Another Accident on 466a and Buena Vista

Closed Thread
Old 11-26-2013, 05:51 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizdoc View Post
I've become convinced that around here, I must assume everyone on the roads, paths, and parking lots is trying to kill me. This includes (but is not limited to) the groups of Tour de France re-enactors in the traffic circles, the SUVs on the multimodal paths, the cement trucks racing thru the new construction zones, the chemically impaired in any manner of vehicle, the visually impaired who are trying to impersonate Mr Magoo, the 6 year olds driving grandma to her hair appointment, the faux street-legal carts set to do 40 mph, the assorted vehicles driving the wrong way down divided highways, and folks hanging from the backs of 2 seat golf carts.
FUNNY....but oh.so.true!! You know you've lived here for a certain length of time when you can agree with ALL of the above!
Old 11-26-2013, 06:22 PM
Sage

Quote:
I've become convinced that around here, I must assume everyone on the roads, paths, and parking lots is trying to kill me. This includes (but is not limited to) the groups of Tour de France re-enactors in the traffic circles, the SUVs on the multimodal paths, the cement trucks racing thru the new construction zones, the chemically impaired in any manner of vehicle, the visually impaired who are trying to impersonate Mr Magoo, the 6 year olds driving grandma to her hair appointment, the faux street-legal carts set to do 40 mph, the assorted vehicles driving the wrong way down divided highways, and folks hanging from the backs of 2 seat golf carts.
It's so true!!!
Old 11-26-2013, 09:26 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
I cannot argue with any point you have made and have seen every instance you described. My wife and I have had many many discussions between ourselves and with friends and we are convinced that many people living or visiting The Villages have a death wish or something.
Old 11-26-2013, 10:24 PM
Sage

...and "the season" has just begun!
Old 11-27-2013, 07:32 PM
Default Counting to five?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyisle View Post
You really need to be safe our there.
I've learned to follow Gracie's advice - when the light turns green, count to 5 before entering any intersection. You stand a much better chance of not being t-boned.
And just think, the snow birds aren't back yet either... It's all us darned year rounders causing all this ruckus on a Sunday..
When counting to five is that done slowly or ?? That may work around here but if you try that in Orlando or Tampa you are going to get run over or at least receive "hand signals" from vehicles behind you. I will admit its a good thought however I prefer to start out and look both ways as I do.

Is it true that traffic lights and turn signals are only suggestions here in Florida?
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.