Amenity fees increase

Closed Thread
Old 10-13-2018, 08:16 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,511 Times in 710 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelegges View Post
Ours amenity fee went up on 1 house but not on other 2. I have no rhyme or reason as to why
The date of the increase depends on the anniversary date of the purchase. If you buy your house in March, you should see the CPI increase in April.
www.goldwingnut.com
YouTube –YouTube.com/GoldWingnut and YouTube.com/GoldWingnutProductions
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero
Society is produced by our wants, and government by wickedness; the former promotes our happiness positively by uniting our affections, the latter negatively by restraining our vices. - Thomas Paine, 1/10/1776
Old 10-13-2018, 08:26 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldwingnut View Post
The date of the increase depends on the anniversary date of the purchase. If you buy your house in March, you should see the CPI increase in April.
One in April no increase, one in November increase in July this year. last once in December no increase Yet
Old 10-13-2018, 08:57 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,511 Times in 710 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
Never let the inmates run the asylum!
I always love this comment, I would think that as long as you've been here you'd understand how the CDDs are run and who is on them. It's a very common knowledge gap of most here in The Villages.

A few facts on the Supervisors and other elected officials here in The Villages and running this little asylum.
In Districts 1-9 all 5 supervisors on each board are residents of their respective districts and resident elected.
In District 10 all 5 supervisors are residents of CDD10, 4 are resident elected and 1 is land owner elected. This changes to 5 resident elected on 6 November.
District 12 has 5 land owner elected supervisors, 2 of these will be residents & resident elected on 6 November.
District 11 has 5 land owner elected supervisors and will not have resident elected supervisors until the district has been in existence for 6 years, the other criteria of 250 registered voters has been met.
NSCUDD has 7 resident elected officials all of whom are residents of their respective districts plus one "at large" supervisor.
The PWAC is composed of resident elected supervisors from each of the district 5 through 11 CDD boards and are responsible for both the project wide maintenance and operations as well as the amenities.
The 3 commercial CDDs and the AAC are land owner elected.

So as you can see almost all of the people running this asylum are the inmates.

A more disturbing fact, 34 of 62 of these elected officials are up for reelection on 6 November, of these 34, 25 are running unopposed, only 9 seats are running in competitive races. A very sad level of community involvement for a community with so much talent and people with time on their hands. Is this because these supervisors are doing such a great job? Reading the posts from this and on the "other" website, that does not appear the case. Could it be that the posters have more digital courage than real courage to standup and do something for their community beyond just complaining? The latter is the more likely explanation.

I am one of these inmates that is running this asylum.
www.goldwingnut.com
YouTube –YouTube.com/GoldWingnut and YouTube.com/GoldWingnutProductions
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero
Society is produced by our wants, and government by wickedness; the former promotes our happiness positively by uniting our affections, the latter negatively by restraining our vices. - Thomas Paine, 1/10/1776
Old 10-13-2018, 10:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldwingnut View Post
I always love this comment, I would think that as long as you've been here you'd understand how the CDDs are run and who is on them. It's a very common knowledge gap of most here in The Villages.

A few facts on the Supervisors and other elected officials here in The Villages and running this little asylum.
In Districts 1-9 all 5 supervisors on each board are residents of their respective districts and resident elected.
In District 10 all 5 supervisors are residents of CDD10, 4 are resident elected and 1 is land owner elected. This changes to 5 resident elected on 6 November.
District 12 has 5 land owner elected supervisors, 2 of these will be residents & resident elected on 6 November.
District 11 has 5 land owner elected supervisors and will not have resident elected supervisors until the district has been in existence for 6 years, the other criteria of 250 registered voters has been met.
NSCUDD has 7 resident elected officials all of whom are residents of their respective districts plus one "at large" supervisor.
The PWAC is composed of resident elected supervisors from each of the district 5 through 11 CDD boards and are responsible for both the project wide maintenance and operations as well as the amenities.
The 3 commercial CDDs and the AAC are land owner elected.

So as you can see almost all of the people running this asylum are the inmates.

A more disturbing fact, 34 of 62 of these elected officials are up for reelection on 6 November, of these 34, 25 are running unopposed, only 9 seats are running in competitive races. A very sad level of community involvement for a community with so much talent and people with time on their hands. Is this because these supervisors are doing such a great job? Reading the posts from this and on the "other" website, that does not appear the case. Could it be that the posters have more digital courage than real courage to standup and do something for their community beyond just complaining? The latter is the more likely explanation.

I am one of these inmates that is running this asylum.
And on Nov 6 you will be supported by those of us that appreciate your service.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 10-13-2018, 10:30 PM
Platinum member

Yes, it is tied to the CPI. Just so you know, ours went DOWN in 2009. That is the only time that has happened, though, since we moved in in 2004. I hope it doesn't go down again, because that will mean our economy is down. Personally, I prefer a strong economy.
Amarillo, TX
The Villages, FL

To quote my dad:
"I never did see a board that didn't have two sides."
Old 10-13-2018, 10:39 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet10s View Post
i feel that fees are increasing because we have little if any control over how the developer spends our money -- can anyone tell me why Colony Rec Center had to be all refurbished and with expensive new furniture -- so the sales reps can show off this center which is close to 466 -- also -- what the 1 million dollar repairs to the bridge on morse blvd -- I think we have government without representation
Each CD District elects its representatives from its own district. How about if you run to represent yours?
Amarillo, TX
The Villages, FL

To quote my dad:
"I never did see a board that didn't have two sides."
Old 10-14-2018, 12:14 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dillywho View Post
Each CD District elects its representatives from its own district. How about if you run to represent yours?
I think that it may be that these folks are simply too busy hanging out and carping on that " other site " to entertain such a commitment .
Old 10-15-2018, 05:53 AM
Veteran member

Easy, so we can continue to have a first class retirement community. The amenity fee is a bargain for all we have access to.
Old 10-15-2018, 06:22 AM

We live in Marion co, listed our home, bought another one a block away in TV. Advised by agent that ours was going up too.
Old 10-15-2018, 06:39 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,351 Times in 2,390 Posts

As it should, by the formula.
Old 10-15-2018, 06:41 AM

I really don't understand why soooo many people who live in and enjoy The Villages amenities, if they pay them, complain about the modest HOA and Maint. Fees they pay. You cannot go anywhere, anywhere and find this lifestyle for the price you are paying. If you feel you can't afford the fees just move. Move somewhere where they don't finish building out, leave the area to the homeowners to take care of, go bankrupt before their obligations to the HOA is fulfilled. I can guarantee you won't find another area as clean, well cared for, as safe and with all you need right at your fingertips. So, please stop making complete fools of yourselves trying to encourage others to join you.
Old 10-15-2018, 07:41 AM
Soaring Eagle member

You know we should of all known this would happen as the Villages gets older, even though they're still building the other homes are getting older & the older they get more things that TV take care of gets older too & break down. Amenities will continue to go up no matter what anybody thinks. Personally we're moving, not because of amenities, because of family. Where we are moving to the amenities are $180. a monthe BUT we don't pay for Cable TV or Internet Service & right now I'm paying $160.76 a month so my amenities are only $20. a month. I know everybody has their own ideas about Amenities for one reason or another. Amenities will keep going up whether you think so or not & pre owned home prices will come down also. I don't approve or disapprove of the Amenity increases because eventually I won't be living here. TV is a great place to live but they are just as nice of places to live.
Old 10-15-2018, 12:48 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,152 Times in 1,326 Posts

having owned a house in the greater Ft Lauderdale FL area that was managed by an HOA for 22 years I can honestly say that TV form of management is far superior...

I foolishly agreed to sit on my HOA board for two years...a thankless and time demanding commitment due to the numbskulls in the community that are misinformed, never do any research, enjoy creating drama, contribute very little value and just like to complain

I'll take this management approach anytime
Old 10-15-2018, 01:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by davem4616 View Post
having owned a house in the greater Ft Lauderdale FL area that was managed by an HOA for 22 years I can honestly say that TV form of management is far superior...

I foolishly agreed to sit on my HOA board for two years...a thankless and time demanding commitment due to the numbskulls in the community that are misinformed, never do any research, enjoy creating drama, contribute very little value and just like to complain

I'll take this management approach anytime
Nice.... someone that has seen both sides of the coin.
Old 10-15-2018, 01:03 PM

The Developer does not spend our amenity fees. The CDD's are the government body that spends maintenance fees. The AAC (north of 466) or the PWAC (south of 466) spends amenity fees. Stop blaming the developer for everything. There are brief explanations of CDDs in the Daily Sun (if you subscribe) or you can attend a free class any Thursday at 10 AM at the District Offices. I see a lot of misinformation here. Let's get accurate in what we post.
Closed Thread

Tags
increase, amenity, fees, ideas, significant

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.