Amazed every day

Closed Thread
Old 05-19-2011, 06:51 PM

It was so ironic to see this thread! I just came back from my first trip back home "up north" since we moved down here at the end of December. It was cold and rainy all weekend there, and I froze the whole time. Yesterday when I was driving around TV, everything seemed so brilliant! It was almost dazzling. And it was warm!!!

Okay, maybe it's only been a few months for me, and maybe the newness hasn't worn off yet, but I still find TV really beautiful! (And did I mention warm?)

I do miss my family, but I sure was glad to be back here!
Old 05-19-2011, 10:42 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkr View Post
It was so ironic to see this thread! I just came back from my first trip back home "up north" since we moved down here at the end of December. It was cold and rainy all weekend there, and I froze the whole time. Yesterday when I was driving around TV, everything seemed so brilliant! It was almost dazzling. And it was warm!!!

Okay, maybe it's only been a few months for me, and maybe the newness hasn't worn off yet, but I still find TV really beautiful! (And did I mention warm?)....
"Dazzling" is the perfect word for it! When we go back up north to our former home, everything looks "drab", and the people look so much older than Villagers their age or older look.

Yes, TV is DAZZLING. And most residents appreciate it and acknowledge it often, trying to keep it pristine. Where else in the USA could you see 300 people get up from their chairs when the band ends at the town square, and there is not even one piece of trash on the ground? Nowhere.
Old 05-20-2011, 04:47 AM
Gold member

Love reading these posts! After two visits to TV last June and October my husband and I just knew this is where we will spend the next half of our lives. We absolutely loved how friendly and helpful everyone was. We loved how beautiful and well kept every road, golf course, town square, etc, etc, etc... Coming down for the month of July to find our next home. Can't hardly wait. Hope to meet you all someday!
Old 05-20-2011, 05:32 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by tainsley View Post
Love reading these posts! After two visits to TV last June and October my husband and I just knew this is where we will spend the next half of our lives. We absolutely loved how friendly and helpful everyone was. We loved how beautiful and well kept every road, golf course, town square, etc, etc, etc... Coming down for the month of July to find our next home. Can't hardly wait. Hope to meet you all someday!
Hope to meet you too, tainsley!

I love reading these posts as we are off campus right now. I miss the sweet sunshine on our lanai as I savor my morning coffee.

I miss the walkers early in the morning going down our street with their furry friends. I wish I could drive down my favorite vista, underneath the live oaks on Buena Vista near Clearwater Trail, it always gives me such a sense of peace, I always imagined heaven to look like that.

I miss the songs of the fifties, sixties and seventies played on the radio in every public place and I miss the returning smiles from people of about my age, give ten, fifteen years.

I miss the executive golf courses, playing my best, not as good as I was, but having much more fun, blaming the sandhill cranes for walking in my putting line!

I miss the art community who has welcomed me as I really have improved my skills...and at my age too! But don't call me Grandma anything, Moses or otherwise.

Because I am younger than springtime, happy as a clam, satisfied and more to live in the prettiest place and the nicest place I have ever run across.

I miss you.
Old 05-20-2011, 08:55 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMike View Post
I, like Ladydoc, am so glad to read this thread. My wife and I will be back in july and hopefully there full time by January. We were talking this morning as we were looking at the webcams of the squares and she asked me would it get old or change. I had her read this thread and we are both ecstatic about our choice of new home. Can't wait to smile everyday as we are driving around. thanks to all who posted here for making my day!! See you in July!!!!!
Hi, BigMike,

You aren't full-timers yet but you are wondering if living here will "get old or change"? I hope this helps! I am closing in on 13 years of full-time bliss in Florida's Friendliest Hometown. While I think I DO tend to take some things for granted now, living here will never become old hat. The Villages lifestyle is just too exciting to ever become boring. In fact, the older I get the happier I am that I found this place. When we first moved here I couldn't buy a pair of shoes nor could my husband buy a shirt in The Villages. Home Depot was in Ocala or Leesburg. Entertainment happened in a tent on Spanish Springs Town Square! Yet, despite what WASN'T here there was already so much more than in any other retirement communities we had visited. Your love for this place will not change, except to grow! The Villages changes around us but, for us, those changes have only added to the beauty of this place and provided us with yet more conveniences and experiences. After all of this time I still ride around in my golf cart with a big smile on my face! I am still amazed, I am in awe, and my love affair with this place grows deeper every day. I hope you get to enjoy many years in The Villages. There is nothing like it in the world. (That's me, waving at you as we pass in our golf carts!)

Last edited by VillagesFlorida; 05-20-2011 at 03:26 PM.
Old 05-20-2011, 02:58 PM
Veteran member
Location: Wheatfield, NY - next to Niagara Falls; Village of St. James

Quote:
Originally Posted by VillagesFlorida View Post
Hi, BigMike,

You aren't full-timers yet but you are wondering if living here will "get old or change"? I hope this helps! I am closing in on 13 years of full-time bliss in Florida's Friendliest Hometown. While I think I DO tend to take some things for granted now, living here will never become old hat. The Villages lifestyle is just too exciting to ever become boring. In fact, the older I get the happier I am that I found this place. When we first moved here I couldn't buy a pair of shoes nor could my husband buy a shirt in The Villages. Home Depot was in Ocala or Leesburg. Entertainment happened in a tent on Spanish Springs Town Square! Yet, despite what WASN'T here there was already so much more than in any other retirement communities we had visited. Your love for this place will not change, except to grow! The Villages changes around us but, for us, those changes have only added to the beauty of this place and provided us with yet more conveniences and experiences. After all of this time I still ride around in my golf cart with a big smile on my face! I am still amazed, I am in awe, and my love affair with this place grows deeper every day. I hope you get to enjoy many years in this place. There is nothing like it in the world. (That's me, waving at you as we pass in our golf carts!)
Between you, Villages Florida, and Gracie....TV doesn't need to advertise. I'm just sad that the world is coming to an end tomorrow because I can't get to TV by then to enjoy!
Old 05-20-2011, 03:33 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimdawg View Post
Between you, Villages Florida, and Gracie....TV doesn't need to advertise. I'm just sad that the world is coming to an end tomorrow because I can't get to TV by then to enjoy!
Don't worry Swimdawg,
If you miss the final episode, it will rerun on Dec. 21, 2012.

We won't tell you how it ended.
Old 05-20-2011, 03:47 PM

Thank you so much for the info.

13 years thats is great to live a dream for 13 years. We are on the way and can only hope we have our 13+ years living our dream

Thanks again thats me waving back!!!
Old 05-20-2011, 03:59 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pturner View Post
Don't worry Swimdawg,
If you miss the final episode, it will rerun on Dec. 21, 2012.

We won't tell you how it ended.
Awwww.....I wanna know. Please tell me

I think I have a lot of eating and partyin' to do before tomorrow. And maybe a quick visit to the Porsch dealer. A few hours driving around in a Porche will be a great way to go out.
Old 05-20-2011, 05:57 PM

I'm still pinching myself, I must be dreaming. I've only been here full time for six days. Nice to know it keeps getting better and better.
Old 05-20-2011, 08:07 PM
Sage
Default Coming full circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimdawg View Post
Awwww.....I wanna know. Please tell me

I think I have a lot of eating and partyin' to do before tomorrow. And maybe a quick visit to the Porsch dealer. A few hours driving around in a Porche will be a great way to go out.

Ok, it all ends... with a big bang.
Old 05-20-2011, 10:11 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMike View Post
Thank you so much for the info.

13 years thats is great to live a dream for 13 years. We are on the way and can only hope we have our 13+ years living our dream

Thanks again thats me waving back!!!
Here I go! Get ready to wave!

Old 05-21-2011, 05:02 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pturner View Post
Ok, it all ends... with a big bang.
Thanks for the heads up.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.