buying food at restaurants so they are buying food for home. I am an efficiency consultant for companies like Proctor & Gamble and Gillette - I'd love to hear your opinion of how this panic, real or imagined, is adversely affecting the efficiency of our supply chains. Your thoughts, please?
It is reasonable to think that the folks who frequent restaurants on a regular basis will now make use of the take out and delivery service that is available. To me, it is unreasonable to think that all those that eat out will now purchase all supplies necessary and do nothing but cook at home. Certainly some will do so, by I think the majority of folks that have become used to having others prepare their meals will not go to the trouble of home cooking when take out and delivery is readily available.
I have seen this condition go from concern to worry and now even to panic. And there is no reason for it, there is no shortage of anything in the supply chain. Use common sense, don't touch anything you don't have to, keep a reasonable distance from others, wash your hands more frequently and for at least 20 seconds and keep your hands away from your face. Do that and purchase items as you normally would. There is no reason to hoard.
Old 03-23-2020, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marathon Man View Post
That is opinion, not truth. This is exactly the attitude that will cause the visus to be spread. We have an opportunity to avoid what Italy is going through. However, those who refuse to participate in the effort is a real problem.
Well said!
Closed Thread

Tags
buying, people, worse, cleaned, warts

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.