Another 40+ Village resident in the news for the wrong reasosn.

Closed Thread
Old 05-19-2018, 05:37 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,663 Times in 941 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by eweissenbach View Post
Wow, judgemental much? ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chipster View Post
Wow, there was a lot of hate in those first three posts ...
Agree agree agree. Why people want to carry so much hatred in their hearts is just beyond me. Every time an under 55YO resident with a life problem is in the news, we see the same old comments. Some body starts a thread and others get on board.

And, let me add that perhaps a mental disorder is in play, not at all the fault of the parents or the child. Don't give sympathy if you don't want to, but I think there is enough heartache in that family that they don't need anyone to pile up on them.
Old 05-19-2018, 07:00 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,318 Times in 2,055 Posts

Quote:
Wow, judgemental much? Maybe he is a low life and maybe the parents are supporting his bad habits. Or. Maybe he was in an accident, was over medicated by his healthcare providers, became hooked, was kicked out by his wife and his parents took him in so he could get clean because he has always been a good person and they love him unconditionally. We really don't know the circumstances and it could be any number of scenarios. I hope he gets clean and his parents get to see their love prevail, but if he doesn't deserve any sympathy, I hope he is locked up. In any case I, and we have no idea how we might react given similar circumstances.
I like your compassion. We need more of it in these very tough times in the US.
Old 05-19-2018, 07:09 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

A certain percentage of Villagers have one or another addiction as there is demand for various 12 Step Programs throughout the entire operation. Some get a second chance at living life well and some don't. If they don't want to stop and put in the hard work to sober up nobody can shame or wish them to straighten up. It is harder on those on the family and friend support staff than the victim of the addiction for certain. I feel bad for the person who is lumped up but even worse for our community that doesn't need to be exposed to this garbage but is a new reality of life to some. Add it to the list, another heartbreaker.

Some people are just not capable of Compassion when others face trouble but cry like sissies when they face adversary.

Last edited by Nucky; 05-19-2018 at 07:14 AM.
Old 05-19-2018, 07:28 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Wow, judgemental much? Maybe he is a low life and maybe the parents are supporting his bad habits. Or. Maybe he was in an accident, was over medicated by his healthcare providers, became hooked, was kicked out by his wife and his parents took him in so he could get clean because he has always been a good person and they love him unconditionally. We really don't know the circumstances and it could be any number of scenarios. I hope he gets clean and his parents get to see their love prevail, but if he doesn't deserve any sympathy, I hope he is locked up. In any case I, and we have no idea how we might react given similar circumstances.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marathon Man View Post
Agree agree agree. Why people want to carry so much hatred in their hearts is just beyond me. Every time an under 55YO resident with a life problem is in the news, we see the same old comments. Some body starts a thread and others get on board.

And, let me add that perhaps a mental disorder is in play, not at all the fault of the parents or the child. Don't give sympathy if you don't want to, but I think there is enough heartache in that family that they don't need anyone to pile up on them.

Old 05-19-2018, 08:16 AM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,624 Times in 1,765 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
I like your compassion. We need more of it in these very tough times in the US.
What? It is a wonderful time of recovery, renewal and strengthening in the USA!

The economy is growing, employment is up, the stock market strong. We are emerging from a dreadful long period of despondency.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 05-19-2018, 08:22 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
What? It is a very great time of recovery and strengthening in the USA!

The economy is growing, employment is up, the stock market strong. We are emerging from a dreadful long period of despondency.
Sorry, but I disagree.

I think a 'reality check' is in order here.

Facts matter.

I'll let everyone make their own conclusions...based on the years.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	DJIA-2008 to 2018.jpg
Views:	381
Size:	23.6 KB
ID:	75105  
Old 05-19-2018, 08:22 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marathon Man View Post

List of mental disorders - Wikipedia

Mental / Medical professionals would love to one million more official disorders.

EVERYBODY has a few.

Once a person dwells on his diagnosis they are doomed to failure which is what the system wants.
Old 05-19-2018, 08:24 AM
Sage

Facts ho

Lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
Sorry, but I disagree.

Facts matter.

Old 05-19-2018, 08:31 AM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,624 Times in 1,765 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allegiance View Post
List of mental disorders - Wikipedia

Mental / Medical professionals would love to one million more official disorders.

EVERYBODY has a few.

Once a person dwells on his diagnosis they are doomed to failure which is what the system wants.
Psychologists can't seem to dream up mental disorders fast enough to excuse what borders on or is actual criminal behavior. A plethora have been invented in the last generation. Of course then they have more "diseases" to treat and more money to make.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 05-19-2018, 08:44 AM
Gold member

Addiction is a sickness that is very difficult to overcome. Even with the best programs, success rates are low. The addicted person in most cases does not want to live that way. The parent enablers can be just as sick as their offspring. It is a family disease which has the best chance of some success when both family enablers and offspring seek the help, mostly free, that is out there from those that have been through these horrors, admitted the problem and succeeded in living productive lives. Miracles happen every day. Those that want to learn more can watch utube videos by Father Martin called CHALK TALK. His tackling of the problem in a sometimes humorous way will both entertain and educate you and after viewing will likely give those who tend to criticize an entirely different perspective. See CHALK TALK REVISED...UTUBE SHORTER VERSION.

Last edited by villagerjack; 05-19-2018 at 08:59 AM.
Old 05-19-2018, 11:28 PM
Sage

They must be forgiven for their actions.

The crime gene: Should bad genetics mean a shorter sentence for criminals?
Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
Psychologists can't seem to dream up mental disorders fast enough to excuse what borders on or is actual criminal behavior. A plethora have been invented in the last generation. Of course then they have more "diseases" to treat and more money to make.
Old 05-20-2018, 06:44 AM

Remember 20% of the population can be under 55. So that's about 23,600, right? Everyone knew that going in.

U.S. Immigration and Naturalization Service

Senior Firearms Instructor,
Federal Law Enforcement Training Center (FLETC)
Glynco, GA
Old 05-20-2018, 07:29 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wing-nut2 View Post
Remember 20% of the population can be under 55. So that's about 23,600, right? Everyone knew that going in.
What percentage of the population of TV is ACTUALLY under 55? That is the relevant statistic.
Old 05-20-2018, 08:26 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,318 Times in 2,055 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by champion6 View Post
What percentage of the population of TV is ACTUALLY under 55? That is the relevant statistic.
Would that be in the Census? U.S. Census Bureau QuickFacts: The Villages CDP, Florida
Old 05-20-2018, 08:59 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown
What? It is a very great time of recovery and strengthening in the USA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
Sorry, but I disagree.

Facts matter.

The Villages Florida
I don't quite understand your comeback. You're trying to disprove 'manabouttown' assertion that we are in a great time of recovery but put up a chart of Dow Jones showing a steady rate of growth from 2009 to 2018. I would of thought the chart would of be in a decline to help prove your point.
Closed Thread

Tags
make, village, resident, past, days

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.