Am I the only one that suspects?

Closed Thread
Old 03-24-2015, 06:43 AM
Veteran member

Money always reigns! Florida is becoming an urban sprawl....what happens if the baby boomers are no more? Will it matter? From Tampa and south past Sarasota new 'communities' are like wild fire.
Old 03-24-2015, 07:04 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

It was reported in the online news this morning that they are trying to buy land for 200 additional home north of 466A and East of 462 in Wildwood.

Let the whining begin.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 03-24-2015, 07:18 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,751 Times in 3,627 Posts

Nothing new here.
Old 03-24-2015, 07:19 AM
Sage

"who's to say" comes to mind when speculating about build-out ending.

Only the developer knows for sure, period.

With a whole lot of people retiring in the next several years and the demand continuing to be great, I can speculated, TV population will be 200,000?

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 03-24-2015, 08:37 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,211 Times in 350 Posts

I think as long as they continue to build the infrastructure (executive golf courses, rec. centers, etc). to support the new houses it's all good. Now, you have to get to a rec. center an hour early to participate in some activities. Plus it isn't always easy to get a tee time on executive courses. So I hope they continue to include golf courses and rec. centers as they add more homes.
Old 04-26-2015, 06:03 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,504 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjn5656 View Post
Why not? As long as they do a quality job, let him them keep building.

I so agree.
Old 04-26-2015, 06:59 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MnGirl View Post
I have been watching TV build for a long time now, and when someone talks of "the end" I just chuckle. I would love to use the words "for sure", but nothing is ever "for sure". The Villages in my opinion is on its way to Colman. There is electrical expansion going on down County Road 468, off of Cnty. Rd.44. Then, they are building a bridge over the turnpike (I believe to Village property). Now, in my opinion, that road wasn't that heavily traveled to spend that kind of money.
Also, the placement of Brownwood is too odd, if they weren't going to cross 44. I expect, not too far down Cnty Rd. 468 there will be another square. Time will tell, but if someone wants to put some money on it, I'd be willing.
Re expansion down Cty Rd 468....isn't that where the Villages supplied the land to get direct access to the turnpike for us?
Old 04-26-2015, 07:13 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanFL View Post
Interesting thought on the southern expansion of TV.

- Perhaps the long term goal of the Developer is to continue on building until we run into a Costco - to silence those that want one...

- Or even continue down to Disney, and have monorail access to each Village Square. The Villages would be renamed OldPeopleLand. 'courquse by then Park tickets would be $595 a day.

- And, if they do expand to Coleman (the Federal Penitentiary) would that facility become its own Village? 2,000 inmates/Villagers and their lots are very small... nice amenities tho.
Couldn't we be "Never Never Land" instead of "old people land"? It sounds a lot more optimistic.

Coleman can be "The Island for Bad Boys and Pirates". It won't be my favorite square but the music might be refreshing. I don't expect the buffet to be very appealing but it's a little too soon to complain.
Old 04-26-2015, 07:21 AM
Sage

I once was prepping for an argument of diminishing exec courses. I thought in 2007 there were more to pick from taking the population into consideration. People I was paired up with told me it was easy to get a tee off time or just walk on in 2007. But when I divided the population by the number of exec courses now and in 2007 the number was one exec course for 3,200 residents, now and then.

I think there are more golfers per population now then in 2007, not more residents per exec golf course.
Old 04-26-2015, 07:25 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MnGirl View Post
I have been watching TV build for a long time now, and when someone talks of "the end" I just chuckle. I would love to use the words "for sure", but nothing is ever "for sure". The Villages in my opinion is on its way to Colman. There is electrical expansion going on down County Road 468, off of Cnty. Rd.44. Then, they are building a bridge over the turnpike (I believe to Village property). Now, in my opinion, that road wasn't that heavily traveled to spend that kind of money.
Also, the placement of Brownwood is too odd, if they weren't going to cross 44. I expect, not too far down Cnty Rd. 468 there will be another square. Time will tell, but if someone wants to put some money on it, I'd be willing.
It's kinda like Cher's final tour she had one after another took years LOL
Old 04-26-2015, 08:08 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

My opinion (only, no facts to back it up) it that realtors have helped to fuel this "Build Out" myth by telling people they are showing homes to that "the build out is coming and that you had better buy a home while you have the opportunity". I seem to vaguely remember our realtor mentioning that when we were looking and I asked how big will TV get.
Old 04-26-2015, 08:27 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

As one who has some trepidation about a build out I say this:

uploadfromtaptalk1430054818337-jpg
Old 04-26-2015, 12:03 PM
Email Reported As Spam
Default I Believe The Wrong Question Is Being Addressed

There is no question that The Villages of Lake-Sumter, Inc. will continue to build, expand and re-build that's a given.

The more important question in my mind is what effect it will have "The Villages Lifestyle"? Will The Villages become so large and complex that it will no longer be able to function as it does now? We have all seen a business or two or three that have enjoyed quickly expanding in a thriving economy only to go bankrupt. While that won't happen to The Village I do believe The Village will lose much of its appeal from being over built.
Old 04-26-2015, 03:25 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrazorbackfan View Post
My opinion (only, no facts to back it up) it that realtors have helped to fuel this "Build Out" myth by telling people they are showing homes to that "the build out is coming and that you had better buy a home while you have the opportunity". I seem to vaguely remember our realtor mentioning that when we were looking and I asked how big will TV get.
Not to be a Pollyanna, but when realtors said/implied that, I think that's what they truly believed based on the facts they had at the time.
Old 04-26-2015, 04:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,504 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by naneiben View Post
Not to be a Pollyanna, but when realtors said/implied that, I think that's what they truly believed based on the facts they had at the time.

I agree.

AND God knows I have been called a Pollyanna. (and far worse)

Jim McLaughlin is someone who has sold us two houses and I trust his word, knowing him as we do, and he always says that the sales staff is told when the public is told of a new happening. I don't think it was planned, I really do think there was a build out that they were heading for, and they changed their minds.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.