Another Documentary Documentary About The Villages - "The Bubble"

Closed Thread
Old 05-12-2021, 03:27 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,203 Times in 569 Posts

My pet peeve is 8 posts in a row by the same poster.
Old 05-12-2021, 04:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,910 Times in 1,528 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
You could do your part to save the planet by not running your A/C and using a bicycle for transportation. Cut your own grass with a push mower and use hand tools to trim your bushes. The electricity to run power tools has to be generated somehow, likely by a fossil fuel operated plant. Also batteries and solar panels comprise toxic materials which much be disposed of somewhere at some point in time. These materials are frequently mined in Africa under unsafe and polluting conditions.
Actually, I have ALWAYS used a push mower, up North or in Florida. No one can say with a straight face that gasoline pollutes less than electricity! Or that gasoline engines are NOT noisy and more polluting than electric motors. Gas engines are about 30% efficient. Some electric motors are 90% efficient. That's why every year more and more electric vehicles are on the road. It does NOT take an Einstein-like futurist to see the trends shaping us today!
Old 05-12-2021, 04:46 PM
Veteran member
Location: Dhahran, Duesseldorf, Hemel Hempstead, Phoenix, Grand Rapids, Washington DC, and now TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjamuser View Post
Invaded - Yes, recently on Jan 6th the people's House of Congress WAS invaded. The large numbers of guns in civilian hands did NOTHING to prevent that. In History, guns have been used for Democracy and guns have been used to advance Fascism. The mere owning of guns does NOT guarantee freedom!
That entire area of Washington DC is a gun free zone.

And that's exactly why we need the 2nd amendment.
Old 05-12-2021, 05:10 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,611 Times in 1,760 Posts

Quote:
Actually, I have ALWAYS used a push mower, up North or in Florida. No one can say with a straight face that gasoline pollutes less than electricity! Or that gasoline engines are NOT noisy and more polluting than electric motors. Gas engines are about 30% efficient. Some electric motors are 90% efficient. That's why every year more and more electric vehicles are on the road. It does NOT take an Einstein-like futurist to see the trends shaping us today!
But do you run the air conditioning and heating systems in your home? Do you fly on airplanes and use other forms of fossil fuel propelled transportation? Do you operate a refrigerator, freezer, vacuum cleaner?

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 05-12-2021, 07:15 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,511 Times in 710 Posts

Quote:
Poor Don got hoodwinked (someone winked at his hood). But........he also got paid the big bucks by the nice Austrian lady. So his hood should NOT feel TOO bad.
Interesting statement, where did you get your facts? Where did you get your information? Did I tell you this (I'm the only one who knows for sure)?

You have no facts, you're simply making things up.

You have no idea what you are talking about, and you know absolutely nothing of my business. You are simply spouting B.S. and lies about something you know absolutely NOTHING about!

The video was shot in May 2019, my company and commercial work did not exist until August 2019, I received exactly $0.00 for this work, that's right I did it for free, those are the FACTS.

I did this because I thought it would be a positive thing for our community, I was unfortunately wrong.
www.goldwingnut.com
YouTube –YouTube.com/GoldWingnut and YouTube.com/GoldWingnutProductions
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero
Society is produced by our wants, and government by wickedness; the former promotes our happiness positively by uniting our affections, the latter negatively by restraining our vices. - Thomas Paine, 1/10/1776
Old 05-12-2021, 07:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,302 Times in 820 Posts

How does that saying about assume go ?
Old 05-12-2021, 08:21 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,211 Times in 350 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by angiefox10 View Post
I wasn't going to watch the film either. I watched the previous film and felt it was awful and done poorly.

I'm not sure how saying a video is "thought provoking" or "makes you think if you have an open mind" has anything to do with YOUR priorities.

There are many people in here making comments and haven't watched it. I did watch it. I felt I understood the folks who lived outside The Villages better and the people who lives outside The Villages have told me they understand the residents of The Villages better as well.

I just happen to think things work better when you can listen to each other and work to understand. I would think you would want that in a commissioner.

Calling people names and making assumptions is never good.

Ya'll have a nice day... Please try not to judge until you have listened to the other side and especially not when you haven't watched the film you are judging.
Angie - first of all, I do understand the frustration of the Sumter residents who live outside of the Villages. I get that they hate all of this development.

I hope I didn’t call anyone names. I quoted what you and your husband said. And I said it’s good to know where your commissioners head is at when it comes to YOUR priorities. This blog is Talk of the Villages. The YOUR refers to Villages residents.

I also agree things work better when you can listen to each other and work to understand. I do want that in a commissioner. I really wish the EMS team would listen to and try to work with South Sumter residents, Villagers, and The Developer. . Not because I want The Developer to take advantage of Sumter County residents, but because understanding and compromise can be a good thing.
Old 05-12-2021, 08:28 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,319 Times in 462 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldwingnut View Post

You have no facts, you're simply making things up.

You have no idea what you are talking about, and you know absolutely nothing of my business. You are simply spouting B.S. and lies about something you know absolutely NOTHING about!
That's a normal round of posts from jimmyjammer
Old 05-12-2021, 11:16 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,674 Times in 628 Posts

How do we get to watch the full movie?
Old 05-13-2021, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VApeople View Post
How do we get to watch the full movie?
Well, you can wait until the official release, or ... Goldwingnut could be so kind and shares his copy of the film.
I have a downloaded copy of the film myself (see my post #15) but unfortunately I am not allowed to share it for legal reasons.
Old 05-13-2021, 05:55 AM
Veteran member
Location: Dhahran, Duesseldorf, Hemel Hempstead, Phoenix, Grand Rapids, Washington DC, and now TV

'The Bubble' World Premieres in Competition at Visions du Reel - Variety
Old 05-13-2021, 07:09 AM
Sage
Thanked 8,251 Times in 4,283 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmarkwald View Post

Er... Not any more...

-Tom Petty
Old 05-13-2021, 07:15 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,511 Times in 710 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by swissy View Post
Well, you can wait until the official release, or ... Goldwingnut could be so kind and shares his copy of the film.
I have a downloaded copy of the film myself (see my post #15) but unfortunately I am not allowed to share it for legal reasons.
While I was able to copy the entire video stream and have a copy of it on one of my drives (having the right tools always helps), it would be a copyright infringement to share it publicly, so the only way to see it now is to pay the $8 to view it. Films - Sarasota Film Festival
www.goldwingnut.com
YouTube –YouTube.com/GoldWingnut and YouTube.com/GoldWingnutProductions
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero
Society is produced by our wants, and government by wickedness; the former promotes our happiness positively by uniting our affections, the latter negatively by restraining our vices. - Thomas Paine, 1/10/1776
Old 05-13-2021, 07:24 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,911 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwoods View Post
Angie - first of all, I do understand the frustration of the Sumter residents who live outside of the Villages. I get that they hate all of this development.

I hope I didn’t call anyone names. I quoted what you and your husband said. And I said it’s good to know where your commissioners head is at when it comes to YOUR priorities. This blog is Talk of the Villages. The YOUR refers to Villages residents.

I also agree things work better when you can listen to each other and work to understand. I do want that in a commissioner. I really wish the EMS team would listen to and try to work with South Sumter residents, Villagers, and The Developer. . Not because I want The Developer to take advantage of Sumter County residents, but because understanding and compromise can be a good thing.
I don't.

What do you think they are most frustrated with? The thousands of jobs that have been created? The new retail stores and shopping opportunities? Perhaps the Town Squares where anyone can go, shop, eat, and listen to live music for free. Do they hate that Sumter County has gone from the poorest county in Florida to the 12th most affluent in 20-25 years? Do they hate that their property taxes have been REDUCED, yes, reduced----the mileage rate is lower than 25 years ago?

Are you sure you understand their frustration or their jealousy?
Old 05-13-2021, 07:25 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmarkwald View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
Er... Not any more...
Yes, the area around Federal buildings is gun-free.

Or, rather gun-free for any law-abiding citizen.
Closed Thread

Tags
documentary, villages, bubble, here---, link

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.