An American Eagle on our roof just now.

Closed Thread
Old 03-10-2013, 07:24 PM
Default American Eagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmfjr View Post
Thanks and the picture is great since I was not there to see the eagle in person.
We see one all the time on the electrical wire thing-a-ma-gig by El Diablo golf course. One time I was relaxing in the florida room when I thought I heard a baby crying. I got up and my cat was going crazy running back and forth to all the windows. Well the eagle was on the ground outside my window with a bunny in its talons. I couldn't get my cell phone fast enough to snap a pic of it. It flew off with the bunny and barely made it over the palm trees. It was an amazing site. Poor bunny though.

We see them all the time. If you're driving down Enrique to Chapparlle (spell) look up at the wires. They are always there. Beautiful!
Old 03-10-2013, 07:30 PM

Very cool
Old 03-10-2013, 07:58 PM

I was walking my dog last week and there was an eagle sitting on the roof of FishHawk Rec Center. Wish I would have had my phone with me to snap a pic.
Old 03-10-2013, 08:13 PM
Sage

A couple weeks ago a Bald Eagle landed on the fairway behind our house. Some guy teed off and the ball went about 20 yards past the eagle. The eagle hopped over to ball and pounced on it a few times.

Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 03-10-2013, 08:35 PM
Eternal Member

Early one Sunday morning in December I was driving west on 466a and spotted on at the top of a very large tree that is about 1/4 mile east of the new assisted living center. It was mostly cloudy that morning but some rays of sun were poking through. One ray of sun hit the eagle just the right way to make it really stand out. Of course the camera was back at home but I still look at the top of that tree every time I drive 466a.

Great pictures Gracie.

VG
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.