Anonymous complaint brings down dog sign

Closed Thread
Old 06-11-2019, 10:21 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,301 Times in 537 Posts
Default Anonymous complaint brings down dog sign

An anonymous complaint brought down three “no poop” signs in the village of Dunedin. The small signs like the white crosses scattered across The Villages are technically lawn ornaments and are deed restricted. District 10 commissioners could offer no help for the lady asking how to keep dog owners from letting dogs poop and pee in her yard. The Dunedin lady said her husband has cancer and is taking Chemo and in fragile health. She went on to say it was a health issue for them. The best the CDD chairman could offer was “I feel for you, it is a problem all over The Villages”. She said it wasn’t a problem until she had to take down her small white dog ornament. Are some dog owners that entitled and insensitive to their neighbors? Sad...
Old 06-11-2019, 10:40 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjim View Post
An anonymous complaint brought down three “no poop” signs in the village of Dunedin. The small signs like the white crosses scattered across The Villages are technically lawn ornaments and are deed restricted. District 10 commissioners could offer no help for the lady asking how to keep dog owners from letting dogs poop and pee in her yard. The Dunedin lady said her husband has cancer and is taking Chemo and in fragile health. She went on to say it was a health issue for them. The best the CDD chairman could offer was “I feel for you, it is a problem all over The Villages”. She said it wasn’t a problem until she had to take down her small white dog ornament. Are some dog owners that entitled and insensitive to their neighbors? Sad...
In a single word.... yes!
Old 06-11-2019, 10:44 AM

Health problem, this excuse, that excuse. Follow the rules you agreed to follow when you purchased.

Don't blame others if you get caught violating them.

Is her husband walking on the lawn in his bare feet? Jeesh!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjim View Post
Old 06-11-2019, 10:58 AM
Sage

I'm thinking the OP was talking more about inconsiderate pet owners than deed restrictions. Maybe I'm wrong......
Old 06-11-2019, 11:01 AM

If something were anchored in concrete (such as a front yard light pole) would it considered an ornament?
Old 06-11-2019, 11:32 AM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,287 Times in 1,428 Posts

People have been letting their dog poop on our lawn for over two years and they always pick it up, it doesn't hurt the grass or leave an odor, I don't see that there is a problem unless they are not picking it up and if that's the case I would keep an eye out for a day to see who is doing it and then talk to them.
Old 06-11-2019, 11:36 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by roob1 View Post
Follow the rules you agreed to follow when you purchased. Don't blame others if you get caught violating them.
Maybe the rules ought to include "Don't let your dog foul other people's gardens".

I should have thought that it was common decency, but if we need to have it spelled out and are not allowed to take retroactive measures...
Old 06-11-2019, 11:42 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,953 Times in 1,706 Posts

Up north some people leave hidden poison on their grass, I never let my dogs go anywhere I wasn’t sure of.
Old 06-11-2019, 12:12 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,335 Times in 729 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
Up north some people leave hidden poison on their grass, I never let my dogs go anywhere I wasn’t sure of.
Where up north? I will add that to vile states that I will never set foot in again. The list grows every year.
Old 06-11-2019, 12:17 PM
Gold member

Folks in TV with dogs don’t seem to like them peeing or pooping on their own lawn,
so they just walk them down to their neighbors!
Old 06-11-2019, 12:30 PM

I’ve been picking up someone’s dog poop at the Dunedin mailbox for weeks.. I’ve been picking it up because I didn’t want anyone to think it was from my dog. But I’ve had enough It’s a small dog. Some people are just lazy
Old 06-11-2019, 12:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,953 Times in 1,706 Posts

Oh it’s pesticide, they put it on the lawn like fertilizer, strong enough to kill a pest elephant in the right quantities. My Welshie had an excellent nose I trained him carefully as I didn’t want anything to happen to him. But I saw other dogs. Dogs are so dependent on their owners....
Old 06-11-2019, 12:45 PM

I don’t understand some dog owners, it’s your dog, please keep it on your property. It’s common sense and respect for others. Would you mind if I was coming back from a Square and pee’d on your lawn? Or worse?
Old 06-11-2019, 01:16 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWarriors View Post
I don’t understand some dog owners, it’s your dog, please keep it on your property. It’s common sense and respect for others. Would you mind if I was coming back from a Square and pee’d on your lawn? Or worse?
......Or maybe a Postal Station?
Old 06-11-2019, 01:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by roob1 View Post
Health problem, this excuse, that excuse. Follow the rules you agreed to follow when you purchased.

Don't blame others if you get caught violating them.

Is her husband walking on the lawn in his bare feet? Jeesh!!
It's hard for me to believe the part about it not being a problem until the sign came down. So the people who previously kept their dogs off her lawn are now suddenly saying "Okay, Spot, you can do your thing there now"?

Tags
dog, owners, lady, problem, anonymous

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.