Another commercial site planned near Brownwood

Closed Thread
Old 03-08-2015, 04:05 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
No disrespect taken. I don't know how you get great physicians or teaching hospitals to come to an area but I would like it a lot.

I feel the Morse bunch have done everything they can think to do to get better health care here.

I think that emergency facilities in and out of the hospital will always be burdened during high population times.

Really great health care is the ONLY reason that I am not completely happy here. I miss our fine doctors and facilities from Cincinnati.

And if I were of parenting age I would miss our fine schools too. Maybe that is holding back the doctors.
Gracie - my wife had a procedure done in 2000 in Cincinatti by a world renowned neurosurgeon (whom she trained with at Mass General Hospital in Boston). The Univ of Cincinatti Medical Center is world class. You may have even heard of Professor John Tew.

Let's say a large number of TV residents wanted Shands to develop a presence here. We would need to make our feelings known to the administration there. If they felt so inclined they would probably see how things went with an outpatient presence after talking with a large number of local PCPs. Do you remember my comment about how a competitor would favorably view the south side of TV?
Old 03-08-2015, 04:31 PM

sure would like to have a hardware store such as ace. sure is a drive to go to the existing ones.
Old 03-08-2015, 05:55 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Really great health care is the ONLY reason that I am not completely happy here. I miss our fine doctors and facilities from Cincinnati.
And if I were of parenting age I would miss our fine schools too. Maybe that is holding back the doctors.
Gracie, what happened?...... you are sounding like a New Yorker........................"Everything is better back home", "this is how we did it up north". I have many friends from Ohio and have always like people from the mid-west since they have respect for others and are always polite, but......
don't see them any more healthy or educated than the rest of us.
I guess 62 years in Florida has kept me from the real world of "up north".
Old 03-08-2015, 08:08 PM
Sage
Default Another commercial site planned near Brownwood

///
Old 03-08-2015, 08:09 PM
Sage
Default Another commercial site planned near Brownwood

I think GG is just missing her Cincinatti roots a little. We all do periodically.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.