Amenity fees increase

Closed Thread
Old 10-15-2018, 01:06 PM

I live in The Village of Santo Domingo and my AMENITY FEE has been $155.00 for over a year. It was 135.00 6 years ago. In my opinion it is worth every penny.
Old 10-15-2018, 02:06 PM
Veteran member

Spot on
Old 10-15-2018, 02:13 PM

We saw the first increase in our fee's before the 1st anniversary. We have had 2 increase's and won't have 2nd anniversary until January 2019. But not complaining I honestly feel the fee's are reasonable for what is available for use.
Old 10-15-2018, 02:27 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRetired View Post
The Developer does not spend our amenity fees. The CDD's are the government body that spends maintenance fees. The AAC (north of 466) or the PWAC (south of 466) spends amenity fees. Stop blaming the developer for everything. There are brief explanations of CDDs in the Daily Sun (if you subscribe) or you can attend a free class any Thursday at 10 AM at the District Offices. I see a lot of misinformation here. Let's get accurate in what we post.
However the PWAC has only an advisory role in making recommendations to the Sumter Landing CDD, which (surprise) is made up solely of developer appointees. So far this has worked ok in that the SLCDD seems to listen to the recommendation of the PWAC. But residents have no direct control over how our amenity fees are actually spent. This is done by a board appointed and controlled by the developer.

I would suggest you re-take the free class since you're clearly unaware of who actually controls what.
Old 10-15-2018, 03:30 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,254 Times in 425 Posts

I moved to TV from a townhouse in MA that is HOA controlled. My word to God, this is a much nicer system. Plus, it's more economical. I'm staying here.
Old 10-15-2018, 05:08 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,511 Times in 710 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kansasr View Post
However the PWAC has only an advisory role in making recommendations to the Sumter Landing CDD, which (surprise) is made up solely of developer appointees. So far this has worked ok in that the SLCDD seems to listen to the recommendation of the PWAC. But residents have no direct control over how our amenity fees are actually spent. This is done by a board appointed and controlled by the developer.

I would suggest you re-take the free class since you're clearly unaware of who actually controls what.
You are correct on both statements, PWAC is advisory only and SLCDD is controlled by the developer. To date SLCDD has never overridden PWAC on any decision and the resolution that empowers PWAC for amenities oversight includes a clause to require a joint meeting of both if there is a different action taken by SLCDD over the PWAC recommendation. Overriding PWAC is a card they can play only once, after that PWAC becomes useless to them as their scapegoat.
www.goldwingnut.com
YouTube –YouTube.com/GoldWingnut and YouTube.com/GoldWingnutProductions
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero
Society is produced by our wants, and government by wickedness; the former promotes our happiness positively by uniting our affections, the latter negatively by restraining our vices. - Thomas Paine, 1/10/1776
Old 10-15-2018, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioBuckeye View Post
You know we should of all known this would happen as the Villages gets older, even though they're still building the other homes are getting older & the older they get more things that TV take care of gets older too & break down. Amenities will continue to go up no matter what anybody thinks. Personally we're moving, not because of amenities, because of family. Where we are moving to the amenities are $180. a monthe BUT we don't pay for Cable TV or Internet Service & right now I'm paying $160.76 a month so my amenities are only $20. a month. I know everybody has their own ideas about Amenities for one reason or another. Amenities will keep going up whether you think so or not & pre owned home prices will come down also. I don't approve or disapprove of the Amenity increases because eventually I won't be living here. TV is a great place to live but they are just as nice of places to live.
Where are you going?
Old 10-15-2018, 06:33 PM
Email Reported As Spam
Default Fees

When you "belong" to a "Structured Community", you will find that you may be surprised, now and then on expenses.
Living here, look around and you will probably find some things you do not like. Your options are this:
1. You can go to the Villages meetings and express your feelings
2. You can sell and move elsewhere
3. You can go fishing or play Pool or Swim or hit the Watering Holes.

Relax, it is what it is.
Old 10-15-2018, 06:51 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,656 Times in 938 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kansasr View Post

"So far this has worked ok". Yes it has. And there is every reason to believe that it will continue to do so.

Last edited by Marathon Man; 10-15-2018 at 07:03 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
increase, amenity, fees, ideas, significant

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.