America's Fastest Growing City: TV

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors




















» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 03-26-2015, 12:06 PM
mgcsooner mgcsooner is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Village of Dunedin, Keller Tx, Tulsa Ok, Chicago Il, Milwaukee Wi
Posts: 113
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default America's Fastest Growing City: TV

Covered in morning paper and in link below on cbbc. Time for COSTCO!
The Villages, FL
__________________
Wisconsin, Illinois, Oklahoma, Texas and now TV!
  #2  
Old 03-26-2015, 01:13 PM
rubicon rubicon is offline
Email Reported As Spam
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 13,697
Thanks: 0
Thanked 9 Times in 7 Posts
Default

America's fastest growing city. I am just over joyed
  #3  
Old 03-26-2015, 01:46 PM
graciegirl's Avatar
graciegirl graciegirl is offline
Sage
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 39,582
Thanks: 4,352
Thanked 4,885 Times in 1,672 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
America's fastest growing city. I am just over joyed

I can see why people want to move here. I am glad you and Mrs. Rubicon are here.
__________________
It is better to laugh than to cry.
  #4  
Old 03-26-2015, 01:50 PM
2BNTV's Avatar
2BNTV 2BNTV is offline
Sage
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 10,705
Thanks: 1
Thanked 117 Times in 48 Posts
Default

It just reaffirms that 105,639 people can't be wrong.

I am so happy that I took a leap of faith as I never checked any other retirement communities out and knew TV was for me!!! One of the best things to happen to me, is when a friend invited me down, for a visit.

The "Best" section stated TV was the 2014 adult active community of the year, by "55 Places" by offering an endless array of opportunities to enjoy favorite pastimes. Every amenity imaginable, can be found.

As a friend of mine says, "what is there, not to love".

I didn't think a place like this existed in the USA because it's out of this world.
__________________
"It doesn't cost "nuttin", to be nice". MOM

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
  #5  
Old 03-26-2015, 03:19 PM
Blessed2BNTV Blessed2BNTV is offline
Veteran member
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Hadley
Posts: 837
Thanks: 322
Thanked 34 Times in 18 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BNTV View Post
It just reaffirms that 105,639 people can't be wrong.

I am so happy that I took a leap of faith as I never checked any other retirement communities out and knew TV was for me!!! One of the best things to happen to me, is when a friend invited me down, for a visit.

The "Best" section stated TV was the 2014 adult active community of the year, by "55 Places" by offering an endless array of opportunities to enjoy favorite pastimes. Every amenity imaginable, can be found.

As a friend of mine says, "what is there, not to love".

I didn't think a place like this existed in the USA because it's out of this world.
Sometimes over analysis can lead to paralysis. So glad we picked TV quickly!

Wish there was a like button for your post Joe!
  #6  
Old 03-26-2015, 03:40 PM
queasy27 queasy27 is offline
Veteran member
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 870
Thanks: 457
Thanked 330 Times in 142 Posts
Default

One of the comments from that article made me laugh:

I am what is referred to as a "senior citizen"; in any event, 2 of our married contemporaries spent a week at "The Villages" and returned home only to describe what sounded eerily like an episode from the old Patrick McGoohan series, "The Prisoner". They described an ersatz, fabricated, euphoric theme-park that permeated every waking (& sleeping) moment of its inhabitants. A care-free, idyllic creation that vehemently eschewed any and all incursions or challenges to its ethos from the "outside" world.

Needless to say, when they returned home, they were relieved to have escaped.


I live here so don't agree, but opposing viewpoints are always welcome!
  #7  
Old 03-26-2015, 03:45 PM
jflynn1 jflynn1 is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 220
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

The Villages IS NOT a City. It is a Community Development. Just like Plantation, Glen Lakes, Arlington Ridge, Stonecrest, Del Web,. Just Bigger......
  #8  
Old 03-26-2015, 04:23 PM
Polar Bear's Avatar
Polar Bear Polar Bear is offline
Sage
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,685
Thanks: 223
Thanked 944 Times in 377 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jflynn1 View Post
The Villages IS NOT a City. It is a Community Development. Just like Plantation, Glen Lakes, Arlington Ridge, Stonecrest, Del Web,. Just Bigger......
The article is about "metro areas". A more generic term. TV qualifies, regardless of the form of government.
  #9  
Old 03-26-2015, 06:12 PM
JoMar JoMar is offline
Sage
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 4,399
Thanks: 10
Thanked 1,856 Times in 691 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post
The article is about "metro areas". A more generic term. TV qualifies, regardless of the form of government.
Which is what most corporations use to develop their marketing strategies and identify where they will locate not withstanding economics, competition, access and a bunch of there stuff.
__________________
No one believes the truth when the lie is more interesting

Berks County Pennsylvania
  #10  
Old 03-26-2015, 08:21 PM
NYGUY NYGUY is offline
Platinum member
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Village of Charlotte
Posts: 1,643
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jflynn1 View Post
The Villages IS NOT a City. It is a Community Development. Just like Plantation, Glen Lakes, Arlington Ridge, Stonecrest, Del Web,. Just Bigger......
You are right, The Villages is not a city as defined by the state of Florida. But it is also different than those other areas because the article was referring to The Villages Metropolitan Statistical Area (MSA) which includes The Villages (the central core) and surrounding areas where The Villages exercises a significant economic impact. This stuff is all determined by The Office of Management and Budget in concert with The Census Bureau. It is not just "The Villages" as we know it.
__________________
Don't take life too seriously, it's not like you're going to get out alive!!!
  #11  
Old 03-26-2015, 08:56 PM
Abby10 Abby10 is offline
Sage
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 6,438
Thanks: 1
Thanked 1,208 Times in 1,172 Posts
Default

My aunt just emailed me this article this evening from the NY Times. Seems like The Villages is getting a lot of publicity today!

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/03/27...?referrer&_r=0
  #12  
Old 03-26-2015, 10:13 PM
circletrack circletrack is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 287
Thanks: 3
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGUY View Post
You are right, The Villages is not a city as defined by the state of Florida. But it is also different than those other areas because the article was referring to The Villages Metropolitan Statistical Area (MSA) which includes The Villages (the central core) and surrounding areas where The Villages exercises a significant economic impact. This stuff is all determined by The Office of Management and Budget in concert with The Census Bureau. It is not just "The Villages" as we know it.
Yep, 84,000 of the 114,000 in The Villages MSA are Villagers. I think that speaks for itself. And TV MSA does not include Lake or Marion counties, where another 20,000 Villagers live.

The region should bask in the glow while it lasts. It will eventually slow, but is still quite a remarkable feat.
  #13  
Old 03-27-2015, 05:39 AM
Greg Nelson's Avatar
Greg Nelson Greg Nelson is offline
Veteran member
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 596
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I think the whole Northeast is relocating to Florida!
  #14  
Old 03-27-2015, 05:49 AM
Taltarzac725's Avatar
Taltarzac725 Taltarzac725 is offline
Sage
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 43,410
Thanks: 3,984
Thanked 1,474 Times in 1,044 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgcsooner View Post
Covered in morning paper and in link below on cbbc. Time for COSTCO!
The Villages, FL
Thanks for the link.
  #15  
Old 03-27-2015, 08:19 PM
kcrazorbackfan's Avatar
kcrazorbackfan kcrazorbackfan is offline
Sage
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: The Villages, FL
Posts: 3,058
Thanks: 137
Thanked 1,030 Times in 316 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Nelson View Post
I think the whole Northeast is relocating to Florida!
I would not blame them after this winter.
__________________
For each of us, life is a journey. Where has your life taken you? Your entire life leads to the next step, the chance to define yourself by where you're headed, instead of where you stand. Today is the day you introduce yourself to your destiny.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:25 AM.