Anonymous complaint brings down dog sign

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors




















» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 06-11-2019, 10:21 AM
justjim justjim is offline
Sage
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Posts: 4,636
Thanks: 55
Thanked 298 Times in 124 Posts
Default Anonymous complaint brings down dog sign

An anonymous complaint brought down three “no poop” signs in the village of Dunedin. The small signs like the white crosses scattered across The Villages are technically lawn ornaments and are deed restricted. District 10 commissioners could offer no help for the lady asking how to keep dog owners from letting dogs poop and pee in her yard. The Dunedin lady said her husband has cancer and is taking Chemo and in fragile health. She went on to say it was a health issue for them. The best the CDD chairman could offer was “I feel for you, it is a problem all over The Villages”. She said it wasn’t a problem until she had to take down her small white dog ornament. Are some dog owners that entitled and insensitive to their neighbors? Sad...
__________________
Most people are as happy as they make up their mind to be. Abraham Lincoln
  #2  
Old 06-11-2019, 10:40 AM
CWGUY's Avatar
CWGUY CWGUY is online now
Sage
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,232
Thanks: 2,136
Thanked 784 Times in 389 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjim View Post
An anonymous complaint brought down three “no poop” signs in the village of Dunedin. The small signs like the white crosses scattered across The Villages are technically lawn ornaments and are deed restricted. District 10 commissioners could offer no help for the lady asking how to keep dog owners from letting dogs poop and pee in her yard. The Dunedin lady said her husband has cancer and is taking Chemo and in fragile health. She went on to say it was a health issue for them. The best the CDD chairman could offer was “I feel for you, it is a problem all over The Villages”. She said it wasn’t a problem until she had to take down her small white dog ornament. Are some dog owners that entitled and insensitive to their neighbors? Sad...
In a single word.... yes!
__________________
__________________________________________________
Trying To Understand Some People Is Like Trying To Smell The Color 9

Everytime you feel yourself getting pulled into other people's nonsense, repeat these words: NOT MY CIRCUS - NOT MY MONKEYS
  #3  
Old 06-11-2019, 10:44 AM
roob1 roob1 is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 138
Thanks: 13
Thanked 41 Times in 17 Posts
Default

Health problem, this excuse, that excuse. Follow the rules you agreed to follow when you purchased.

Don't blame others if you get caught violating them.

Is her husband walking on the lawn in his bare feet? Jeesh!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjim View Post
An anonymous complaint brought down three “no poop” signs in the village of Dunedin. The small signs like the white crosses scattered across The Villages are technically lawn ornaments and are deed restricted. District 10 commissioners could offer no help for the lady asking how to keep dog owners from letting dogs poop and pee in her yard. The Dunedin lady said her husband has cancer and is taking Chemo and in fragile health. She went on to say it was a health issue for them. The best the CDD chairman could offer was “I feel for you, it is a problem all over The Villages”. She said it wasn’t a problem until she had to take down her small white dog ornament. Are some dog owners that entitled and insensitive to their neighbors? Sad...
  #4  
Old 06-11-2019, 10:58 AM
CWGUY's Avatar
CWGUY CWGUY is online now
Sage
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,232
Thanks: 2,136
Thanked 784 Times in 389 Posts
Default

I'm thinking the OP was talking more about inconsiderate pet owners than deed restrictions. Maybe I'm wrong......
__________________
__________________________________________________
Trying To Understand Some People Is Like Trying To Smell The Color 9

Everytime you feel yourself getting pulled into other people's nonsense, repeat these words: NOT MY CIRCUS - NOT MY MONKEYS
  #5  
Old 06-11-2019, 11:01 AM
hifred123 hifred123 is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 18
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

If something were anchored in concrete (such as a front yard light pole) would it considered an ornament?
  #6  
Old 06-11-2019, 11:32 AM
vintageogauge vintageogauge is offline
Soaring Eagle member
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Posts: 2,026
Thanks: 0
Thanked 963 Times in 322 Posts
Default

People have been letting their dog poop on our lawn for over two years and they always pick it up, it doesn't hurt the grass or leave an odor, I don't see that there is a problem unless they are not picking it up and if that's the case I would keep an eye out for a day to see who is doing it and then talk to them.
  #7  
Old 06-11-2019, 11:36 AM
Arctic Fox's Avatar
Arctic Fox Arctic Fox is offline
Gold member
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,313
Thanks: 3
Thanked 86 Times in 38 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by roob1 View Post
Follow the rules you agreed to follow when you purchased. Don't blame others if you get caught violating them.
Maybe the rules ought to include "Don't let your dog foul other people's gardens".

I should have thought that it was common decency, but if we need to have it spelled out and are not allowed to take retroactive measures...
  #8  
Old 06-11-2019, 11:42 AM
Velvet's Avatar
Velvet Velvet is offline
Soaring Eagle member
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 2,095
Thanks: 328
Thanked 1,184 Times in 510 Posts
Default

Up north some people leave hidden poison on their grass, I never let my dogs go anywhere I wasn’t sure of.
  #9  
Old 06-11-2019, 12:12 PM
Toymeister's Avatar
Toymeister Toymeister is offline
Veteran member
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 784
Thanks: 3
Thanked 240 Times in 135 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
Up north some people leave hidden poison on their grass, I never let my dogs go anywhere I wasn’t sure of.
Where up north? I will add that to vile states that I will never set foot in again. The list grows every year.
  #10  
Old 06-11-2019, 12:17 PM
Fredster Fredster is offline
Gold member
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 1,213
Thanks: 205
Thanked 99 Times in 40 Posts
Default

Folks in TV with dogs don’t seem to like them peeing or pooping on their own lawn,
so they just walk them down to their neighbors!
  #11  
Old 06-11-2019, 12:30 PM
dnobles dnobles is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 282
Thanks: 21
Thanked 11 Times in 8 Posts
Default

I’ve been picking up someone’s dog poop at the Dunedin mailbox for weeks.. I’ve been picking it up because I didn’t want anyone to think it was from my dog. But I’ve had enough It’s a small dog. Some people are just lazy
  #12  
Old 06-11-2019, 12:40 PM
Velvet's Avatar
Velvet Velvet is offline
Soaring Eagle member
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 2,095
Thanks: 328
Thanked 1,184 Times in 510 Posts
Default

Oh it’s pesticide, they put it on the lawn like fertilizer, strong enough to kill a pest elephant in the right quantities. My Welshie had an excellent nose I trained him carefully as I didn’t want anything to happen to him. But I saw other dogs. Dogs are so dependent on their owners....
  #13  
Old 06-11-2019, 12:45 PM
TheWarriors TheWarriors is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 119
Thanks: 56
Thanked 35 Times in 14 Posts
Default

I don’t understand some dog owners, it’s your dog, please keep it on your property. It’s common sense and respect for others. Would you mind if I was coming back from a Square and pee’d on your lawn? Or worse?
  #14  
Old 06-11-2019, 01:16 PM
CWGUY's Avatar
CWGUY CWGUY is online now
Sage
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,232
Thanks: 2,136
Thanked 784 Times in 389 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWarriors View Post
I don’t understand some dog owners, it’s your dog, please keep it on your property. It’s common sense and respect for others. Would you mind if I was coming back from a Square and pee’d on your lawn? Or worse?
......Or maybe a Postal Station?
__________________
__________________________________________________
Trying To Understand Some People Is Like Trying To Smell The Color 9

Everytime you feel yourself getting pulled into other people's nonsense, repeat these words: NOT MY CIRCUS - NOT MY MONKEYS
  #15  
Old 06-11-2019, 01:20 PM
CFrance's Avatar
CFrance CFrance is offline
Sage
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Tamarind Grove/Monpazier, France
Posts: 13,506
Thanks: 194
Thanked 673 Times in 309 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by roob1 View Post
Health problem, this excuse, that excuse. Follow the rules you agreed to follow when you purchased.

Don't blame others if you get caught violating them.

Is her husband walking on the lawn in his bare feet? Jeesh!!
It's hard for me to believe the part about it not being a problem until the sign came down. So the people who previously kept their dogs off her lawn are now suddenly saying "Okay, Spot, you can do your thing there now"?
__________________
It's harder to hate close up.
Closed Thread

Tags
dog, owners, lady, problem, anonymous

Thread Tools

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:59 PM.