Amazed every day

Closed Thread
Old 05-18-2011, 06:09 PM
Default Amazed every day

We have lived here in the Villages at St Charles for about 9 months now. I thought that after driving up and down the same roads, day after day, some of the awe would lessen for how beautiful this place is.

The good news is that just the opposite is the case. We see new landscaping or birds every day or we see a familiar view in new lighting (early morning or late evening) that gives the view an entirely different look. The lighting can create a thousand different shades of green. The grass, the golf courses, the plants, the trees, the birds, and the alligators make every trip interesting.

We are also amazed at the amount of landscaping and the incredible effort needed to maintain it. There must be millions of landscaping plants. Once planted, there seems to be an army of people trimming each and every plant. It is also fun to see all the landscaping on the thousands of homes since each is different.

When you are out and about in your golf cart, don't forget to enjoy the view - each and every trip.
Old 05-18-2011, 06:15 PM

We have been here for 2 1/2 years and I still feel in awe of the beauty! We were just discussing how fortunate we were to find this place and that after living here, we could never go back. We have found our new "home" and love it!
Old 05-18-2011, 06:57 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

I'm with you. I've been here 4 years now and have yet to go a day when I'm out and about that I don't find something to make me smile. For me, the biggies are the Sandhill Cranes. I can sit and watch them for hours.

I always feel sorry for the snowbirds because they have to leave too soon. Late spring and early summer brings beautiful bursts of color to TV -- the flowers planted by TV landscaping and villagers; the trees in full bloom; the Villagers in their bursts of color as they drive around in their golf carts or walk the Squares (okay, some of those bursts of color aren't all that great, but they're fun to look at).

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 05-18-2011, 07:01 PM
Sage

I love reading these thoughts. Aw man, we can't wait to get there! October cannot come soon enough.

Pushing Fast Forward, but nothing is happening <sigh>
Old 05-18-2011, 07:05 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

I miss all of you and all of the pretty sights. Thank you for the good thoughts.
Old 05-18-2011, 07:09 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post
........Late spring and early summer brings beautiful bursts of color to TV -- ......
About the only 'bursts' we're seeing here in central OH are 'cloudbursts'!!! A bit of "April showers bring May flowers" stuff is fine but this seems to be dragging on forever! Local weather guy said yesterday that out of 137 days this year, we've had precipitation on 88 of them. Nice. Sure wish we could export some of it down to you-all in TV! Can't keep vehicles clean here. And all the rain sure makes it tough to keep up with the mowing......but everyone's yards really are green!!

There!! I feel better now. Time to get back on my meds.......

Bill
Old 05-18-2011, 07:11 PM
Sage

I've been here for almost 5 years and I'm still in awe of the beauty we see. It's amazing!

Enjoy, it will only get better.
Old 05-18-2011, 07:45 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Village of El Cortez. Before: Canada, NY, VA, AL, AK, NV, DE & France, Germany

Speaking of sandhill cranes, there is a mom, dad and baby right behind the hospice building on the recreational path. They are there everyday, and they are so lovely. So many carts zoom through that area and I worry about them being hit.
Old 05-18-2011, 08:54 PM
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimTony View Post
We have lived here in the Villages at St Charles for about 9 months now. I thought that after driving up and down the same roads, day after day, some of the awe would lessen for how beautiful this place is.

The good news is that just the opposite is the case. We see new landscaping or birds every day or we see a familiar view in new lighting (early morning or late evening) that gives the view an entirely different look. The lighting can create a thousand different shades of green. The grass, the golf courses, the plants, the trees, the birds, and the alligators make every trip interesting.

We are also amazed at the amount of landscaping and the incredible effort needed to maintain it. There must be millions of landscaping plants. Once planted, there seems to be an army of people trimming each and every plant. It is also fun to see all the landscaping on the thousands of homes since each is different.

When you are out and about in your golf cart, don't forget to enjoy the view - each and every trip.
Nice post, we own a house in St. Charles for the last 16 months but we have only spent about 6 weeks in TV. Good to hear it doesn't get old. I drive around my town in NJ which is a nice town but its not even close to being anything like The Villages. We are sneaking down for a quick weekend trip this Friday.
Old 05-18-2011, 09:01 PM
Sage

Hi JimTony,
The beauty is awesome. In addition to the wildlife and wonderful landscaping, part of the beauty is watching all the peeps out in their golf carts admiring the beauty!

Thanks for the fabulous post.
Old 05-18-2011, 09:10 PM
Sage
Default Same here

We feel the same way...newness has not worn off in 2 years. Every day, we say "I can't believe we're really here" or "This place is beautiful and so well kept".....or...."I must be dreaming!"

There's no place like this anywhere else. People who've never been here but form their own ideas of what it is anyway...have no idea what they're missing.
Old 05-19-2011, 06:21 AM
Sage

It is amazing. Not just everyday, but no less than a dozen times a day I see something that puts a smile on my face. I smile every night when we go to the pool to swim and see everyone there talking and exercising. I smile when I drive by the softball field on Paradise and see all the "seniors" playing softball like teenagers. I smile when I see someone set up fishing on the lake across from the dog park and remember fishing there with a full moon and my nephew.

The dog park is always another smile for me. I smile at the ducks in the lake across the cart bridge at Spanish Springs. The dancers in the Town Square always make me smile and tap my toes. I smile when I remember dancing there with my husband, my sister-in-laws, my girlfriend; and one night I danced with a random group of toddlers.

I'm smiling now thinking about playing golf later this morning with one of my wonderful neighbors from the cul-de-sac. Oh, I love this place and thank God everyday for my health and the blessings I found here.
Old 05-19-2011, 12:47 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimTony View Post

Thank you for this lovely post.

I once wondered if TV would yield a sameness after being ther for a while.

It is refreshing to hear that some people still marvel at how beautiful it is.
Old 05-19-2011, 01:21 PM
Gold member

I am so glad that I read this thread. Moving comes closer and closer..about 6 weeks now. I was starting to get a bit of fear and trepidation about moving. The familiar does have its appeals. However reading all of this made me even surer that Hubs and I are making the right move. I just pray that my health gets a little better so I can enjoy more of the things that there are to do. One step forward was that today I called an oncologist recommended to me and the office staff were so helpful and welcoming. That took a big load off my shoulders!!! Well, its back to packing and shredding. Its unbelievable how much paper work we have accumulated!!
Old 05-19-2011, 03:23 PM
Default Wow

I, like Ladydoc, am so glad to read this thread. My wife and I will be back in july and hopefully there full time by January. We were talking this morning as we were looking at the webcams of the squares and she asked me would it get old or change. I had her read this thread and we are both ecstatic about our choice of new home. Can't wait to smile everyday as we are driving around. thanks to all who posted here for making my day!! See you in July!!!!!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.