Anonymous complaint brings down dog sign

Closed Thread
Old 06-11-2019, 01:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hifred123 View Post
If something were anchored in concrete (such as a front yard light pole) would it considered an ornament?
Yes, unless the developer put it there.
Old 06-11-2019, 01:43 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,775 Times in 514 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjim View Post
An anonymous complaint brought down three “no poop” signs in the village of Dunedin. The small signs like the white crosses scattered across The Villages are technically lawn ornaments and are deed restricted. District 10 commissioners could offer no help for the lady asking how to keep dog owners from letting dogs poop and pee in her yard. The Dunedin lady said her husband has cancer and is taking Chemo and in fragile health. She went on to say it was a health issue for them. The best the CDD chairman could offer was “I feel for you, it is a problem all over The Villages”. She said it wasn’t a problem until she had to take down her small white dog ornament. Are some dog owners that entitled and insensitive to their neighbors? Sad...
Last week 14 birds,2 squirrels, and a rabbit pooped in my yard. No one bothered to pick it up and the yard still looks great.

Must just be dogs causing all the damage and heartache.

By the way, I see neighbors using this stuff, including one who has a "keep your dog off my lawn" sign:

Black Kow Manure Compost
Old 06-11-2019, 01:52 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,012 Times in 1,739 Posts

Dog urine destroys the grass and vermin, especially rats’ second favorite food is dog poo. My dogs had their own sandpit in the backyard, but then I could have a fence.
Old 06-11-2019, 02:14 PM
Platinum member

Someone had a motion sensor on their water system so the sprinklers would start when anyone went by.
Old 06-11-2019, 02:19 PM
Sage

It’s called the Scarecrow Sprinkler. We currently have a raccoon invasion here and I use one. The hose is attached to the unit that goes off for about 3 seconds and makes a noise too. Keeps away deer from farm fields as well. Available at Amazon, not expensive.
I’d set it up not to sprinkle where people would walk.
Old 06-11-2019, 02:50 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,621 Times in 1,764 Posts

Why not use a camera pointed out over the yard connected to a recorder that videos the villains in flagrante delicto. Maybe park a vehicle in front of the house with a sign in a window of the vehicle (not the house or in the yard) that warns folks the area is under surveillance and being videoed. Then, when the camera picks up the doings of the miscreants on the private property within the yard publicize it on Youtube, Facebook or in the unmentionable online newspaper that publishes photographs of bad parking. Maybe the homeowners could file a complaint for trespassing with the police.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 06-11-2019, 02:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
Dog urine destroys the grass and vermin, especially rats’ second favorite food is dog poo. My dogs had their own sandpit in the backyard, but then I could have a fence.
I rarely see dog poo in our neighborhood. Everyone should move to Tamarind Grove, especially Biscayne Villas or Grenadier/Newburn/Lowell Terrace streets.

As for urine destroying the grass, it doesn't kill the zoysia grass like it killed the grass up north. Especially the little dogs' pee.
Old 06-11-2019, 03:05 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,167 Times in 439 Posts
Default Here we go!

Old 06-11-2019, 03:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,167 Times in 439 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjim View Post
An anonymous complaint brought down three “no poop” signs in the village of Dunedin. The small signs like the white crosses scattered across The Villages are technically lawn ornaments and are deed restricted. District 10 commissioners could offer no help for the lady asking how to keep dog owners from letting dogs poop and pee in her yard. The Dunedin lady said her husband has cancer and is taking Chemo and in fragile health. She went on to say it was a health issue for them. The best the CDD chairman could

offer was “I feel for you, it is a problem all over The Villages”. She said it wasn’t a problem until she had to take down her small white dog ornament. Are some dog owners that entitled and insensitive to their neighbors? Sad...

My suggestion, put message on flag pole, flag messages are ok.
Old 06-11-2019, 03:15 PM
Sage

I love the idea of enclosed dog parks. I have one across from my house and a kiddies park further away. My neighbor has a young child and a young dog. When they are headed off to the children's park, the dog walks beside them. When they are headed off to the dog park, the dog leads the way. The big dogs have their area and the smaller ones have theirs. There are benches for the owners to sit and socialize and it is a very inviting place.
Old 06-11-2019, 03:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,317 Times in 2,054 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
I love the idea of enclosed dog parks. I have one across from my house and a kiddies park further away. My neighbor has a young child and a young dog. When they are headed off to the children's park, the dog walks beside them. When they are headed off to the dog park, the dog leads the way. The big dogs have their area and the smaller ones have theirs. There are benches for the owners to sit and socialize and it is a very inviting place.
The Villages does have five dog parks and maybe going on six but they are few and far between. And there are a few city or private dog parks nearby as well.
Old 06-11-2019, 03:26 PM
Sage

What about "When ya gotta go ya gotta go!"? May not be time to get to a dog park...

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 06-11-2019, 03:29 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,682 Times in 632 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by roob1 View Post
Is her husband walking on the lawn in his bare feet?
I kneel down in our front yard and pull out torpedo grass with my bare hands. If I grabbed a handful of dog crap by mistake, I would be absolutely furious.
Old 06-11-2019, 03:32 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,682 Times in 632 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
What about "When ya gotta go ya gotta go!"?
If you or one of your animals has to go, then go in your own yard.
Old 06-11-2019, 03:35 PM
Sage

I would be very concerned about any parasites left in my yard through feces and urine, especially if I pulled weeds or gardened there. Intestinal Parasites in Dogs

Closed Thread

Tags
dog, owners, lady, problem, anonymous

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.