America's Friendliest Hometown

Closed Thread
Old 01-30-2019, 01:26 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi33 View Post
Is it a sales tool and false or the truth?

Examples of either please.

All I see lately is angry. Snowbirds, roundabouts, noise... where is the good to balance it and even go over the top.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fw102807 View Post
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.”

― John Lydgate

Rings true in TV same as everyplace else.
That all said (along with other answered/comments) is most social media sites have the folks who "air" their differences because they're anonymous. I haven't encountered face to face, too many individuals in the "going on" 10 yrs we've lived here. I was always taught that you can choose your attitude. It must be a sorry place for all the negative people to reside with their furrowed brows. I've met people here who are enduring insurmountable issues that would take most folks down but their approach to "LIFE" is joy!!
Old 01-31-2019, 08:54 AM
Veteran member

Is it an advertising slogan? Certainly. Are there some depressed, angry or otherwise unpleasant people here? Absolutely. However, given those realities, we have found the vast majority of Villagers to be friendly and helpful. We enjoy our neighbors (but understand you might get unlucky in this regard). We love interacting with our dance instructors and other dancers. 99% of the people I have played pickleball with have been terrific (but, in truth, I have found that to be the case with pickleball players almost everywhere). We assume this is how many of us make friends - through their activities like golf, quilting, miniatures, gardening, bowling, flying, biking, line dancing, zumba, yoga, oldies, cars, food, etc. We have more friends here in TV after just over 4 years than we had at our last home that were in for 32 years. The Villages, for us, has proven to be a great home town.
Old 01-31-2019, 09:25 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

I notice that tensions are a little bit higher at the beginning of snowbird season as all have an adjustment period. But it is short lived. It doesn't take long for The Villages lifestyle to smooth things out.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Old 01-31-2019, 10:13 AM
Platinum member

Friendliness is a subjective assessment and can be influenced by one's home region. Some of us think it unfriendly to not acknowledge a "good morning" while others may consider friendliness as simple as not being punched in the throat. Friendliness is also situational. Some people are friendly until they get behind the wheel of a car or until they get behind a slow group of golfers, see a bumper sticker that lights their fuse, or spot someone with eleven items in the express line. My hot button is telemarketers. With them, I fly my rude flag proudly.

Tags
noise, roundabouts, snowbirds, angry, top

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.