Anonymous complaint brings down dog sign

Closed Thread
Old 06-11-2019, 03:39 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,996 Times in 1,729 Posts

That’s why I had the dogs’ sandbox. I had my dogs trained (while on the leash or without the leash) to go in their sandbox, which I would clean like a cat litter box. The sandbox had to be large enough for both the dogs but small enough not to bother the neighbors and I had small bushes to block the view. If it’s cleaned regularly with, say a long handled scooper, there is no smell.
Old 06-11-2019, 03:41 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,592 Times in 1,758 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VApeople View Post
If you or one of your animals has to go, then go in your own yard.

But I don't see it happening. Far too many people take their dogs out to defecate and urinate away from their yards, often in the yards of other people. Dogs are denning animals. They instinctively don't want to go where they bed and eat but elsewhere. Unfortunately when a dog goes someplace it leaves its olfactory calling card to mark the spot which inevitably invites other dogs to go there as well.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 06-11-2019, 03:51 PM
Sage

You are right. That is the basis of crate training. But the backyard works fine as my dogs don’t bed or eat there. The training involved finding each dog’s ‘piece de resistance’. The Welshie would do anything for a small piece of medium cheddar cheese. And the golden retriever loved, absolutely loved a small piece of hotdog. They were rewarded after they did what I wanted.
Old 06-11-2019, 04:30 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,323 Times in 1,439 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
Up north some people leave hidden poison on their grass, I never let my dogs go anywhere I wasn’t sure of.
Is this a "Sicko" hint?
Old 06-11-2019, 04:32 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,323 Times in 1,439 Posts

Quote:
Dog urine destroys the grass and vermin, especially rats’ second favorite food is dog poo. My dogs had their own sandpit in the backyard, but then I could have a fence.
Dogs have been peeing on my lawn for over 2 years and there is no damage whatsoever from it. Let them do what they do as long as the owner picks it up.
Old 06-11-2019, 04:41 PM
Sage

Thanks for the heads up.

Last edited by Velvet; 06-11-2019 at 05:10 PM.
Old 06-11-2019, 04:46 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebartle View Post
Here we go!

I'm saving some seats...for later.

Old 06-11-2019, 05:24 PM
Bosoxfan

Quote:
Dog urine destroys the grass and vermin, especially rats’ second favorite food is dog poo. My dogs had their own sandpit in the backyard, but then I could have a fence.
Only female dog pee hurts a lawn
Old 06-11-2019, 06:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosoxfan View Post
Only female dog pee hurts a lawn

Dead Doggy Grass (Poke Here)
Old 06-11-2019, 06:20 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
Dogs have been peeing on my lawn for over 2 years and there is no damage whatsoever from it. Let them do what they do as long as the owner picks it up.
Please post your address!
Old 06-11-2019, 06:39 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,224 Times in 929 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
It's my property, not the dog owner's, I don't see what is so hard to understand about that. People who can't give a bit of consideration to their neighbor clearly demonstrate the low class of their morals. There are a lot of dog owners in our neighborhood and so far everyone keeps their dog out of other people's yards. if I see any of them letting their dog do it's business in my yard, I'll teach them some classic four letter words. I return as much respect as I receive.
Old 06-11-2019, 09:42 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,426 Times in 3,080 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10 GI View Post
It's my property, not the dog owner's, I don't see what is so hard to understand about that. People who can't give a bit of consideration to their neighbor clearly demonstrate the low class of their morals. There are a lot of dog owners in our neighborhood and so far everyone keeps their dog out of other people's yards. if I see any of them letting their dog do it's business in my yard, I'll teach them some classic four letter words. I return as much respect as I receive.
Our first day after we closed on the property we were relaxing on the lanai. Saw a guy walk his dog onto our lawn, to the side of our flower bed, and it peed on our lawn. He had to go a good 20 feet off the road onto our lawn to get to that spot.

I totally get that a dog might pee on the first few feet next to the curb. But to intentionally walk your dog onto the middle of someone's lawn? Even if it didn't have to pee - you just - don't walk around someone else's lawn like that. We were speechless so we didn't say anything at the time.

You can bet if we ever see that again we'll say something immediately though.
Old 06-11-2019, 10:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

We had one neighbor who was a beautiful person by day but a mad Pooper by Night! I attached a cheapo wireless camera to the Palm tree and caught the Person & Pup in the act. I waited a few days and knocked on his door and he happily answered and I offered him back the Presents that he gave to us under the cover of darkness. He tried to deny that it was him and his Pup. I held up a Blank DVD as proof. There is no chance I could transfer from the Camera to a Disc. Snagging a Pooper, not a Problem, Technology a Major Problem.

Case solved. We are friends and have even Dog sat Fido twice for free. We walked him home to do his thing.

We Love Dogs, All Dogs. Be considerate of your Neighbors. I feel terrible for the OP. Common sense should be the guide in this case.
Old 06-11-2019, 11:46 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
We had one neighbor who was a beautiful person by day but a mad Pooper by Night! I attached a cheapo wireless camera to the Palm tree and caught the Person & Pup in the act. I waited a few days and knocked on his door and he happily answered and I offered him back the Presents that he gave to us under the cover of darkness. He tried to deny that it was him and his Pup. I held up a Blank DVD as proof. There is no chance I could transfer from the Camera to a Disc. Snagging a Pooper, not a Problem, Technology a Major Problem.

Case solved. We are friends and have even Dog sat Fido twice for free. We walked him home to do his thing.

We Love Dogs, All Dogs. Be considerate of your Neighbors. I feel terrible for the OP. Common sense should be the guide in this case.
Well said.
Old 06-12-2019, 01:20 AM
Veteran member

Some people just talk about dog poop way too much. Never seen anything like it in my entire life. Get over it and enjoy your life. Don't let a little dog poop ruin your day. Life is short, and so many other positive things to focus on within The Villages !

And yes I have found dog poop in my yard. I get a plastic bag and pick it up throw it in the trash and never give it a second thought. Too busy having fun to let minor sh*t destroy my day.

Last edited by tippyclubb; 06-12-2019 at 02:03 AM.
Closed Thread

Tags
dog, owners, lady, problem, anonymous

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.