Am I the only one...

Closed Thread
Old 03-23-2020, 11:31 AM
Default Numbers

If every night they posted regular flu numbers . How many where infected, how many deaths, how many in this county or that we would be scared every year.
Old 03-23-2020, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joanne19335 View Post
A Villager was admitted to hospital in Leesburg with COVID-19. It has hit America’s Friendliest Hometown.” God help us all.
A Villager was tested in Leesburg and unfortunately had a positive result. I have not seen anything indicating that they were admitted. They would only be admitted if they needed supportive care.
Old 03-23-2020, 11:39 AM
Default You Can't Cover All You Bases

I was traveling out of state when the hysteria hit. The young man in the seat behind me was coughing frequently during my 2 hour and 20 minute return flight. Maybe he had a cold, allergies, asthma, flu, or any of a hundred reasons that can cause a cough. Given our current situation, it would have been nice if I could get tested, but tests are in short supply and only given to those who have symptoms. I got back to TV at 7:00pm and had dinner with my wife at a restaurant in a town square. The next day, we went to do our weekly grocery shopping. In addition to paper towels, tp, and hand sanitizer, the store was out of about half the staples on our grocery list. We bought what we could, and the next day I went to two additional stores to find the items we still needed. I found everything except paper products and hand sanitizer. Because my wife is very concerned about our short supply of those items, I go to 4 to 6 stores a day to see if they've been restocked. So far no luck. I've been doing this for a week. I will do it again today. Yesterday I developed a cough. It's probably seasonal allergies, but I have no way of knowing for sure since I can't get tested without having other symptoms. Because I don't know my status, I've been very careful to keep my distance when outside talking to my neighbors. I try to keep my distance from people in the stores I visit, but sometimes they end up crowding me. If you shop at Publix, Winn-Dixie, WalMart, Sam's Club or Aldi, please don't get too close to me. I'm trying to keep you safe. I'm over 65 and have asthma so being around all those people puts me at risk too. It's been a week. Can you let go of your hysterics long enough to leave a package of Charmin and Bounty on the shelves so I can stay at home? It would be in both our best interests.
Old 03-23-2020, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjudkins View Post
The COVID numbers, taken by themselves, are a bit hair raising but I would welcome these stats be delivered by the media alongside the stats for the seasonal flu and other common virus infections. A little perspective would help me assess the gravity of the situation.
I believe there are "others" who would rather assess the situation for you

Fred
Old 03-23-2020, 11:46 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
Is that a scientific statistical analysis or are you just "making and observation" Because if you think you can extrapolate anything, anything at all from that number, well...…..
Duh. The point is, the cases are on the rise, as was predicted. And it isn’t somewhere else in the country, it’s here in The Villages. Common sense dictates listening to the experts - this isn’t an overblown media hoax as some would like to believe.
Old 03-23-2020, 11:53 AM

You took the words out of my mouth. Exactly my thinking too. Mass hysteria from the media and oh btw is this election time?
Old 03-23-2020, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucco View Post
I do recall the swine flu having a much less death rate, and not narrowed so much to elderly relative to death. I also recall a much less contagious type of flu.

To allocate this to some type of political dirty trick is a very very sad commentary on this country.
It's called realism and critical thinking; observing what has been going on in the media for the past three years makes that possibility easy to extrapolate. Believing that one's government only has the citizens' best interest in mind, a classical case of naivete, is far more fatal to one's well being!

Fred
Old 03-23-2020, 11:58 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,143 Posts

Quote:
I do recall the swine flu having a much less death rate, and not narrowed so much to elderly relative to death. I also recall a much less contagious type of flu.

To allocate this to some type of political dirty trick is a very very sad commentary on this country.
From April 12, 2009 to April 10, 2010, CDC estimated there were 60.8 million cases (range: 43.3-89.3 million), 274,304 hospitalizations (range: 195,086-402,719), and 12,469 deaths (range: 8868-18,306) in the United States due to the (H1N1)pdm09 virus.

Additionally, CDC estimated that 151,700-575,400 people worldwide died from (H1N1)pdm09 virus infection during the first year the virus circulated.**

2009 H1N1 Pandemic (H1N1pdm09 virus) | Pandemic Influenza (Flu) | CDC
Old 03-23-2020, 12:02 PM

So those who SELDOM or RARELY eat at home bought all this food and they are going to COOK IT !!!! Do they know how......No they will still do take out for as long as they can, and the food will rot... So much food in normal times is thrown out. The answer is to RATION...... that will make folks think about how lucky they have been to WASTE so much all these years that they could have fed a third world country.
Old 03-23-2020, 12:05 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love2Swim View Post
Duh. The point is, the cases are on the rise, as was predicted. And it isn’t somewhere else in the country, it’s here in The Villages. Common sense dictates listening to the experts - this isn’t an overblown media hoax as some would like to believe.
No, it clearly isn't a "hoax" (who started that anyway?), only an idiot would believe that. The question is whether or not the media reporting is overblown, and secondly, given media bias, whether there is a political agenda to their reporting. And yes, it is here in TV. It has probably been here for a while and there will be more cases as more testing results come in. But 8 cases in Sumter County, or even eventually 80 or 800 DOES NOT make us Italy
Old 03-23-2020, 12:14 PM
Default Not the same at all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post
That thinks this mass hysteria is ridiculous? People panicking over TP. People buying guns and ammo.

Sorry...not buying it...scientists and politicians just love to control.
I bet you can't name ONE single scientist who literally wants to control everyone. If you have a much better idea of how to work this debacle, let's hear it.
Old 03-23-2020, 12:16 PM
Sage

Quote:
A lot to what you say for sure. If you believe that China developed this viro weapon to attack, why unleash it on their own ? Practice ? Mistake ?

With the spread data it would mean it is to take over the world because the spread is mucho all over the globe, yet we remain on friendly terms with this country of such vile means.

So if not China.....who then ?

I have always believed that there is not a conspiracy theory behind every P situation and if you are correct, while we remain extra friendly with that country, who in this country is complicit with the Chinese to pull this off ?

I am really curious because it is hard for me to wrap my brain around these theories, especially when I read how we are so subject to any Chinese whim.......financially, etc. Why kill off or even weaken someone whom you already have weakened so much ?

If this is plot, they have successfully drawn our attention from North Korea testing of missles, which continues unabated and is not discussed.

I honestly want to know the details on this, the WHYS.....HOW...WHEN. They did not do a good job in covering it up since we were aware months and months ago, and were warned a few years ago about the development of more pandemics I was not in on the briefings, but all I have heard is warning about how we are not prepared and should get prepared for any pandemic....they may have mentioned China......you have info on that part of this plan ?
Back in January, I read an article on Covid19 (i.e. more accurately, it should be called the Wuhan Virus) in a tech blog which did a spectral analysis of the virus. Some of it was over my head technically, but the gist was, while most components of the virus were natural, several were clearly man-made if you looked close enough. Based on my former life in the intel world, and what I knew about Chinese military capabilities, it raised my eyebrows and I made a mental note. Unfortunately, I didn’t keep a copy nor mark the link at the time. Can’t find it now when I search.

(By way of review, and something that hasn’t been focused on yet but will in the post-mortem, most of our political so-called leaders were focused on impeaching the President during the very period the Wuhan flu went viral and worldwide. Monumentally stupid in retrospect, but that’s a topic for another day.)

A couple of days ago, I was reminded of a thriller novel written in 1981 by Dean Koontz called “The Eyes of Darkness.” It’s rather freaky what he wrote about over almost 40 years ago, and when compared to what’s actually happening. The attached photo has the details. I can't vouch 100% for the photo's content and hope someone can prove it's a hoax.

IMO … the Wuhan virus is likely a bio-weapon. The main question is was it unleashed deliberately as part of a long-term supremacy strategy by China, or did they screw up and let it out accidentally. I think the latter is more likely.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	Koontz 1981.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	74.0 KB
ID:	83264  
Old 03-23-2020, 12:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Loving the wacko conspiracy theories.

It would be pretty stupid of the Chinese to develop a bio-weapon, with no known antidote and a mortality rate...in single digits.

And the Chinese are anything but...stupid.

As for Koontz's book...

Was Coronavirus Predicted in a 1981 Dean Koontz Novel?

Quote:
Mostly False

Last edited by ColdNoMore; 03-23-2020 at 12:32 PM.
Old 03-23-2020, 12:28 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexaninVA View Post
Back in January, I read an article on Covid19 (i.e. more accurately, it should be called the Wuhan Virus) in a tech blog which did a spectral analysis of the virus. Some of it was over my head technically, but the gist was, while most components of the virus were natural, several were clearly man-made if you looked close enough. Based on my former life in the intel world, and what I knew about Chinese military capabilities, it raised my eyebrows and I made a mental note. Unfortunately, I didn’t keep a copy nor mark the link at the time. Can’t find it now when I search.

(By way of review, and something that hasn’t been focused on yet but will in the post-mortem, most of our political so-called leaders were focused on impeaching the President during the very period the Wuhan flu went viral and worldwide. Monumentally stupid in retrospect, but that’s a topic for another day.)

A couple of days ago, I was reminded of a thriller novel written in 1981 by Dean Koontz called “The Eyes of Darkness.” It’s rather freaky what he wrote about over almost 40 years ago, and when compared to what’s actually happening. The attached photo has the details. I can't vouch 100% for the photo's content and hope someone can prove it's a hoax.

IMO … the Wuhan virus is likely a bio-weapon. The main question is was it unleashed deliberately as part of a long-term supremacy strategy by China, or did they screw up and let it out accidentally. I think the latter is more likely.
Not buying it. If this is a "bioweapon", it is the lousiest ever conceived and developed. It has a relatively low mortality rate, a long prodromal period, generally spread person to person, and has a predilection for older people

A bioweapon should hit hard and fast with a high mortality and affect mostly younger people--like those in the military and those that can fight back.
Old 03-23-2020, 12:30 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
Loving the wacko conspiracy theories.

It would be pretty stupid of the Chinese to develop a bio-weapon, with no known antidote and a mortality rate...in single digits.

And the Chinese are anything but...stupid.

As for Koontz's book...

Was Coronavirus Predicted in a 1981 Dean Koontz Novel?

Kind of like 9/11 and the subsequent anthrax scare was predicted by Tom Clancy in "Executive Orders"
Closed Thread

Tags
buying, people, worse, cleaned, warts

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.