Amenity Fees

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors




















» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Reply
Thread Tools
  #16  
Old 05-21-2020, 06:09 AM
RealJudy RealJudy is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 17
Thanks: 1
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Amenity fees can be adjusted based on the CPI. They would be adjusted on the anniversary date of the original sale of the home site, not your purchase date.
  #17  
Old 05-21-2020, 06:20 AM
Timothyimitchell Timothyimitchell is online now
Junior Member
Join Date: Apr 2020
Posts: 23
Thanks: 0
Thanked 48 Times in 10 Posts
Default

Lots of bang for your buck at 160 bucks.
  #18  
Old 05-21-2020, 06:22 AM
doodles doodles is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 5
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Default

My amenities fee went up an average of $2 per year in the 7 years I’ve owned my house.
  #19  
Old 05-21-2020, 06:38 AM
theruizs theruizs is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 275
Thanks: 68
Thanked 178 Times in 102 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by egmcaninch View Post
We have been in TV (Fenney) for almost 2 years & have NO regrets! The shuffleboard courts at Spanish Moss have been in rough shape for months. I noticed that Everglades had weeds & ant piles on the Bocci Ball courts. Then I saw that several areas will be closed for maintenance after we have started to open back up. I don't fully understand why maintenance did not take place when people could not use the amenities. How is that coordinated?
Perhaps it was the stay at home order/request and/or the closure of non-essential business.
  #20  
Old 05-21-2020, 09:33 AM
HappyRetired HappyRetired is offline
Member
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Rio Grande
Posts: 50
Thanks: 3
Thanked 20 Times in 15 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by egmcaninch View Post
We have been in TV (Fenney) for almost 2 years & have NO regrets! The shuffleboard courts at Spanish Moss have been in rough shape for months. I noticed that Everglades had weeds & ant piles on the Bocci Ball courts. Then I saw that several areas will be closed for maintenance after we have started to open back up. I don't fully understand why maintenance did not take place when people could not use the amenities. How is that coordinated?
There is a schedule for all maintenance. From what I've seen of the partial list of things done, Property Management accelerated some work that would have required multi-day closings. Plus they took the time to do extensive cleaning. You can go to districtgov.org and ask when the scheduled maintenance is for Everglades courts. It may be that it's soon so they didn't move it up. Or, at least report the condition and they will look at it and remediate.
  #21  
Old 05-21-2020, 02:20 PM
CWGUY's Avatar
CWGUY CWGUY is offline
Sage
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,195
Thanks: 1,837
Thanked 738 Times in 368 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by doodles View Post
My amenities fee went up an average of $2 per year in the 7 years I’ve owned my house.
I'd make a wager you mean "a month".

My amenities fee in 5/2013 were $139.11 and are now $155 per month.
__________________
__________________________________________________
Trying To Understand Some People Is Like Trying To Smell The Color 9

Everytime you feel yourself getting pulled into other people's nonsense, repeat these words: NOT MY CIRCUS - NOT MY MONKEYS
  #22  
Old 05-21-2020, 03:04 PM
Timothyimitchell Timothyimitchell is online now
Junior Member
Join Date: Apr 2020
Posts: 23
Thanks: 0
Thanked 48 Times in 10 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWGUY View Post
I'd make a wager you mean "a month".

My amenities fee in 5/2013 were $139.11 and are now $155 per month.
We really are not complaining,over 20 buck a year are we? Compare!
  #23  
Old 05-21-2020, 03:56 PM
CWGUY's Avatar
CWGUY CWGUY is offline
Sage
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,195
Thanks: 1,837
Thanked 738 Times in 368 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothyimitchell View Post
We really are not complaining,over 20 buck a year are we? Compare!
Not complaining at all..... and as far as compare goes..... I did years ago and that is why we moved here. Been here almost 16 years. FULL TIME - NOT A VACATION DESTINATION - NOT A GOLF DESTINATION..... OUR HOME.

Like a lot of posts here, there was a little misinformation I wanted to correct."Month" not "year". Not all people do their homework and then they come here to complain. Didn't want that to happen. I was basically agreeing with the poster I was quoting, he said " amenities fee went up an average of $2 per year in the 7 years" that would have been $14. I said mine went up $15 and change in the last 7 years. That's a deal in my books!
__________________
__________________________________________________
Trying To Understand Some People Is Like Trying To Smell The Color 9

Everytime you feel yourself getting pulled into other people's nonsense, repeat these words: NOT MY CIRCUS - NOT MY MONKEYS
  #24  
Old 05-21-2020, 07:56 PM
OrangeBlossomBaby OrangeBlossomBaby is offline
Sage
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 2,655
Thanks: 1,440
Thanked 1,471 Times in 482 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWGUY View Post
Not complaining at all..... and as far as compare goes..... I did years ago and that is why we moved here. Been here almost 16 years. FULL TIME - NOT A VACATION DESTINATION - NOT A GOLF DESTINATION..... OUR HOME.

Like a lot of posts here, there was a little misinformation I wanted to correct."Month" not "year". Not all people do their homework and then they come here to complain. Didn't want that to happen. I was basically agreeing with the poster I was quoting, he said " amenities fee went up an average of $2 per year in the 7 years" that would have been $14. I said mine went up $15 and change in the last 7 years. That's a deal in my books!
It's confusing semantics.
If it goes up $2/month..

In January it's 160
In February it's 160 + 2 = 162
In March it's 162 + 2 = 164
In April it's 164 + 2 = 166
and so on.

If you mean it was a $2 increase in the monthly payment - it'd be a $24 increase for 2020. But it wouldn't be a $24 yearly increase for the same reason as above:
2020 would be $24 increase
2021 would be the previous year's payment plus $24
2022 would be the previous year's payment plus $24.

And so on.

Hopefully though people all know what everyone MEANT, and didn't try to take the words literally.
  #25  
Old 05-22-2020, 07:54 AM
Shutterbug Shutterbug is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 3
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toymeister View Post
To be precise they increase at the rate set by the Consumer Price Index.

The CPI has several indexes. The CPI-U is used, U for urban. It tends to track slightly higher than other CPI rates.
Wrong. The fees increase 3% every year regardless of CPI.
  #26  
Old 05-22-2020, 02:24 PM
Goldwingnut's Avatar
Goldwingnut Goldwingnut is offline
Veteran member
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Village of Hillsborough
Posts: 847
Thanks: 398
Thanked 570 Times in 122 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shutterbug View Post
Wrong. The fees increase 3% every year regardless of CPI.
I recommend you read your deed restrictions, it is a CPI adjustment, has been for 30+ years here in The Villages. It is not and has never been a flat 3% increase.

I review and approve these budgets every year for the last 6 years, unlike most, I know and understand were the money comes from and where it goes, and the developer isn't involved in the process, decisions, or control of any part of the process.
__________________
GoldWingNut
(a motorcycle enthusiast not a gilded fastener)
Village of Hillsborough
YouTube –tinyurl.com/GWNP-01 tinyurl.com/GWNP-02
www.goldwingnut.com
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero
Society is produced by our wants, and government by wickedness; the former promotes our happiness positively by uniting our affections, the latter negatively by restraining our vices.
Thomas Paine, 1/10/1776
  #27  
Old 05-22-2020, 06:46 PM
Bogie Shooter Bogie Shooter is offline
Sage
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 14,148
Thanks: 2
Thanked 784 Times in 402 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shutterbug View Post
Wrong. The fees increase 3% every year regardless of CPI.
You been here a long time and make a statement like this? Where did you get your information?
__________________
The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it. George Orwell.
“Only truth and transparency can guarantee freedom”, John McCain
  #28  
Old 05-22-2020, 07:00 PM
CWGUY's Avatar
CWGUY CWGUY is offline
Sage
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,195
Thanks: 1,837
Thanked 738 Times in 368 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
You been here a long time and make a statement like this? Where did you get your information?
My guess would be he may have read that misinformation right here.
__________________
__________________________________________________
Trying To Understand Some People Is Like Trying To Smell The Color 9

Everytime you feel yourself getting pulled into other people's nonsense, repeat these words: NOT MY CIRCUS - NOT MY MONKEYS
  #29  
Old 05-22-2020, 07:12 PM
dewilson58's Avatar
dewilson58 dewilson58 is offline
Sage
Join Date: May 2013
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Posts: 5,788
Thanks: 162
Thanked 1,624 Times in 686 Posts
Default

People, People, People................the ShutterBUG is showing the BUG in ToTV. You can create an ID and post date the born-on date. "Been here a long time" and a few posts......NOT. Jus a lot of newbies and very sas in 2020.





Read quickly, won't last long.
__________________
Mr. Distance
  #30  
Old 05-22-2020, 07:42 PM
Marathon Man Marathon Man is offline
Gold member
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 1,236
Thanks: 2
Thanked 635 Times in 254 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shutterbug View Post
Wrong. The fees increase 3% every year regardless of CPI.
Well, if you are going to start off with "wrong", your next statement should be correct.
Reply

Tags
amenity, fees, year, limit, percentage

Thread Tools

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:23 PM.