Am I Safe in The Villages?

Closed Thread
Old 07-08-2020, 10:28 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,644 Times in 1,515 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marykschulz View Post
The Sun does not report crime issues. It is the “happy paper” of the developer that sells “Florida’s Friendliest Hometown”.
Perhaps those that are living out their twilight years prefer "Happy" news. On the other hand, you have that unmentionable online rag that caters to the left side, and highlights every mention of negative when it comes to the Villages. Makes one wonder why anyone would live in the Villages and read such trash. News at that website is headlines of anything bad happening in the Villages, and comments by hate mongers that move to the Villages and then disparage it every chance they get. They sound like closet anarchists.

When I came to The Villages to check it out, I was shocked at first by the folks that would stop and chat with me. Friendly almost like the Stepford movie, but real. Folks are still that way here. Most neighbors are friendly and willing to lend a hand to those in need. The only time I have seen a change in the attitude of Villagers is at the mention of something political. Then you either see some thoughtful discussions or to some, the mention of anything political results in an instant change into a demon possessed, Mr.Hyde that get vulgar, foaming at the mouth and spittle flying in their venomous cursing. And I will let you guess at which way those folks lean. They are the ones that usually produce vulgar political signs and curse at anyone that tries to have a mature discussion with them.
Otherwise, if a Villager sees you pulled over in your golf cart, they will generally stop to see if you need assistance. And dare I say it but if females are out and about by themselves, I doubt you will find a safer place to be. About the only concern anyone should have here is the possibility to run across a 'gator during mating season. Even the coyotes are likely to run in the opposite direction, unless you are walking a little TV diner around sundown in an area of their hunting grounds.
Avoid politics and you will never see a Villager transform into something nasty and negative. I challenge anyone to find another community this large that is "Friendlier."

Tags
safe, friendliest, america’s, villages, single

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.