Anole lizards in lanai

Closed Thread
Old 10-15-2014, 04:49 PM
Email Reported As Spam

First as to those glue boxes. They are carefully placed on the floor at either ends of your overhead doors for a reason....they catch critters. fortunately for us those glue boxes only caught one snake. Secondly anoles will enter your home. third anoles on an lanai leave droppings and i do not want to live with droppings and so i do not want to live with anoles. Fourth anoles can crawl into the tinest spaces. i know they plugged my water hose spray handle and they plugged my drip pipe from the AC.

anoles and i can not co exist
Old 10-16-2014, 12:28 AM

We had one stuck in a glue trap in the garage. I just could not leave it there to die. I had my husband pour vegetable oil on the trap where he was stuck and then a few minutes later gently loosen his legs from the trap with a shish kabob skewer. Success! He quickly scampered away. The are all over my lanai. They get in from under the siding.
Old 10-16-2014, 07:40 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amfunny View Post
We had one stuck in a glue trap in the garage. I just could not leave it there to die. I had my husband pour vegetable oil on the trap where he was stuck and then a few minutes later gently loosen his legs from the trap with a shish kabob skewer. Success! He quickly scampered away. The are all over my lanai. They get in from under the siding.
Aw, so cool !!
Also if you have a pool, I have watch them come through the overflow grates around the pool. The don't need much space to get in.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.