Am I the only one...

Closed Thread
Old 03-23-2020, 10:26 AM
Veteran member

Yesterday there were four cases of coronavirus in Sumter county. Today there are eight cases and two people are hospitalized. You people can bury your head in the sand all you like but I’m staying clear of people for a while.
Old 03-23-2020, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcurrie947 View Post
No, you are not alone in your thinking. The economic impact of this mess is going to be incredible. We are trying to figure out the real reason for whats going on if we will ever know.
I posited that question in a very early post as to whether there was "something more sinister behind this". The "true" death rate will be in the wrecked economy and the tens of thousands of small businesses across the country that will not recover from this government-imposed mess. We may witness another 1929 depression all over again; let's hope not! People are a lot less "composed" than in times past. And, just for the record, no one, including the CDC, knows the actual deaths or even individuals contracting the flu. The only data on the flu that is required to be reported is deaths of minors; deaths to adults is not required to be reported and is estimated by the CDC. Being a second arm of "Big Pharma", I would guess that their estimating is routinely on the high side, in order to scare people into getting their flu shot. Also, the medical community and the CDC use the acronym "ILI", routinely - "Influenza-Like Illness" - what's behind that practice? Inquiring minds want to know!

Fred
Old 03-23-2020, 10:35 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love2Swim View Post
Yesterday there were four cases of coronavirus in Sumter county. Today there are eight cases and two people are hospitalized. You people can bury your head in the sand all you like but I’m staying clear of people for a while.
Is that a scientific statistical analysis or are you just "making and observation" Because if you think you can extrapolate anything, anything at all from that number, well...…..
Old 03-23-2020, 10:36 AM
Location: Chicago, Gillingham UK, San Francisco, Tokyo, Hong Kong, London UK, Washington, DC

The COVID numbers, taken by themselves, are a bit hair raising but I would welcome these stats be delivered by the media alongside the stats for the seasonal flu and other common virus infections. A little perspective would help me assess the gravity of the situation.
Old 03-23-2020, 10:44 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,244 Times in 707 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by perrjojo View Post
No, you are not the only one and that is why the virus continues to spread.
Unfortunetly, it is spread with help....

"Racist extremist groups, including neo-Nazis and other white supremacists, are encouraging members who contract novel coronavirus disease to spread the contagion to cops and Jews, according to intelligence gathered by the FBI."

White supremacists encouraging their members to spread coronavirus to cops, Jews, FBI says - ABC News

The hate is spreading further and further and deeper and deeper into our society, along with the virus, it appears.

I read this tried my best to fact check it....a good source, lots of
evidence from social media, and I recalled an interview with Steve Bannon about 3 years ago.

While "shut in" prayer for our country is what we should be doing.

"The FBI alert, which went out on Thursday, told local police agencies that extremists want their followers to try to use spray bottles to spread bodily fluids to cops on the street. The extremists are also directing followers to spread the disease to Jews by going "any place they may be congregated, to include markets, political offices, businesses and places of worship.""
Old 03-23-2020, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjuneprice View Post
Seriously???? Wake up TV! We were down there renting last winter and have never met such an arrogant group of people. Go ahead, ignore the facts, guess you are all invincible in your little closed minded bubble.
Not sure who you are yelling at, most of the people here are taking this very seriously...
Old 03-23-2020, 10:49 AM

To all those that think this is real, abide by the directions given by our local, state, and federal leaders, and you will be reasonably safe from this pandemic. This will also lighten the load on our health system, and get the country back to normal.

To all of those that think of this as a hoax or no big deal, look at it as a training drill, with the purpose of working out the bugs in our system, in the event of a serious pandemic. Abide by the directions given by our local, state, and federal leaders, and we will be better prepared for any future pandemic. This will also lighten the load on our health system, and get the country back to normal.

Either way, we will ALL be better prepared for the next one.
Old 03-23-2020, 10:50 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,312 Times in 545 Posts
Default Hoarding

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
I agree. It is just human nature. Some people are savers and some are spenders. I always have plenty of non-perishable items like water, toilet paper, paper towels, shampoo, toothpaste, etc. But, I don't consider myself to be a hoarder, just well prepared. It's good planning.
I have a very good friend who is single and when I said something about toilet paper he told me he had five packages of 18 rolls. He said he bought them about the first of March. I know him well enough to tell him he was part of the problem. Well, he said maybe, but thought he ought to stock up. He offered to give me one but I bought one at Sam’s sometime in Last of February and have plenty for the two of us. Yes, we are still friends - just different. He lives in Florida but doesn’t live in TV if that makes any difference.

My point about all of this is I believe it’s serious and we should all be sailing our boat in the same direction to stop the virus the best we can. There will be plenty of time to “debate and quibble” later.
Old 03-23-2020, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
Yes, and 617,425 have died from all other causes. The media won't mention it because it distracts from the panic and hysteria, and doesn't help their agenda, which I believe is a 3 part show:
1) convince everyone how horrible this is
2) convince everyone it was mismanaged
3) blame the president

This is serious, and deserves the media attention, but in a factual and unbiased way. I don't remember anything like this with the swine flu of 2009.
I believe you may have "decoded" the agenda

Fred
Old 03-23-2020, 10:54 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjim View Post
I have a very good friend who is single and when I said something about toilet paper he told me he had five packages of 18 rolls. He said he bought them about the first of March. I know him well enough to tell him he was part of the problem. Well, he said maybe, but thought he ought to stock up. He offered to give me one but I bought one at Sam’s sometime in Last of February and have plenty for the two of us. Yes, we are still friends - just different. He lives in Florida but doesn’t live in TV if that makes any difference.

My point about all of this is I believe it’s serious and we should all be sailing our boat in the same direction to stop the virus the best we can. There will be plenty of time to “debate and quibble” later.
Good thoughts.....my opinion, this time in history will be investigated and discussed many years after we are gone, and rightfully so.
Old 03-23-2020, 11:02 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffresh View Post
I believe you may have "decoded" the agenda

Fred
I do recall the swine flu having a much less death rate, and not narrowed so much to elderly relative to death. I also recall a much less contagious type of flu.

To allocate this to some type of political dirty trick is a very very sad commentary on this country.
Old 03-23-2020, 11:04 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucco View Post
Unfortunetly, it is spread with help....

"Racist extremist groups, including neo-Nazis and other white supremacists, are encouraging members who contract novel coronavirus disease to spread the contagion to cops and Jews, according to intelligence gathered by the FBI."

White supremacists encouraging their members to spread coronavirus to cops, Jews, FBI says - ABC News

The hate is spreading further and further and deeper and deeper into our society, along with the virus, it appears.

I read this tried my best to fact check it....a good source, lots of
evidence from social media, and I recalled an interview with Steve Bannon about 3 years ago.

While "shut in" prayer for our country is what we should be doing.

"The FBI alert, which went out on Thursday, told local police agencies that extremists want their followers to try to use spray bottles to spread bodily fluids to cops on the street. The extremists are also directing followers to spread the disease to Jews by going "any place they may be congregated, to include markets, political offices, businesses and places of worship.""
I don't think the groups you cited are smart enough to do this. It's kind of like a safe, PC bogeyman to point to.

The Chinese military, on the other hand, absolutely has the technical ability to make a bio-weapon.
Old 03-23-2020, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wranglerann View Post
In the villages you can congregate on the golf greens and pickle ball courts but not in chlorinated pool water. This makes no sense. Oh and let's not forget the packed full of people in restraunts until just a few days ago. The villages owners and management are ridiculous for a better word for them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brownmoose13 View Post
Just trying to understand....according to the CDC since the flu season began, approximately October 1 there has been 38 Million with the flu, 390,000 hospitalized and 23,000 have died. That is 1,000 per week that have died but I wonder why the media does not mention these numbers. The numbers they quote are thru March 14.
I took a cruise right after Thanksgiving and came home sick, I suspect it was Covid-19 but at the time no one knew what it was. My husband and 6 friends all had the same thing, from Nov to Jan. Some were tested and told it wasn't the flu. I'm wondering how many of the deaths associated with the flu season this year are really from Covid-19. No one is talking about that.. I should also add that what we experienced was like no other flu, dry cough, and then difficulty breathing with congestion in lungs for 3 to 4 weeks.
Old 03-23-2020, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jswirs View Post
I don't know the answer to your question, but in the flu season of 2017 -2018 80,000 people died from influenza in the US. We're far from that number and we may get there, but maybe we will never reach that number either. This is not a time to worry or panic, it is a time to use common sense.
Unfortunately, common sense is a rare commodity - unicorns are more common than sense!

Fred
Old 03-23-2020, 11:18 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexaninVA View Post
I don't think the groups you cited are smart enough to do this. It's kind of like a safe, PC bogeyman to point to.

The Chinese military, on the other hand, absolutely has the technical ability to make a bio-weapon.
A lot to what you say for sure. If you believe that China developed this viro weapon to attack, why unleash it on their own ? Practice ? Mistake ?

With the spread data it would mean it is to take over the world because the spread is mucho all over the globe, yet we remain on friendly terms with this country of such vile means.

So if not China.....who then ?

I have always believed that there is not a conspiracy theory behind every P situation and if you are correct, while we remain extra friendly with that country, who in this country is complicit with the Chinese to pull this off ?

I am really curious because it is hard for me to wrap my brain around these theories, especially when I read how we are so subject to any Chinese whim.......financially, etc. Why kill off or even weaken someone whom you already have weakened so much ?

If this is plot, they have successfully drawn our attention from North Korea testing of missles, which continues unabated and is not discussed.

I honestly want to know the details on this, the WHYS.....HOW...WHEN. They did not do a good job in covering it up since we were aware months and months ago, and were warned a few years ago about the development of more pandemics I was not in on the briefings, but all I have heard is warning about how we are not prepared and should get prepared for any pandemic....they may have mentioned China......you have info on that part of this plan ?
Closed Thread

Tags
buying, people, worse, cleaned, warts

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.