Apartment type building

Closed Thread
Old 05-05-2011, 08:13 PM
Default Apartment type building

My aunt and I were discussing TV. She said she has a friend that lives there who is in a building (sort of like an apartment - 2 story and she lives on the second floor). She says she has been living there for 20 years.

For the life of me I don't recall seeing that type of complex there but I have not hit every corner in my visits. Is there any type of structures that would fit that description?
Old 05-05-2011, 08:56 PM
Gold member

Not that I know of. Freedom Pointe, which is only about a year or so old, has apartments in about a 4-5 story building near the Villages Hospital, but I believe you buy into that - it's Independent Living, with possibly also Assisted Living. Other Villa/Condo style buildings have attached condos, with a guest suite on the 2nd floor - I think all master suites are on the 1st floor.
Old 05-06-2011, 04:29 AM
Veteran member

There are 2 story townhomes in Spanish Springs. Have not been in one but have seen them.
Old 05-06-2011, 04:46 AM
Veteran member

Over by Glenview I think I saw townhome style attached housing

"The difficult we can do immediately the impossible just takes a little longer"
Old 05-06-2011, 05:47 AM
Eternal Member

I don't think any of the places mentioned so far has been here for 20 years. Are you sure this building is in The Villages or just on the outskirts?

Do not follow where the path may lead.
Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
Old 05-06-2011, 06:22 AM
Default Apartments

To my knowledge(11 Year resident)there are no 2nd floor apartments in The Villages.
Old 05-06-2011, 06:42 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by schotzyb View Post
I don't think any of the places mentioned so far has been here for 20 years. Are you sure this building is in The Villages or just on the outskirts?
You're right. It appears that the townhomes adjacent to Spanish Springs were built around 2000.
Old 05-06-2011, 08:19 AM
Gold member
Default depends where you live

I've lived in multiple states and regions of the USA - in some parts, a condo refers strictly to a "flat" style apartment. In others, a condo can also be a town house, or a duplex, etc.

In most parts of Ohio, a condo simply means you own the unit and it is not free-standing - could be a flat in a 12 story building, or an attached town house, or one side of a 2 unit building (if sold separately).

In most parts of Florida (but not The Villages), a villa is usually an attached unit in either 2, 4 or 6 unit configuration.

Gets complicated. What I would call a condo would be The Spanish Springs attached villas, most of which have a 2nd story guest suite, or the ones near Glenview CC that The Villages calls Carriage Homes.

Gets confusing. Still, I don't think there are any Villages properties over 2 stories except for Freedom Pointe - Independent Living (and possibly also Assisted Living wing - not sure about the Assisted Living section).
Old 05-06-2011, 08:36 AM
Smile Thanks

Thanks for your input. That is what I thought...just wanted to make sure I was not losing my mind.
Old 05-06-2011, 09:17 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl View Post
I've lived in multiple states and regions of the USA - in some parts, a condo refers strictly to a "flat" style apartment. In others, a condo can also be a town house, or a duplex, etc.

In most parts of Ohio, a condo simply means you own the unit and it is not free-standing - could be a flat in a 12 story building, or an attached town house, or one side of a 2 unit building (if sold separately).

In most parts of Florida (but not The Villages), a villa is usually an attached unit in either 2, 4 or 6 unit configuration.

Gets complicated. What I would call a condo would be The Spanish Springs attached villas, most of which have a 2nd story guest suite, or the ones near Glenview CC that The Villages calls Carriage Homes.

Gets confusing. Still, I don't think there are any Villages properties over 2 stories except for Freedom Pointe - Independent Living (and possibly also Assisted Living wing - not sure about the Assisted Living section).
Condo(condominium) refers to the type of real estate ownership, not to the type of property. Many people erroneously refer to apartment flats as condos.

There are
Condo: lots, flats, townhouses, boat slips, garages , airplane hangers, storage units and many more. Virtually any type of real estate can be held in condominium(condo) ownership.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.