Amazon Prime- not 2 Days?

Closed Thread
Old 01-09-2021, 09:56 PM
Default Amazon Prime- not 2 Days?

Hello fellow Villagers! For years Amazon Prime has conditioned me to expect whatever my little heart desires on my doorstep in 48 hours. I snowbird myself
Down to my new home in Mallory in early November. Nothing from the big A comes in two days!
In Ohio, Chicago, Dallas and Minnesota I got deliveries in two days or less. Now it’s is 3-7 days. I continue to pay my prime dues. Why has Amazon forsaken The Villages? I fully and 1000% respect USPS and UPS and FedEx and their amazing logistics. But why nothing faster in our little
Bubble?
Old 01-09-2021, 10:18 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,022 Times in 5,323 Posts

Deliveries are all over the map.

Some next day now waiting for monitor and will take about 30 days to arrive
Old 01-09-2021, 10:36 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

So far our shipments show up as published on the page I order from. Sometimes 1 day, sometimes 3 days sometimes more but they arrive when they say they will. I found I do need to look at that information when we order.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 01-09-2021, 10:40 PM
John41

Quote:
Originally Posted by RouseysMom View Post
Hello fellow Villagers! For years Amazon Prime has conditioned me to expect whatever my little heart desires on my doorstep in 48 hours. I snowbird myself
Down to my new home in Mallory in early November. Nothing from the big A comes in two days!
In Ohio, Chicago, Dallas and Minnesota I got deliveries in two days or less. Now it’s is 3-7 days. I continue to pay my prime dues. Why has Amazon forsaken The Villages? I fully and 1000% respect USPS and UPS and FedEx and their amazing logistics. But why nothing faster in our little
Bubble?

Havent had Prime in a couple of years since they raised the annual fee, but did get 2 days or worst 3 almost always when i had it.
Old 01-10-2021, 07:21 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,656 Times in 938 Posts

I get some things the next day. Others in two or three days. Some things much longer.

It depends on whether or not, and where, the item is warehoused.
Old 01-10-2021, 07:39 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Bubble?
It's not The Villages.

It's UPS/Fedex and USPS.

The volume of packages they moved in the last 45 days is insane. I am still working for a few more months and my company ships millions of packages a year, mostly through UPS. We got notices in early December that no deliveries were guaranteed. In fact, we were told that even UPS red packages, highest priority shipped after the 19th would not be guaranteed by Christmas.

We also do USPS mailings that include samples, those go out 3rd class. USPS told us that nothing after Dec 1 was going to move, so we held everything back, still are in fact. What you see in this picture, wrapped up in plastic in the lower right, is probably 300,000 customer samples that are being held because USPS can't move them.

This situation should clear up in the next 30 days or so, but some USPS parcels from mid December have yet to be delivered.

1st class mail is almost caught up now.

In 2019 when we were outfitting our Villa, I was having no issues with 2nd day from Prime.

Everyone staying home in the Pandemic really tossed a spanner into the works.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	samples.jpg
Views:	448
Size:	152.8 KB
ID:	87640  
Old 01-10-2021, 08:35 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

If it’s coming Amazon truck I get in 1-2 days. If it’s coming FedEx, it’s 2 days.
UPS 3-5 days.

USPS it show up sometimes in the next 30 days
Old 01-10-2021, 09:22 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,658 Times in 592 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelegges View Post
If it’s coming Amazon truck I get in 1-2 days. If it’s coming FedEx, it’s 2 days.
UPS 3-5 days.

USPS it show up sometimes in the next 30 days
Affirmative on that
Old 01-10-2021, 05:28 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Sorry for your issues. Now I feel really fortunate that all of my Amazon Prime deliveries were delivered in the promised 2 days either by USPS, UPS or FedEx service. Even the replacement item came on schedule. And it was so convenient to be able to use Kohl's Amazon return service for that broken plate - especially receiving their 25% off coupon with same!

Old 01-10-2021, 07:04 PM
Platinum member

We had a shipment delivered by Amazon last week. When tracking it showed being delivered to our “postal locker” at 6:01pm. Amazon delivered the package in 2 days. Of course there was no one at that time of day at the postal center. I am thinking it was delivered to the Lady Lake Post Office and they delivered it the next day.
Old 01-10-2021, 07:31 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 2,008 Times in 440 Posts

Just pay attention you your order information....it always says when it should arrive. Any other info is just sour apples.
Old 01-10-2021, 10:48 PM

I just checked my Amazon past mont's orders and I have 28 orders since Dec 1st and all but one has been delivered on time which has been from 1 to 3 days as per the item when I checked out. Some "non-prime" items state "free prime member delivery" but not PRIME delivery. The items always shows the delivery date. The one that was not on time was a 2nd Day UPS shipment that traveled from Atlanta to here, back to Atlanta, then to Kentucky, then up to New York,, then back to Atlanta and around and around for almost a week. Finally got here and it was destroyed by a rain storm while it was on the UPS Golf Cart Christmas delivery truck. It contained 2 hard paper material prepaid cellular cards that was totally destroyed.
Old 01-10-2021, 11:11 PM
Platinum member

Not all prime is guaranteed 2 day delivery. Still beats my 15 day FedEx delivery from Chicago which also went to two places in Texas, two places in North Carolina plus Georgia before arriving in Florida.
Old 01-11-2021, 09:31 AM
Default Pandemic caused this

Quote:
Bubble?
The change happened due to the pandemic. So many more people were ordering stuff that it overwhelmed UPS and Amazon. They had a system set to deliver x number of packages a day, and now the demand was much more than x. The whole supply chain has been stretched, suppliers to Amazon were also under pressure.

I have ordered a few things that have arrived in 2 days and I have no idea why, unless it was in a very local warehouse.

I do suspect though they won't go back to 2 day delivery, as we have now gotten use to 3 or 4 days. Also, UPS does not deliver on Sundays here in the villages (and maybe everywhere).
Closed Thread

Tags
days, amazon, prime, conditioned, forsaken

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.