Thanked 3,295 Times in 2,044 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWGUY View Post

You left out - " ........ more than 4 hours, seek medical help."
Good if you want to pee on the ceiling.
Old 01-28-2019, 09:58 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,996 Times in 2,197 Posts

We moved in and made immediate friends with several of our neighbors, and at bowling, LOTS more friends. I agree with many of the comments above, a smile will get you a smile back, a wave will get you a wave back. Yes you will find the occasional unhappy person, but my experience, they are few and far between.
Old 01-28-2019, 10:11 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

This place is our new Hometown and it is infinitely more friendly than Our last several Hometowns.

I think the post is NOTHING but bait and I for one reject it. It is your choice to post the question but it is also our collective choice to tell you that the only way your

question or possible observation can be answered is to experience The Villages yourself. The fight is over for most people, in The Villages you get out of it what you put into it. Good Luck!

I sorta answered you but didn't get upset about the question the way I would have when I first moved here. Whatever.
Old 01-28-2019, 10:44 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
...I think the post is NOTHING but bait...
Yep.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
...in The Villages you get out of it what you put into it...
Like anyplace you may choose to live.
Old 01-28-2019, 11:09 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Well, I for one think changes are happening. We moved here 10+ yrs ago and it was, without doubt, a great place to live and meet people. However, TV has grown massively over the past 10 yrs and with that growth we lost the small town feel which was very inviting. On the other hand, with the growth we gained the stores, the medical expertise and the other necessities of the big city life we all wanted. So, it is what it is.

It is still a great place to live and they will have to carry us out!

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 01-28-2019, 11:20 AM
Email Reported As Spam
Default Stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi33 View Post
Is it a sales tool and false or the truth?

Examples of either please.

All I see lately is angry. Snowbirds, roundabouts, noise... where is the good to balance it and even go over the top.
Hi, after 3 years, we get the picture and it is not pretty AT ALL. So, private email me here, and maybe we can chat on the phone, but the site will not let us be negative of their "GREATEST SHOW ON EARTH?" We are shopping elsewhere for now and will lose a bundle on our place.
Brawney123. Do a private message on here, try it, it may go thru.
Old 01-28-2019, 11:30 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brawnwy123 View Post
Hi, after 3 years, we get the picture and it is not pretty AT ALL. So, private email me here, and maybe we can chat on the phone, but the site will not let us be negative of their "GREATEST SHOW ON EARTH?" We are shopping elsewhere for now and will lose a bundle on our place.
Old 01-28-2019, 11:40 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,687 Times in 3,600 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brawnwy123 View Post

You can be negative. The site will allow. Your post is still here.

After 3 years, you won't lose a dime.......unless if you paid too much.

There are a lot of people who love TV and it's not just a Show.

The OP seems sad. I love Snowbirds, Roundabouts and the noise (which is usually people having fun at Squares).

Good Luck on your sale.
Old 01-28-2019, 11:45 AM
Sage

The neighbors do make it or break it IMHO and you do have to be quite diplomatic in many situations.
Old 01-28-2019, 11:59 AM
fw102807

Much as we love The Villages it is not for everyone. My sister would not like it here.
Old 01-28-2019, 12:00 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,687 Times in 3,600 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fw102807 View Post
Much as we love The Villages it is not for everyone. My sister would not like it here.

And I am sooooooooooooooooo happy my sister would not like it here.

Old 01-28-2019, 12:15 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by fw102807 View Post
My younger brother was here for 1.5 years but did not take advantage of all the things offered here so it did not work out all that much for him. He married a Jamaican-American and they did have problems with racism but it came from people of either white or black racial self-identification. And this also happened in St. Petersburg, FL.

Not enough action as far as culture here for my older brother as he is used to going to the Smithsonian in DC quite often as well as many plays and the like.

I do not mind a quiet life but do like the trips to DC on occasion for a needed break.

The Villages is not for everyone.
Old 01-28-2019, 12:50 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by roob1 View Post
I am assuming when you say "All I see lately is angry", you are referring to online social media, such as TOTV.

My experience suggests there is much less of it in the "real world" of The Villages, i.e. activities outside of the digital world. I think this forum tends to attract a higher percentage of people with mental health issues such as loneliness, anxiety and depression than you will find "outside." Anger often is a symptom of these, and is more easily expressed "behind the computer screen", IMHO.
Very astute analysis. I find that I come across MUCH fewer angry, hostile people when I'm out doing things. I think they are happier because they aren't sitting behind a computer trying to form cliques and start arguments on the internet.
Old 01-28-2019, 01:23 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

The whole idea is for people to post whatever is on their mind even if everybody doesn't agree with them. How would it be if each post went something like this?

Everything is great the torrential rain and the oncoming Category 2 to 3 should miss us by a mile and all our bills are paid for 12 months in advance and they just delivered my new Car and Golf Cart because I get new each week and all people with pets have had them surgically plugged up etc etc etc.

This is a place to discuss and have a couple of laughs and to console people who are struggling or who have experienced a loss of some kind. So kindly speak your mind but speak it kindly. There is some valuable info here. Just have to weed through some Bull.

People here are kind overall. Beer muscles behind the computer are very common!
Closed Thread

Tags
noise, roundabouts, snowbirds, angry, top

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.