Amenity Fee's and Trash Rate Increase

Closed Thread
Old 08-28-2020, 10:47 AM
Default Amenity Fee's and Trash Rate Increase

Can someone tell me how your amenity fee increase happens? I have had 2 increases this year alone. Have done no improvements. I am not complaining about it just curious how it works. Also, I can't remember when the Trash Rate increase takes place. TYIA

Last edited by cndlou3; 08-28-2020 at 10:48 AM. Reason: misspelled word
Old 08-28-2020, 10:56 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,770 Times in 3,638 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cndlou3 View Post
Can someone tell me how your amenity fee increase happens? I have had 2 increases this year alone. Have done no improvements. I am not complaining about it just curious how it works. Also, I can't remember when the Trash Rate increase takes place. TYIA

Call regarding two increases in one year. I doubt there have been two in 12 months.
Old 08-28-2020, 01:10 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Mine has gone up 1x a year about $3 always on my Nov billing the 3 "Novembers" we've been here. Did you just move in here and maybe have some proration from previous owner?
Betty White (1922-2021) R.I.P.
Old 08-28-2020, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFNJ View Post
Mine has gone up 1x a year about $3 always on my Nov billing. Did you just move in here and maybe have some proration from previous owner?
No we bought almost 4 years ago
Old 08-28-2020, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
Call regarding two increases in one year. I doubt there have been two in 12 months.
I went back through my bills from LSSA and up until March of last year it had been 145. then went to 151. Aug went to 154 and now the new bill I just received says 155.
Old 08-28-2020, 01:23 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,770 Times in 3,638 Posts

Quote:
I went back through my bills from LSSA and up until March of last year it had been 145. then went to 151. Aug went to 154 and now the new bill I just received says 155.

Like I said in my first post................Call.

My RC state the fee will be adjusted annual with the index.

Old 08-28-2020, 01:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,922 Times in 2,448 Posts

Quote:
They got new trash contractors in north starting October. naturally they cost goes up and service goes down. They removed cap this year on amenities Rates so they can raise them anytime they want us residents have no say. I think new areas are 165 and some old areas when up to 159? Mine Was 135 when I moved here 6 years go which don’t include utilities and trash service aNd of course taxes.
Old 08-29-2020, 06:01 AM
Veteran member

Another reason to throw the "bums out"
Old 08-29-2020, 06:18 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by J1ceasar View Post
Another reason to throw the "bums out"
What bums?

Did you all see the new bridge across the Interstate? Some of my friends watched it being put in place on live video. Now one of the connections between the existing and newer segments is in place but not open to traffic yet.

Increase is based on cost of living. I am not the one who goes to the grocery, but I can see the cost of meat has increased considerably. I saw on the news last night that the country is having a housing boom and there has been a 9% cost in homes.

Please check how much the amenity fees are to the two developments fairly close to The Villages on 441/27

I am very glad we chose to buy here almost 15 years ago.
Old 08-29-2020, 06:53 AM
Sage

Not exactly correct. The cap on the amenities fee was originally put in place as an attempt to make the amenities fee more uniform across The Villages. Obviously it could not remain forever because of inflation. "They" don't raise the amenities fee whenever "they" want to. Your amenities fee increases on the anniversary of when the house was sold (contract signed) and increases by the CPI. However, you are correct in that you have no say, except for the fact that you choose to buy here and the deed restrictions clearly outline how and when the amenities fee would increase. The money you may have saved because of the cap on the amenities fee was essentially a gift.

Regarding the new trash contractors, I don't see a reduction in service. Instead of two trash, one recycling, and one yard debris pickup per week, we will have two pickups per week for combined trash, recycling, and yard debris. Yes, the price for trash is going up, as do almost all services with time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
They got new trash contractors in north starting October. naturally they cost goes up and service goes down. They removed cap this year on amenities Rates so they can raise them anytime they want us residents have no say. I think new areas are 165 and some old areas when up to 159? Mine Was 135 when I moved here 6 years go which don’t include utilities and trash service aNd of course taxes.
Old 08-29-2020, 07:28 AM

The amenity fee is adjusted on the original sale date of the land. It’s based on the national CPI.
Old 08-29-2020, 10:02 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,519 Times in 712 Posts

Quote:
Actually, the resident do have a say on the raising of the Amenity Fee and they are protected from any arbitrary increases. There are only 3 ways for the Amenity Fee can go up (explained here The Villages 8/17/20 Construction Update and The Amenity Fee (part 2) - YouTube) and none are discretionary.

The Deferral Rate was never a "Cap" it was a deferral of an increase above $155. When the Deferral Rate was not renewed on 1 October 2019, there were two additional actions that could have also happened that didn't.
1) some or all of the deferred rate increases could have immediately been implemented, If you'd had no increase for 3 years then all 3 years of increases could have been implemented on 1 Oct 2019, this didn't happen.
2) some or all of the deferred Amenity Fee could have been billed and collected, if you'd been at the deferral rate for 3 years and had a 3% CPI adjustment each year you had a total of just over $340 in increases that had been deferred that could have been billed and been immediately due, again, this didn't happen.

On 1 October 2018 the Prevailing Rate Amenity Fee went from $145 to $159, the first increase in about 5 years
on 1 January 2020 the Prevailing Rate Amenity Fee went up to $162
Neither of these affected current homeowners unless they purchase a home after these dates. The purchase could be a new home or a resale anywhere in The Villages, as per the deed restrictions.

Utilities, trash fees, and taxes are not relevant to the Amenity Fee.
www.goldwingnut.com
YouTube –YouTube.com/GoldWingnut and YouTube.com/GoldWingnutProductions
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero
Society is produced by our wants, and government by wickedness; the former promotes our happiness positively by uniting our affections, the latter negatively by restraining our vices. - Thomas Paine, 1/10/1776
Old 08-29-2020, 10:10 AM
Sage

EdFNJ - Stay healthy, stay safe and PLEASE stay 6+ feet away from me (if you sneeze make that 176.324 feet).
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What you say at the bottom of your posts is hilarious.
Old 08-29-2020, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Is yours still $135? Our utilities/garbage, etc are not included in amenity either.
Old 08-29-2020, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Perhaps some areas do recycling however south of 44 there is no recycling and the garbage pick up is very expensive. Typically the more people the less per household it should be, however not here.
Closed Thread

Tags
increase, amenity, trash, rate, complaining

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.