Another commercial site planned near Brownwood

Closed Thread
Old 03-02-2015, 10:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandB View Post
We definitely need some meaningful retail on the south side of the Villages. We can only hope the developer or other entity is going to invest in something other than 800 square foot speciality shops
The developer builds to suit the business they try to attract. The developer cannot be Home Goods and cannot make Home Goods come here. But they wish they would, I am sure.
Old 03-03-2015, 07:42 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by champion6 View Post
A small development with four one-story buildings for retail, restaurant, and medical office uses is planned for the site where the now-closed O'Shea's restaurant is located.
http://wildwoodcityfl.iqm2.com/Citiz...50&Inline=True
You sure know how to fire up the rumor mill !!
Old 03-03-2015, 03:16 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulligan View Post
You sure know how to fire up the rumor mill !!
I am here to serve
Old 03-03-2015, 04:11 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,753 Times in 3,629 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Because we all know they read TOTV daily; like all the restaurant owners, shop owners, golf ambassadors, golf course maintenance managers, etc.
Dogs, Kids, Round-abouts, Gated Communities, Stickers, and the shortage of Pickles.
Old 03-03-2015, 04:56 PM
Sage

///
Old 03-03-2015, 09:23 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
There was a thread going about a year and a half ago that the fellow who owns the Holiday Inn at Spanish Springs was going to build a motel and bowling alley at the O'shea location. Coming Soon Bowling Alley
Quote:
Originally Posted by bagboy View Post
From an extremely reliable source, the current bowling centers owner (the Ducats) did purchase land close to Brownwood, but not in The Villages proper. This purchase happened at least 3 years ago with the intent of building another bowling center. The sign that went up announcing a future center near O'sheas on SR 44 was on land owned by someone named Patel. The fact that the Ducats have not proceeded with their third bowling center as yet leads me to believe they probably won't anytime soon. But , this is only my opinion and they could announce a new center tomorrow. As far as I know, neither center would be golf cart accessible. <snip>
John_W, that thread was about the parcel east of O'Shea's and is the same parcel that bagboy is referring to.

According to the Sumter County site, in March 2013 Steven Parramore sold that parcel to Wildwood Enterprise LLC.

In February 2015, development of that parcel was reviewed and approved by the Wildwood Planning and Zoning Board - discussed here: New shopping near Brownwood
The proposal showed the owner as Wildwood Enterprise and the applicant shown on that proposal was Alpesh Patel.

So I don't think there will be a bowling alley or hotel in that location. Maybe somewhere else?
Old 03-03-2015, 10:29 PM
Default Home Goods

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagboy View Post
Bogie, I have searched the sites that I frequent, and even looked for future locations on the Homegoods website. Nothing. I "thought" I read that somewhere because we had a Homegoods in Myrtle Beach and I am familiar with shopping there. And I thought that was a good thing they were coming to The Villages. Of course, I could be mistaken...
About 4 months ago, I was told by the manager of Home Goods in Winter Garden that The Villages would be getting a Home Goods store in 2015 and it would be located off 441, near Home Depot area. I keep waiting to see something in the paper about it coming soon.
Old 03-04-2015, 09:53 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,041 Times in 368 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckySevens View Post
About 4 months ago, I was told by the manager of Home Goods in Winter Garden that The Villages would be getting a Home Goods store in 2015 and it would be located off 441, near Home Depot area. I keep waiting to see something in the paper about it coming soon.
I sure hope there is a Home Goods built somewhere in or near The Villages...I am beginning to think I am seeing and hearing things that aren't real lol.
Old 03-04-2015, 05:33 PM
Sage

All these large companies everyone wants such as Costco, Home Goods, Fresh market etc. make extensive surveys of areas, and all the urging from TOTV isn't going to sway them to move here if the numbers don't turn out to be profitable. Same is true by putting it in your yearly survey. They are very experienced at picking locations on their own.............well, with the exception of Target in Canada.
Old 03-04-2015, 05:50 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNLAKEPANDA View Post
I agree and guess what... It is going to be a Hooters! So ladies if you man is not golfing you will know where to find him.
If you have ever been to the Tilted Kilt in Orlando, you would enjoy having that here too. I went one time with my 86 year old friend, he looked at the bartender and said he "wouldn't need a blue pill for that"...
Old 03-07-2015, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
A neighbor serves on the Hospital Board and he says that the plan is to have a larger hospital (which is building now) . We are only 17 miles from stem to stern.
Gracie,
No disrespect but, we will probably have 120k SENIORS living here soon and one hospital is not going to cut it.
Old 03-07-2015, 12:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,352 Times in 2,391 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinricci View Post
just as long as it isn't a Mosque.
Why?
Old 03-08-2015, 10:25 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Buckeyes View Post
Gracie,
No disrespect but, we will probably have 120k SENIORS living here soon and one hospital is not going to cut it.

There are options. Closest hospital to the Brownwood area is Leesburg at 10 1/2 miles. The Villages hospital is about 16 miles away.
Old 03-08-2015, 10:58 AM
Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by spk7951 View Post
There are options. Closest hospital to the Brownwood area is Leesburg at 10 1/2 miles. The Villages hospital is about 16 miles away.
Wouldn't it also be quicker to get to Leesburg, in the event of an emergency, because of all the traffic on Morse Blvd north of CR466?
Old 03-08-2015, 12:53 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Buckeyes View Post
Gracie,
No disrespect taken. I don't know how you get great physicians or teaching hospitals to come to an area but I would like it a lot.

I feel the Morse bunch have done everything they can think to do to get better health care here.

I think that emergency facilities in and out of the hospital will always be burdened during high population times.

Really great health care is the ONLY reason that I am not completely happy here. I miss our fine doctors and facilities from Cincinnati.

And if I were of parenting age I would miss our fine schools too. Maybe that is holding back the doctors.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.