Amenity Fee Deferral Rate

Closed Thread
Old 02-22-2019, 08:17 AM
Default Amenity Fee Deferral Rate

I keep seeing this phrase show up in different places. Does someone know what it means? Is there a large jump in amenity fees being considered?

Thank You
Old 02-22-2019, 08:26 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,361 Times in 2,394 Posts

Amenity Fees
Old 02-23-2019, 05:35 AM
Veteran member
Send a message via MSN to Bryan

There is no "being considered" increase. There is a "currently being implemented" increase. Was it large? Your call - it went from $155/month max to $159/month max. Need more real info? There is a joint PWAC/AAC meeting on this subject in March, March 23rd I think but not sure, at the Savannah Center. Get details from the newspaper and attend.
Old 02-28-2019, 10:36 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,511 Times in 710 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
There is no "being considered" increase. There is a "currently being implemented" increase. Was it large? Your call - it went from $155/month max to $159/month max. Need more real info? There is a joint PWAC/AAC meeting on this subject in March, March 23rd I think but not sure, at the Savannah Center. Get details from the newspaper and attend.
The $159 rate only applies to new and resale purchases since October, it is not an increase that is applied to anyone else. If you purchased your home before October 2018 then deferral rate will limit your monthly amenity fee to $155/month and the $159 rate has no impact on you.
www.goldwingnut.com
YouTube –YouTube.com/GoldWingnut and YouTube.com/GoldWingnutProductions
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero
Society is produced by our wants, and government by wickedness; the former promotes our happiness positively by uniting our affections, the latter negatively by restraining our vices. - Thomas Paine, 1/10/1776
Old 02-28-2019, 11:11 AM
Email Reported As Spam
Default Fees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakley View Post
I keep seeing this phrase show up in different places. Does someone know what it means? Is there a large jump in amenity fees being considered?

Thank You
Hi, we just talked to a lucky couple who sold their home, moving on and they said this: "You will be amazed at what these people here are planning for you. Better get going now""
Probably true, sadly. Have found out a few surprises already

Old 03-01-2019, 06:19 AM

Thank You
Old 03-01-2019, 07:13 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Just what I like Doom & Gloom with my morning coffee and then no answer as to what's coming !
Old 03-01-2019, 08:26 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,511 Times in 710 Posts

Like JoMar said, unless you're part of the inner circle you have no idea what is coming as far as future construction. If you want to know what is coming with the amenities fees attend the PWAC, AAC, SLCDD, and VCCDD meetings were the issues are discussed and decided. See the previous discussion Amenity fees increase

The chronic complainers on this website continue to make stuff up to feed their own misery. "You will be amazed at what these people here are planning for you. Better get going now." is just more sour grapes, probably another of those that didn't bother to read the documents at closing and were shocked that they got turned in for a deed restrictions violation when they put their 200 piece gnome family out in the front yard. Do use all a big favor and just leave if you're so unhappy.
www.goldwingnut.com
YouTube –YouTube.com/GoldWingnut and YouTube.com/GoldWingnutProductions
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero
Society is produced by our wants, and government by wickedness; the former promotes our happiness positively by uniting our affections, the latter negatively by restraining our vices. - Thomas Paine, 1/10/1776
Old 03-01-2019, 04:52 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldwingnut View Post
Like JoMar said, unless you're part of the inner circle you have no idea what is coming as far as future construction. If you want to know what is coming with the amenities fees attend the PWAC, AAC, SLCDD, and VCCDD meetings were the issues are discussed and decided. See the previous discussion Amenity fees increase

The chronic complainers on this website continue to make stuff up to feed their own misery. "You will be amazed at what these people here are planning for you. Better get going now." is just more sour grapes, probably another of those that didn't bother to read the documents at closing and were shocked that they got turned in for a deed restrictions violation when they put their 200 piece gnome family out in the front yard. Do use all a big favor and just leave if you're so unhappy.

Personally, I find it hard to fathom those who prescribe the attitude of: "If you don't agree with me...you should move."

Lots of us like living here and have no intention of moving (GO FROGS! ), yet that doesn't mean we don't have the same rights to criticize, as those who seem to have visceral knee-jerk reactions to any criticism of 'Da Family'...or some of their rules/regulations.

And yes, we've all agreed to abide by them and I'm one who believes that everyone...should abide by them.

To the point in fact, where I don't even care if it's just nosy busybodies driving around with nothing better to do (instead of only neighbors)...who are reporting said violations.
Old 03-01-2019, 10:10 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
Personally, I find it hard to fathom those who prescribe the attitude of: "If you don't agree with me...you should move."

Lots of us like living here and have no intention of moving (GO FROGS! ), yet that doesn't mean we don't have the same rights to criticize, as those who seem to have visceral knee-jerk reactions to any criticism of 'Da Family'...or some of their rules/regulations.

And yes, we've all agreed to abide by them and I'm one who believes that everyone...should abide by them.

To the point in fact, where I don't even care if it's just nosy busybodies driving around with nothing better to do (instead of only neighbors)...who are reporting said violations.
I don't disagree that we can criticize but that criticism should be based on fact and not emotion and it should be through the channels that have been established so maybe that criticism can make a difference. There are those on here and the online news site that criticize for the sake of criticism with no facts or investigation of the facts. I also opine on how many that comment even live here. To me, if you aren't part of the solution you are the problem and really should consider if you make the right choice by coming here.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 03-01-2019, 10:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
I don't disagree that we can criticize but that criticism should be based on fact and not emotion and it should be through the channels that have been established so maybe that criticism can make a difference. There are those on here and the online news site that criticize for the sake of criticism with no facts or investigation of the facts. I also opine on how many that comment even live here. To me, if you aren't part of the solution you are the problem and really should consider if you make the right choice by coming here.
I do agree that it seems to be very popular these days, to make decisions and have opinions...based on emotion and totally contrary to the facts.
Old 03-01-2019, 11:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
I do agree that it seems to be very popular these days, to make decisions and have opinions...based on emotion and totally contrary to the facts.
And and... the person to whom you were referring in your former post also stated in the past that he was outta here. So I don't get why he cares.
Old 03-02-2019, 08:38 AM
TOTV Moderator

Back to the topic about amenity fee....
Old 03-02-2019, 11:14 AM
Email Reported As Spam
Default Fees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakley View Post

Thank You
Answer. Have you seen the large amount of homes for sale, and have you seen the price drops?? A Message there?

Old 03-02-2019, 11:16 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,361 Times in 2,394 Posts

No.

Tags
amenity, means, large, considered, jump

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.