Eisenhower rec center

Closed Thread
Old 11-15-2013, 05:58 PM
Veteran member
Default Eisenhower rec center

Absolutely Beautiful. Museum quality.
Old 11-15-2013, 06:16 PM
Sage

Yep, I agree.... took quite awhile to look over all the memorabilia in the various rooms.

First class decorating/furnishing job. The carpets and wood floors are beautiful.

A must see for Villagers and their guests.

Old 11-15-2013, 08:31 PM

I agree. What a tribute to our veterans!
Old 11-15-2013, 08:32 PM

It was a great experience just to go through the new Eisenhower Regional. The Villagers will be very proud of this new facility. As was said, It is museum status. I loved it.
Old 11-15-2013, 08:44 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Thank you Morse daughter who is in charge of decorating our beautiful rec centers(Tracy?). I enjoy ALL of the rec centers. Go around at Christmas time and look at all of the trees. Each is a work of art.

There is no place in this world that people have such beautiful places to meet and enjoy activities.

Some person once said to me that the Morses are greedy and my reply is to look at and to lift the card chairs in any of the rec centers. They give us the best and the most beautiful. They could have kept a great deal of money for themselves on the card chairs if they were greedy.

I so love it here.

I cannot wait to see this new one.
Old 11-15-2013, 09:12 PM

LIKE button pressed!
Old 11-16-2013, 09:13 AM
Sage

I wanted to see the Eisenhower Rec center but got sidetracked with other events/errands. I look forward to seeing it.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 11-16-2013, 10:39 AM

The Eisenhower Rec Center is a First Class project by The Villages made possible by the overwhelming generosity of many residents who donated what has to be prized personal keepsakes. All rooted in the dedication and bravery of many men and women who served our country ( and in many cases gave their lives ) in WWII and all of the other conflicts, so we could live the good life here in The Villages.

While there is far too much history to see on one quick trip, when you get the chance to visit make sure to go into the General George C Marshall room to the back wall on the right. There you will see an exhibit donated by Dennis Broedlin in memory of his father, Rudy Broedlin. This is a living reminder of the sacrifices made by many men , women and families so we can continue to enjoy our freedom.

If when you walk away from that exhibit you do not have a lump in your throat or a tear in your eye, should probably check to see if your heart is functioning properly. I know the next time I find something to complain about I will think of all of the men and women represented in this memorabilia. I may still complain ( particularly about the weather ) but I will certainly put that complaint in perspective.

Eisenhower Rec Center is a job well done by all.
Old 11-16-2013, 01:55 PM

Well worth the trip from wherever you live in The Villages. We truly felt as if we were in a museum. Kudos to the design department! What an amazing rec center!!
Old 11-16-2013, 02:11 PM
Veteran member

After reading these posts will have to take the golf cart out too see for myself.........will wait till it stops raining....!!
Retirement has been a discovery of beauty for me. I never had enough time before to truly appreciate the beauty of my grandchild, my wife, the tree outside my very own front door. And, the beauty of time itself.
Old 11-16-2013, 03:53 PM
Soaring Eagle member

It is magnificent and touching.

Thank you Morse family and all the families who volunteered their loved one's artifacts.

A major thank you goes out to all the veterans who have served this great country.
Old 11-16-2013, 04:23 PM
Sage

Just took a ride down to see what all the hoopla. I was expecting to be disappointed because people had raved about it but I was very pleasantly surprised. Extremely well done although I wonder what will happen to the mannequins upstairs...kind of dust collectors But absolutely fascinating and I would imagine it will be used with decorum. Perfect rainy day exploration trip.

Last edited by shcisamax; 11-17-2013 at 08:08 AM.
Old 11-16-2013, 06:18 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,354 Times in 2,392 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by shcisamax View Post
Just took a ride down to see what all the hoopla. I was expecting to be disappointed because people had it had raved about it but I was very pleasantly surprised. Extremely well done although I wonder what will happen to the mannequins upstairs...kind of dust collectors But absolutely fascinating and I would imagine it will be used with decorum. Perfect rainy day exploration trip.
Have you seen any rec centers that were dirty?
Old 11-16-2013, 07:53 PM
Sage

It really wasn't a sincere and weighty concern. If you notice, there is a smiley face after the sentence to denote it ISN'T SERIOUS.
Old 11-16-2013, 08:01 PM

I was particularly impressed with the collection of photos from 1918, and the numerous patches.
bhpenix0@gmail.com
LAST (Let's All S[ucceed/urvive/uffer/erve] Together)
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.