Annual Villages Survey

Closed Thread
Old 03-08-2016, 09:44 AM
Default Annual Villages Survey

Just completed my annual survey from The Villages. Noticed one item that I must question....in order to complete this survey the resident has to be a subscriber to The Villages.Net at the cost of $8/week. Oh, you could go to Savannah Center and use the computer there! What do you think???
Old 03-08-2016, 10:01 AM

$8/month. I belong but didn't have to sign in to do the survey, so I am guessing that you don't have to join, it is an easy place to post the survey.
Old 03-08-2016, 11:48 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,359 Times in 2,393 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladila2 View Post
Just completed my annual survey from The Villages. Noticed one item that I must question....in order to complete this survey the resident has to be a subscriber to The Villages.Net at the cost of $8/week. Oh, you could go to Savannah Center and use the computer there! What do you think???
Are you a subscriber?
Old 03-08-2016, 12:07 PM
Sage

Quote:
I've completed the survey since 2007, and I've never been a subscriber to The Villages. Net.
Old 03-08-2016, 01:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
I've completed the survey since 2007, and I've never been a subscriber to The Villages. Net.
Ditto!
Old 03-08-2016, 06:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Villages.net is $8 per month, not week, but you only need to join if you want access to The Villages Golf Teetime system. Otherwise, you can do the survey and be done with that site, I just did the survey and had no problem. You must of read the article in the Sun newspaper that said, if you don't own a computer you can go to the Savannah Center or Paradise Library and use a computer there.
Old 03-14-2016, 12:25 PM

Tried to take the survey today. It was so slow I gave up. Sat on page three for 10 minutes. Felt like I was on a dial up system. Checked my internet speed and it was good at 75 MB/12 MB. No problem with any other site. Anyone else having a problem?
Old 03-14-2016, 01:00 PM
Gold member
Default Same issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoDat View Post
Tried to take the survey today. It was so slow I gave up. Sat on page three for 10 minutes. Felt like I was on a dial up system. Checked my internet speed and it was good at 75 MB/12 MB. No problem with any other site. Anyone else having a problem?
I called the villages dot net and was told to try it again later.

"I wish I didn't know now, what I didn't know then"
-Bob Seger-
Old 03-15-2016, 08:59 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
I completed the survey and I do not have a subscription to anything. There was no charge.
Old 03-16-2016, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoDat View Post
I had the same problem yesterday morning. I would have given up but I had other work to do at my computer while I waited for pages to load.
Old 03-16-2016, 03:25 PM
Platinum member
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton

As I have not received my forwarded from Ohio annual survey notice, I asked for a new survey number at the district office. Then, I went to the www.districtgov.org site to follow the link to begin the survey.
Old 03-16-2016, 06:04 PM
Default Villages Survey

For several years I completed The Villages Survey. I no longer do so. The reason why is that they don't publish the results of the questions. What we get is a vague, massaged compilation from some of the departments. I want to see the exact results of all the questions, good or bad as other survey results are published. If it's embarassing, so what, let's have the truth.
Old 03-16-2016, 07:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf View View Post
For several years I completed The Villages Survey. I no longer do so. The reason why is that they don't publish the results of the questions. What we get is a vague, massaged compilation from some of the departments. I want to see the exact results of all the questions, good or bad as other survey results are published. If it's embarassing, so what, let's have the truth.

What awful truth could that be?
Old 03-16-2016, 07:53 PM
Veteran member

I tried doing it yesterday and it was so slow I could not get past page three. All other things worked perfectly on my computer. I think it is a sales tool anyway. The sales department published the percentage of folks satisfied and who would recommend this as a place to live. Who wouldn't? If you don't want to live here, it is easy to sell and get out. I am here by choice. I will try again another day.
Old 03-17-2016, 08:13 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by simpkinp View Post
I tried doing it yesterday and it was so slow I could not get past page three. All other things worked perfectly on my computer. I think it is a sales tool anyway. The sales department published the percentage of folks satisfied and who would recommend this as a place to live. Who wouldn't? If you don't want to live here, it is easy to sell and get out. I am here by choice. I will try again another day.
Why waste your time filling out a survey that is just a sales tool used to increase an already over populated area?
Closed Thread

Tags
survey, annual, villages, $8/week, cost, villages.net, center, computer, savannah, subscriber, item, noticed, completed, resident, complete, order, question

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.